Who is going to MAQ? (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Some of us may be there for orientation/mentoring, but as Tabris said, usually not for enrolment (unless i get paid :p).

And bushra, you'll find most people won't have such an 'open' timetable especially if theyre doing something business/commerce related.

Tabris

HSC
Only person i know is Steve (Skittled). He will be at enrolment, it think he works there temporarily, if u have any enrolment q's ask him,

CieL

HSC
just wondering..

for PSY104/F/1/D, there are two lectures and a practical

except if you do the same course PS104/F/1/E but in the evening.. there's only a seminar?

why is that?

asscookie

dork.
HSC
CieL said:
just wondering..

except if you do the same course PS104/F/1/E but in the evening.. there's only a seminar?

why is that?
I was wondering about this too, maybe we have to attend both the seminars and the lectures...

I don't even know whether or not the electives I've chosen are acceptable for a psych degree :confused:

CieL

HSC
BOTH~!?

no way!! i cant fit all this in.. my timetable is loaded to the full.. i dont know why, i think i might be doing something wrong.. but it's stressing me out to see myself going to uni everyday and doing consecutive hours, rushing from building A to building B in like, 1min..

i forgot to add a COMP unit.. and now my 1st semester is all stuffed since the times are crammed and everything

!#$$%$%

my timetable is so crazy i think i might have done something wrong..

sucks..

btw, how do i know how much i gotta pay on enrolment day?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Uni fees: $184
Membership for Coop: $10 (optional)
Parking, depends on which one you choose.

So i say take about 300-400 for safety :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
zahid said:
Nice indian (sub continental) chicks around?
hey man...lol i remember the feeling...all boys school, then uni, there were so many chicks...but don't let that get in the way of your studies...seriously maintain a balance...and the bar is evil i tell u, lol ahhh the good old days :p

_Bushra_ said:
I have finally made my freaking timetable (with a little help from Supra...Okay he did the entire thing for me :p) and I'm rather proud of it! It looks oh so official!

I only have to go 4 days a week! booyah

oh and Mon i hope we can totally hang out! :D omg I have a freind!
lol i remember that...your timetable was so damn difficult with all those science pracs! Let me assure you young people, you can hang out with whoever you want, because you might be doing common subjects/ common breaks/ common skipping of classes...

keep posting your problems people...i recommend reading the information they give you, it helps a lot.

Krish

CieL

HSC
so what are the differences between lectures and tutorials?

is it better to group them together on the same day or space them out?

illmatic

NaS
HSC
WTF?

Is Macquarie Uni's "O-Week" crap or something? I cant find a link to it (actually i did, and it was fucking horrible and didnt look exciting at all, so im in denial that that was the actual link), so does this mean Macquarie has a shit house boring o-week?

CieL

HSC
illmatic said:
WTF?

Is Macquarie Uni's "O-Week" crap or something? I cant find a link to it (actually i did, and it was fucking horrible and didnt look exciting at all, so im in denial that that was the actual link), so does this mean Macquarie has a shit house boring o-week?
is O-Week = orientation week?

isnt that like.. over already? i only realised today it was over.. and i forgot all about it..

illmatic

NaS
HSC
CieL said:
is O-Week = orientation week?

isnt that like.. over already? i only realised today it was over.. and i forgot all about it..

the fuck? it's over already? i was there on monday (at mac) and i didnt see any orientation thing

im talking about the time where you sign up to all these clubs etc... my brother had it for when he went to sydney uni, there was a whole week which he thought was so much fun

illmatic

NaS
HSC
knobblett said:
Yeah that's the 21st of January to the 26th? Look at the green sheet that you got with your whole package! Come on people!

nah i seriously doubt it. that couldnt have been it. btw what package are you talking about?

flamezy

HSC
illmatic said:
nah i seriously doubt it. that couldnt have been it. btw what package are you talking about?
i believe o-week is the first week of the semester and from other sources, they say that there are stands outside SAM which cant be missed.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Orientation Day is when you lot come to meet the mentors, and they explain how shit works.

O-Week is usually the first week of uni. http://www.sam.org.au/ Is the site for the fellas running entertainment at MQ, as you can see its quite empty atm. Does this mean we'll have a shit O-Week? Probably, but we're not like USYD or UNSW who delude their students that "uni is great, its going to be like o-week every day" and then reality sets in. No we have Conception Day :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
come to the mq forum new students! it's quiet in there and you're all freaking out here and most of us don't know so can't help you

CieL said:
how?

mine's all handwritten?
why is it handwritten? you just need to go to this site http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au/index.html then the 2006 grid timetable maker, then print what you get, it's easier than handwriting it

_Bushra_ said:
Asy: The only problem is that I dont really have many breaks between the tutes, lectures and pracs (I have TWO 4 hour pracs for bio and chem, a week!!! *dies*)
You don't need many breaks because otherwise you will spend too long hanging around at uni. You only need breaks if you want to eat.

Tabris said:
Freshmen have to goto uni, the rest enrol online, where we login into our personal macquarie accounts, make a few clicks and after 10 min, we are enrolled.
or 2 weeks

CieL said:
just wondering..

why is that?
I had a look on the timetable maker and the seminar goes for 2 hours, which is the same as the prac would go. It might be best to contact a lecturer but my guess would be that if you're an evening student the 'seminar' is the prac and they will not repeat the lectures at night, you will probably get the day lectures on cd.

asscookie said:
I don't even know whether or not the electives I've chosen are acceptable for a psych degree :confused:
Any electives are acceptable for any degrees, including a psych degree, I remember going over this in another thread

illmatic said:
WTF?

yes

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
iambored said:
why is it handwritten? you just need to go to this site http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au/index.html then the 2006 grid timetable maker, then print what you get, it's easier than handwriting it
oh damn, i didnt know about this link

but i just tried it and it's in such odd colouring i'm getting so confused looking at it..

i think doing it by hand is much more easier?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
if you know a bit of html, make your own table and stick it in :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)