• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who is going to sit UMAT this year? (1 Viewer)

Are you going to sit the UMAT this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
yoakim said:
alright about the umat ticket ID Documentation type and #...how do we complete these identification requirements at the bottom of the admission ticket? I COMPLETELY forgot about this. Quick responses would be appreciated! The umat IS tommorrow lol
ID Document type: eg. driver's licence, passport, etc
Document #: eg. licence number on driver's licence, passport number on passport (called 'document no.'), etc.

sorry if im a bit vague... ^^'

Last edited:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
nah, its ok, it helps, they didn;t specify it enough...GOOD LUCK everyone in the UMAT tommorrow.

For those who are stressing, this might help: Treat the UMAT as a challenge and a way to 'show off' your reading and reasoning skills rather than as a determining factor for you to get into medicine.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
yeah ! good luck to all you gusy doing the UMAT tomorrow !! =]
really hope you all do well =D

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
You're all just lucky i'm not doing it. Looks like someone else will have to come first.

Shadowrider

HSC
ssejamafone said:
ID Document type: eg. driver's licence, passport, etc
Document #: eg. licence number on driver's licence, passport number on passport (called 'document no.'), etc.

sorry if im a bit vague... ^^'
what if our ID is a certified letter of identification, what do i put for Document #?

also this might sound like a stupid question but we don't have to wear our school uniforms do we?

ssglain

HSC
Not really sure about the number - I don't think you will have one if it's, say, a letter from your school. Leave it blank and ask the supervisors when you get there, I suppose.

I'm sure you don't need to wear uniform but I'd probably still need to wear uniform seeing as I'm planning to go back to school afterwards. UMAT's not a Year 12 exclusive event. There will be a lot of older people who are already in uni, etc.

See you guys tomorrow morning at Wentworth. Good luck to everyone.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
my friend's also got a letter of identification, but she just left the doc number blank.

as for uniform, i don't think you need to wear it (they would probably specify on the acer website if you did have to), but i will coz i'm goin back to school. :mad1:

Shadowrider

HSC
Mine's in the arvo so no point going back to school for me. I'm at Wentworth, should I walk from Redfern or Central?

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
Shadowrider said:
Mine's in the arvo so no point going back to school for me. I'm at Wentworth, should I walk from Redfern or Central?
Either way, you're dodging bums.

xxJTxx

HSC
I'm at Wentworth too. Yay.

I went to check it on monday night...i still dunno where the entry is, but i figure there should be a lot of people around tmr heh.

dunno if u walk in from the park, or from the 'front' side..

anyway. i agree. treating it as a challenge sounds good to me..i just need to remember not to get bummed on a question and just try and move on tmr..don't want to be in tht position when there is 10 mins remaining and i still have like 15 questions for section one to go lol. this is what happens when u spent consecutive mins on a particular question ;) ACK. im so not looking forward to this atm.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
xxJTxx said:
anyway. i agree. treating it as a challenge sounds good to me..i just need to remember not to get bummed on a question and just try and move on tmr..don't want to be in tht position when there is 10 mins remaining and i still have like 15 questions for section one to go lol. this is what happens when u spent consecutive mins on a particular question ;) ACK. im so not looking forward to this atm.
hahaha agree with you. xD

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
YAYNESS, see u guys there at Wentworth...I've actually never been there but hopefully my map reading skills would have to suffice lol

i'm just going to catch a train to central and then a tram to Wentworth............. so yeah - good luck! [now i have to run off and do some practice questions for the first time; oh my gahhhh!].

cuppy

HSC
N/A
Shadowrider said:
also this might sound like a stupid question but we don't have to wear our school uniforms do we?
dw its not a stupid question i was wondering the same thing last year.

the answer is no, you don't have to wear your uniform but some people do (maybe they have school pride so if you do go ahead!).

good luck to all umat peeps!

xxJTxx

HSC
yah..i was wondering that to, then i realised..its not school based, and other people who aren't school students ca nsit it...then we prob dont have to wear it :)

uhhh yes. im just going to wear something comfortable/flexible/warm...

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Does anyone know how long the test will take? Will there be any breaks in between sections?

If the 'arrival time' on the admission ticket says 8.15, then what approx time will be 'leaving time'????

xxJTxx

HSC
acer website says you can expect to be at the test centre for 4 - 4.5 hrs. so im assuming it will take us no more than one hour and a bit to get registered, then two hours of testing, then paper collection etc then done?

asquith

HSC
who's going to wharf 8 at 1:30 tomorrow? or just going to wharf 8 for that matter? also, are there any suggestions as to where i can find more UMAT practise questions if you dont have the practise books? (and not from those free UMAt trial test sites cause i have been to them all already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)