Who is studying Environmental Science? (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Just out of interest, wanted to make a dedicated Enviro thread...

Is there many people?

What are you planning on doing with your degree? Are you currently working in it?

MongMan

HSC
Environmental Science is generally looked down upon. It's the poor mans science degree.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Environmental Science is generally looked down upon. It's the poor mans science degree.
Ridiculous.

How could this be looked down upon?

Bachelor of Environmental Science - 2010 Course Handbook @ UOW

It's an amalgamation of all the natural sciences along with an in depth area of study (biological/chemical/geographic or geological) plus law/engineering units + honours project.

The employment rate is near 100%.

Green sector jobs are only going to grow; its a great field of work- varied, exciting and lets you get outdoors and enjoy nature.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Ridiculous.

How could this be looked down upon?

Bachelor of Environmental Science - 2010 Course Handbook @ UOW

It's an amalgamation of all the natural sciences along with an in depth area of study (biological/chemical/geographic or geological) plus law/engineering units + honours project.

The employment rate is near 100%.

Green sector jobs are only going to grow; its a great field of work- varied, exciting and lets you get outdoors and enjoy nature.
job market gone be flooded in a few years, from what i've read

the world can only employ so many "consultants", as they all say they want to become

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
job market gone be flooded in a few years, from what i've read

the world can only employ so many "consultants", as they all say they want to become
But meh i mean the same argument can almost be said for all sectors- there is just more and more people going to uni and getting degrees. Law and then accounting were huge rushes, now they're geting flooded. I mean for those who don't want to work in research what markets are left?

I just want to work inside and outside and get payed reasonably for it- ie not a park ranger.

And travel to extreme and remote locations, climb mountains, hike through dense jungle, take refuge in a thermal spring, jump out of helicopters, where a cowboy hat and use a whip, locate rare minerals and lost civilizations etc etc...

Please tell me a job like this awaits (at least partially)

ddtng

HSC
I'm doing it (sort of).

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with it. Job prospects are apparently good, which is the good thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)