• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who Is Your Music Hero? Aspire To? Admire To? (1 Viewer)

Lorie

HSC
Dave Grohl - rock god. Drums, vocals, guitar bass he does it all. He has played in so many influencial bands, foos, queens, nirvana, scream.

Fat Mike - helped bring up the music of punk into a recoginsed style of music. Bass player and lead singer for NOFX which has been going strong for nearly 30 years. And also started me first and the gimmie gimmies, quality punk covers.

Eddie Vender - pearl Jam have risen to the status of gods, yet this man remians humble and too his roots. They continually look to better there music and get new sounds.

Warren Fitzgerald - Watch a vandals show and u will no what i mean. And a mad guitarist.

Josh Homme - Queens of the stoneage have seem to done alot and he has been the for front of it. HIs lyrics and guitar solos are weird yet seem to have that pull that makes u listen. Very influencial.

Trent Renzor - one man band. Does everything.

others - Brett Gurewitz, bono, Chris Cheney, Angus young, John Feldman, all the beatles, Bob Dylan, Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell

tranquil

INTP 5w4 sp/so/sx.
HSC
Guitarist ... Stevie Ray Vaughan
Vocalist ... Naotaro Moriyama
Songwriter ... Elliott Smith.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
wow its amazing what awesome threads you can find if you look hard. ok here goes!

Charlie Parker- Freak, one of the greatest jazz players and minds ever.. totally turned around jazz in the 40's.. my idol...
Cannonball Adderly this guy is amazing, like Charlie Parker but better!!
Hans Zimmer like ur_inner_child I LOVE hans zimmer, hes amazing and my composer model for ext music, got Last Samurai and Gladiator by him, some of my most played cds...
Dave Brubeck this guy has amazing talent, and the sax player in his quartet Paul Desmond as well. both champs.. bit of Triva, it was actually Paul Desmond who composed Take 5 not Dave Brubeck.. for those of you who know what take 5 is... :)
Duke Ellington i wish i could even have a snippet of the Jazz ideas that this guy had. wow, amazing stuf
Frank Sinatra Damn i wish i could sing!! :D

I think thats about it for the moment...

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Eminem - Doesnt back down and always speaks his mind

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Schubert. Who can go past a 5 ft tall immensely obese composer with venereal disease??

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
John Petrucci and Kirk Hammett are my guitar heroes. I think they're just extraordinary guitarists, and especially Petrucci; his work with Dream Theater is bloody awesome. I really want to be able to perform solos pretty well so I always aspire to play like those guitarists.

HSC
you should have kept up with flamenco.
it has far more feeling and dexterity in any given peice than you will find in some gay shredmetal solo.

pristine

HSC
davegrohl - drumming
jimi hendrix- guitaring
daniel johns [silverchair]- male lead singer
ella hooper [killing heidi] - female lead singer
bright eyes - band.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Victor Wooten - A truly musical bass player.

Bootsy Collins - He must have been born with the Funk in him.

The Beatles - Amazing chemistry which produced an awesome array of music.

Steve Earl - Great songwriter.

Beethoven - Musical genius.

Stevie Wonder - Great singer. Creates some infectious grooves.

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
you should have kept up with flamenco.
it has far more feeling and dexterity in any given peice than you will find in some gay shredmetal solo.
Infidel! Just listen to the solo in As I Am by DT - pure bliss. Flamenco sounds exotic but it doesn't get me going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)