• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who is going to MAQ? (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
damnation said:
I just heard some good stuff about mentors and then when I read your sig it reminded me of what I had heard. I think I'll find a mentor, hopefuly they can give me a hand with textbooks and some general stuff like Lynn mentioned. :)
good luck with it. :)

my opinions are just from my own experiences.

HSC
N/A
As are mine. :) I think everyone's experience is a little different, and that's cool.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
glitterfairy said:
As are mine. :) I think everyone's experience is a little different, and that's cool.
yeah. i mean they weren't bad or anything.

i just got all the "insider info" because my cousin was doing her last yr at uni.

btw, what does SCMP stand for? society, culture, media, psychology?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
glitterfairy said:
i never knew mentors existed...but it sounds good, i might consider becoming one, so i can help all the first year chicks. They're all so vulnerable and lost, lusting for guidance :)

In all seriousness though, the mentor just basically guides students around on O-Day, and that's it?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Supra said:
i never knew mentors existed...but it sounds good, i might consider becoming one, so i can help all the first year chicks. They're all so vulnerable and lost, lusting for guidance :)

In all seriousness though, the mentor just basically guides students around on O-Day, and that's it?
i'd say keep in contact with them during semester/etc.

but havent recieved any info from them, so cannot say. have to wait until training.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It really depends on how much the mentees want the contact, i kept in touch with some of mine, since i was doing the same subjects, but yeah, we can't really force them to keep in touch.

HSC
N/A
I'm still in contact with my mentor from last year :)

We did MKTG101 together, I bitched to her about the stupidity of CUL100, she got me to critique a lot of her short stories for ENGL218, I woke her up with a phone call when I forgot where W6A was... heehee! I think I was really lucky though.

I'm really looking forward to mentoring. My goal is to make them feel like they got something positive out of Orientation day... so long as I achieve that, I'll be satisfied :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, don't deny all you first years want some strong, manly, guidance, in the form of Supra :p

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Haha, don't deny all you first years want some strong, manly, guidance, in the form of Supra :p
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh me too, me too! Take me back to first year, baby!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
lusting?! riiiiiiiiiiight

:p

hey! wernt you supposed to help me out?! hrmm...
lol thanks for drawing attention to my overly suggestive word choice :p
Of course I'll help you!!! You're like my main disciple...but now my services have "like totally" expanded to benefit even more first years :)

AsyLum said:
Haha yes that's right, listen to AsyLum young ones!

glitterfairy said:
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh me too, me too! Take me back to first year, baby!
anything for you sweetie ;)

CieL

HSC
hahhaha just on the topic of Orientation Day..

if i do B BA/BA Psych.. should i go to two orientations or something?

one for linguistics/psych.. and for eco/financial studies.. actually do i even fall under those categories?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Id go to the Psych one, just because you'd probably have more fun there :p

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Go to the psych one, just because BA is so varied and so you wont really get any specific info on it, whereas, with the psych mentors, we can answer your questions.

Plus, I'm a psych mentor, as is Skittled and Cyan_Phoenix - all the sexy BoSers! :D

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
MaryJane said:
Go to the psych one, just because BA is so varied and so you wont really get any specific info on it, whereas, with the psych mentors, we can answer your questions.

Plus, I'm a psych mentor, as is Skittled and Cyan_Phoenix - all the sexy BoSers! :D
yeah they were going to make a psych mentor, due to the aforementioned sexiness, but they wanted to bump it up in the efs dept.

anything for the good of the community...*sigh*

HSC
N/A
Ah, the sacrifices some people make for the good of sexiness diversification... *sheds a tear in awe*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha, altruistic members of society, doing it for the chics, you truly are men of courage!

*ushers them to death by snoo snoo!*

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
manifestation said:
I think they decided when to it...without you guys!!!
yes that is because 3rd yrs > 2nd yrs > 1st yrs
;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)