Who is the Stolen Generation? (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Andrew Bolt column.

Set lols to maximum.

UnleavenedBread

HSC
If they had just microchipped their children like the council requires it would have been simple to locate them and give them back to their respective relatives.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I don't see an argumentative response yet? I figure it might be kind of hard to prove there was racist intent in taking away the children and not a real need, but I'd still like to know what exactly it is? Guessing since this guy's a lone voice he's wrong.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
worst bit is how many idiots down the bottom agree

Evan11

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Who can name 10 people who have died of starvation? No one? Yay! World hunger has been solved.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
blakegman said:
worst bit is how many idiots down the bottom agree
The worst thing about this thread is how people aren't able to provide any counter-argument to what this guy's saying yet continue to treat it like they know some divine truth. I truly doubt this is all concocted or anything and chances are this is a lone kook, but it'd be nice to know exactly what we're talking about.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think that article has some valid points.

I do think this 'sorry' thing has been blown out of proportion. Hopefully once this inevitable apology happens, everybody can forget about it and move on.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Enteebee said:
The worst thing about this thread is how people aren't able to provide any counter-argument to what this guy's saying yet continue to treat it like they know some divine truth. I truly doubt this is all concocted or anything and chances are this is a lone kook, but it'd be nice to know exactly what we're talking about.
I wrote a massive reply to this post, but BOS ate it and I can't be bothered typing it all out again. Rest assured, however, that one of the examples Bolt cites (about Peter Gunner) is fairly dishonest - he glosses over a lot of complexities in the case - and I'm willing to bet that all the other examples are similarly ambiguous when you examine them.

There's also the point that Bolt ignores all the clear-cut examples of forcible removal in favour of looking at a handful of less clear cases. Here are some examples of forcible removal from the Bringing Them Home report that Bolt could have, but didn't, address:
The circumstances of my being taken, as I recollect, were that I went off to school in the morning and I was sitting in the classroom and there was only one room where all the children were assembled and there was a knock at the door, which the schoolmaster answered. After a conversation he had with somebody at the door, he came to get me. He took me by the hand and took me to the door. I was physically grabbed by a male person at the door, I was taken to a motor bike and held by the officer and driven to the airstrip and flown off the Island. I was taken from Cape Barren in October 1959 [aged12].

I had no knowledge [I was going to be taken]. I was not even able to see my grandmother [and I had] just the clothes I had on my back, such as they were. I never saw mum again.
My grandmother, Rebecca, was born around 1890. She lived with her tribal people, parents and relations around the Kempsey area. Rebecca was the youngest of a big family. One day some religious people came, they thought she was a pretty little girl. She was a full blood aborigine about five years old. Anyway those people took her to live with them.

Rebecca could not have been looked after too well. At the age of fourteen she gave birth to my mother Grace and later on Esther, Violet and May. She married my grandfather Laurie and at the age of twenty-three she died from TB.

Grandfather took the four girls to live with their Aunty and Uncle on their mother's side. Grandfather worked and supported the four girls.

Mum said in those days the aboriginals did not drink. She often recalled going to the river and her Uncle spearing fish and diving for cobbler. Mum had eaten kangaroo, koala bear, turtles and porcupine. She knew which berries were edible, we were shown by her how to dig for yams and how to find witchetty grubs. My mother also spoke in several aboriginal languages she knew as a small girl. The aboriginals had very strict laws and were decent people. They were kind and had respectable morals. Even though the girls fretted for their mother they felt secure with their own people.

Years later Grandfather told my mother a policeman came to his work with papers to sign. The girls were to be placed in Cootamundra Home where they would be trained to get a job when they grew up. If grandfather didn't sign the papers he would go to jail and never come out, this was around 1915.

My grandfather was told he was to take the four girls by boat to Sydney. The girls just cried and cried and the relations were wailing just like they did when Granny Rebecca had died.

In Sydney my mother and Esther were sent by coach to Cootamundra. Violet and May were sent to the babies' home at Rockdale. Grace and Esther never saw their sister Violet again. She died at Waterfall Hospital within two years from TB.

My mother was to wait twenty years before she was to see her baby sister May again.
My parents were CD and MP, both `half-caste' Aborigines. I was one of seven children, our family lived in the sandhills at the back of the Geraldton Hospital. There was a lot of families living there happy and harmonious. It was like we were all part of one big happy family.

In 1949 the Protector of Aborigines with the Native Welfare Department visited the sandhill camps. All the families living there were to be moved to other campsites or to the Moore River Aboriginal Settlement. Because my parents were fair in complexion, the authorities decided us kids could pass as whitefellas. I was four years old and that was the last time I was to see my parents again.

While I was in first year high school I was sent out to work on a farm as a domestic. ... I was raped, bashed and slashed with a razor blade on both of my arms and legs because I would not stop struggling and screaming. The farmer and one of his workers raped me several times.

After several weeks of being kept away from everyone I was examined by a doctor who told the Matron I was pregnant. ... My daughter was born [in 1962] at King Edward Memorial Hospital. I was so happy, I had a beautiful baby girl of my own who I could love and cherish and have with me always.

But my dreams were soon crushed: the bastards took her from me and said she would be fostered out until I was old enough to look after her. They said when I left Sister Kate's I could have my baby back. I couldn't believe what was happening. My baby was taken away from me just as I was from my mother.

Once again I approached the Matron asking for the Address of my family and address of the foster family who had my daughter. She said that it was Government Policy not to give information about family and she could not help me. I then asked again about my baby girl and was told she did not know her whereabouts. In desperation I rang the King Edward Memorial Hospital. They said there was no record of me ever giving birth or of my daughter Toni. Then I wrote to the Native Welfare Department only to be told the same thing and that there were no records of the D. family because all records were destroyed by fire. ... So in 1972 I returned to Western Australia and again searched for my family and child. I returned to see the Matron from Sister Kate's. This time she told me that my daughter was dead and it would be in my best interest to go back to South Australia and forget about my past and my family.
That woman was reunited with her daughter in 1996, when the daughter was 34.

There are plenty more if you do even rudimentary research, but clearly Andrew Bolt doesn't believe in that.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Triangulum said:
I wrote a massive reply to this post, but BOS ate it and I can't be bothered typing it all out again. Rest assured, however, that one of the examples Bolt cites (about Peter Gunner) is fairly dishonest - he glosses over a lot of complexities in the case - and I'm willing to bet that all the other examples are similarly ambiguous when you examine them.
Complexities? More like legal jargon to make yourselves look more important than you are. At the end of the day there were no children 'stolen' for racist reasons, they were saved from poverty & abuse

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Optophobia hides behind "leftist" and "caring for Aboriginals" when really he is a racist and wants all all Aboriginals dead.

UnleavenedBread

HSC
jb_nc said:
Optophobia hides behind "leftist" and "caring for Aboriginals" when really he is a racist and wants all all Aboriginals dead.
It's true. Now he's attacking Muslims.
What a racist and prejudice bastard. Get over yourself and stop trying to hide behind the shroud of political correctness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)