• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who is going to sit UMAT this year? (1 Viewer)

Are you going to sit the UMAT this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Wooz said:
Trip Planner :D http://www.131500.info/realtime/newjourney.asp

Im car pooling to Glebe with my mates from school so we don't have to spend 2 hours on public transport.
I guess I could drive...but im cant drive in the city lol!

Btw, im a black and have hair with lots of little plaits. I tend to stand out in a crowd lol so im sure recognise me! If any of you guys see me, come talk to me!

J

joseph777

to do the umat in year 12 do you have to do chem & bio? Could you do well without doing chem & bio?

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
joseph777 said:
to do the umat in year 12 do you have to do chem & bio? Could you do well without doing chem & bio?
chem and bio??? no way. The umat only tests general knowledge, so there are no subject prerequisites. you need chem to do med, but just your brain for umat.

nick90

HSC
are you able to do undergraduate medicine without doing hsc chemistry?

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
Tiffanys said:
yes chemistry is just recommended, not a prerequisite, for unsw at least.

Do chem though, it'll prepare you for the actual course

nick90

HSC
do u think that u are as likely to be accepted into medicine undergraduate if you have a high uai but didnt do chem or bio in the hsc?

I'm doing chem in year 11 but we have had three different teachers this year and the whole thing is a dog's dinner! If I did chem in year 12, hoping for it to count towards my uai, it would be a big risk. I suppose I could do it as my 11th and 12th units, but it would take up valuable study time.

So how important is chemistry to someone hoping to do undergraduate medicine?

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
nick90 said:
do u think that u are as likely to be accepted into medicine undergraduate if you have a high uai but didnt do chem or bio in the hsc?

I'm doing chem in year 11 but we have had three different teachers this year and the whole thing is a dog's dinner! If I did chem in year 12, hoping for it to count towards my uai, it would be a big risk. I suppose I could do it as my 11th and 12th units, but it would take up valuable study time.

So how important is chemistry to someone hoping to do undergraduate medicine?

It's not essential for some unis, and at those unis it will have no bearing on your selection

However the skills learned strongly contribute to some areas of study in the course. Bio will get you familiar with key terms

Do at least one of Bio, Physics or chem

Highly recommended

EvoLover

HSC
lol i just asked my dad to enroll in med entry tonight when the umat is 13 days away!!!:eek:

F***N PROCRASTINATING!!!!! :burn:.....

so do you guys think its useless to continue on to medentry now? You think it will help me alteast get a 60-70% average or is that too much of ask because of the time?

Oh and by the way i'm completely S**t at the moment, i only did the 2 booklets i got when i was registering for UMAT

lol cant get any sleep right now either

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
EvoLover said:
lol i just asked my dad to enroll in med entry tonight when the umat is 13 days away!!!:eek:

so do you guys think its useless to continue on to medentry now? You think it will help me alteast get a 60-70% average or is that too much of ask because of the time?

Oh and by the way i'm completely S**t at the moment, i only did the 2 booklets i got when i was registering for UMAT

that's crazy but yes YOU MUST CONTINUE AND LEARN AS MUCH AS U CAN ABOUT HOW TO ACE THE UMAT NOW GO STUDY UMAT QUESTIONS www.umattest.com

HSC
EvoLover said:

lmao i enrolled....months ago??? and i onli went to the site like....once [the day b4 the lecture at uts] imma start soon tho........evn tho soon is now!!!!! lmao

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Tiffanys said:
that's crazy but yes YOU MUST CONTINUE AND LEARN AS MUCH AS U CAN ABOUT HOW TO ACE THE UMAT NOW GO STUDY UMAT QUESTIONS www.umattest.com
I thought those tests were actually harder than MedEntry

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
EvoLover said:

it'lll be helpful as long as you can finish all the tests/drills/etc - which is, like, one test per day.... 0.o

and, btw, some people do well at umat regardless of whether they had practise (enrolling in a course, etc), so don't get too panicky. You might be one of the people who don't need any practise at all. :) i wish i was....

ZJ NingNing

HSC
ssejamafone said:
it'lll be helpful as long as you can finish all the tests/drills/etc - which is, like, one test per day.... 0.o

and, btw, some people do well at umat regardless of whether they had practise (enrolling in a course, etc), so don't get too panicky. You might be one of the people who don't need any practise at all. :) i wish i was....
Come on! Ssej! be confident! you will be great! *on MSN now*

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
ZJ NingNing said:
Come on! Ssej! be confident! you will be great! *on MSN now*
believe me, Ningface. I need ALL the practise that i can get....

spam: and i'm actually supposed to be doing a math trial paper now, so it's no msn for me today..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)