Who is going to MAQ? (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
pig_93 said:
what are all the main dates for us to do stuff by ( for MAC, specifically ) if we got a main round offer thing?

i dont know what i have to do, and what the dates are etc...its all so confusing.
you got a letter in your mailbox right?

the little tearoff at the bottom: you have to go to macq uni personally, to room 226 at C5A, sign that paper and hand it to the people in that room
DO THIS BEFORE THE 25TH OF JANUARY OTHERWISE YOU'LL BE REJECTEDDDDD

yes.. then you'll get this big paper envelope (A4) which contains info about deferment, HECS-HELP, if you have any sicknesses, etc etc. just general info they might need to know about you..

yeh, then after enrolment (date depends on your surname and course) you have to pay your uni fees BEFORE THE 25TH OF FEBRUARY

damn i hope i'm right..

CieL

HSC
Tabris said:
Think of it as school contributions, u will know how much to pay when they print out your invoice on enrolment day.
Are school contributions compulsary?

shannatic

**hairy genius**
HSC
im going to macq at the moment but im really hoping for a 2nd round offer at UTS
i was sooo close to the cut off so fingers crossed

CieL

HSC
alot of people were under the 06 cutoffs and still got in

Tabris

HSC
Student activity fees are compulsery, u ether pay or u can have your enrolment cancelled.

I know some people who got in below the cut off, thats a good thing...

manifestation

What?!
HSC
zahid said:
Nice indian (sub continental) chicks around?
Maq has alot of asians and has a bit of american students too and there are desi's (don't know about the good looking ladies never seen any myself!!!!) I don't go to Maq but I have been there alot so yeah I have a fair idea.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
^
Man..you don't understand!!! I need chicks to balance out my studies...you see i attended an ALL BOYS SCHOOL.

CieL

HSC
HotShot said:
applied finance+accounting, damn tabris ur scaring me with accounting part..
yeh scaring me too

i think i'll do ACCG100 and ACCG101.. or should i do ACCG105

*hating this timetable thing*

CieL

HSC
_Bushra_ said:
Do I have to hand in my timetable to someone at MQ? Like to get it finalised or something?

What a predicament *sighs*
ahahah everyone's lost about how MQ works..

iono, they just told me to bring it on enrolment day.. so i shall.. if i complete it..

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
I hate the gay timetabling thing!!!!!!!!!! I want to kill it!!!!!!!!!!! I just dont get it!!!!

*cries*

wtf is the difference between BIOL114 and BIOL115?!?! do I take one in one sem and the other in the other sem? or is it totally dependnet on me?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Timetabling is easy...

You have First Semester and Second Semester.

Here is a list of the units through the whole uni. If you follow the links to say BIOL114, then you are greeted with some information.

BIOL114: Evolution and Biodiversity

BIOL114, and its companion unit BIOL115 The Thread of Life, introduce you to the essential concepts in current biology - the foundations of biological sciences in the new century. The units are designed for two groups of students. They form the first step for students pursuing a career in the Biological Sciences and also provide a basis for students in other disciplines who wish to maintain an interest in this dynamic field.

The process of evolution has resulted in an amazing diversity of life forms. As a consequence of recent discoveries in a variety of biological disciplines, we can now begin to understand not just what, but also how and why, life has evolved in the way it has. BIOL114 focuses on the major concepts underlying current biological understanding. It commences with ideas on the origin of life and continues through energy flow, genetic diversity, natural selection, speciation and biogeography. The essential steps in the evolution of the major lifeforms are described and methods for determining the relationships amongst them are discussed. Throughout the unit, these core concepts are illustrated with examples from current research.
It features the short description of the unit at the top.
Credit Points: 3These are credit points and is the way of measuring subjects with their 'suggested' contact hours. As a norm most units are of 3, higher level (2nd Year and onwards) units are usually 4
Contact Hours: 6
When Offered: D1 - Day; Offered in the first half-year
X1 - External study; Offered in the first half-year (On Campus session: 18-20 April; 20-21 May)
Xc1 - External study (composite mode); Offered in the first half-year This is when each unit is offered, D1 = Day/Semester 1. It follows the rule that Day=D, E=Evening, X=External, and then the semester as the number. If it says D3 or E3 or similar, it means it is offered for the full year.
Staff Contact: Professor Briscoe
Prerequisites: This is where previous subjects/prerequisites that you need to have done to do this unit are mentioned.

Corequisites: This is where any units you MUST take at the same time, or in order (Pass in Semester 1, then you're allowed to take the unit in semester 2)

NCCWs:

Unit Designations: Technology
Medical Sciences
Assessed As: Graded
Offered By: Department of Biological Sciences
Now to the side of each unit description, there are links to unit webpages, which would usually have lecture notes or a link to webct discussion forums.

Below this, there is a link to the Timetable, of when it is offered.

Now to the timetable.

First go here and find your degree. It should have the rules and statements relevant for the completion of your degree. Further, it will have the "Programs of Study"

BCom-Accg - Bachelor of Commerce-Accounting

A Bachelor of Commerce-Accounting Degree is a three year program, longer for part time students, accredited by CPA Australia and the Insitute of Chartered Accountants.
General Requirements

1. Minimum number of credit points: 68
2. Maximum number of credit points at 100 level: 30
3. Minimum number of credit points in units at 300 level or above designated in the Schedule of Undergraduate Units as commerce or economics units: 18
4. and completion of other specific requirements as set out in the Schedule of Undergraduate Programs

Programs of Study

* ACCG03 - Professional Accounting
If you click on that bottom link, it will take you to a sample program of study, and will have any prescribed/core (the units you HAVE to do to graduate with the degree and move on) units for your degree, in 100/200/300/400/xxx level steps.

Now with that in mind, you go through this list, and have a look at when each unit is offered, what pre-requisites you need to complete the 300 level units and work backwards and make sure you complete those subjects.

You then move to the timetable sheet you have, select:
a) Lecture_1
a1) Lecture_2 (only if it's listed)
[these are usually pre-determined and are the only ones you can't 'choose' to move around.]
b) Tutorial_1 [These are smaller classes, find something that fits into your schedule.
c) Practical_1[Kinda like Tutorials, but some have both, its just another class]

Now you fill in your timetable.

Its not that hard :)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
yeh im doing B Commerce at Mac

and trust me, when i was acceptin my offer i saw many fine chicks there. heaps

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
illmatic said:
yeh im doing B Commerce at Mac

and trust me, when i was acceptin my offer i saw many fine chicks there. heaps
exactly .

ladyknight

HSC
Yay! Im doing Bachelor of Creative Arts at Club Maq (titters with excitement)!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Welcome, we have another CA student in glitterfairy :)

Tabris

HSC
Wait until u see the humanities and SCMP department eh Asylum?

Also dont forget to post your timetable, AsyLum and iambored needs to confirm if there are not any clashes with their timetable, they need some entertainment during those long breaks and watching the ducks next to the lake is not good enough.

BTW, I assume u have all done 2u maths? 2nd year economics unit (all u applied finance students have to do this) requires 2u maths, if u havent u have to do Maths1xx, which is much harder than 2u maths.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)