who liked the "naughties" better than 2010 in music so far? (1 Viewer)

Kelly47

HSC
I like the 90s/some of the 'naughties'.
2010 is just one year. Not even. So it can't compare very well.

jackydoll

HSC
There hasn't been any new genres or musical revolutions...yet. There hasn't been anything musically significant to compare it with the 90s and 00s. And it's just the turn of the decade so...it's pointless.

Arctopus

HSC
There hasn't been any new genres or musical revolutions...yet. There hasn't been anything musically significant to compare it with the 90s and 00s. And it's just the turn of the decade so...it's pointless.
As far as you know.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Purely based on mainstream radio, TBH compared to the stuff be churned out in the mid-late naughties, I haven't minded some of the releases for 2010. Although none would be near my top songs, I don't mind when they're playing:

In 2010 (or late 09):
Replay - Iyaz
Memories - David Guetta
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z
Fireflies - Owl City
You've Got The Love - Florence + The Machine
Hey Soul Sister - Train

Sure, there's been some crap that has come out of the last 7 months, but overall, I think it's done alright.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
According to wikipedia 'chillwave' was defined on July 27 2009 but that's 2010 financially so like that counts as 2010 right I'm pretty sure yeah chillwave is pretty cool does anyone else like it

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
chillwave is pretty cool does anyone else like it
The only Chillwave band I've heard is Washed Out. But yes, based on that, I like it.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
'before today' is probably ariel pink's haunted graffiti's (that's awkward) best album and one of the better things i've heard this year...

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
Chillwave is quite boring and unimaginative for the most part. It's either that or I haven't found anything which clicks yet.

Wahey. Chillwave was invented on my birthday.

HSC
Uni Grad
what the fuck is chillwave

stop making up useless genres you elitist cunts

Arctopus

HSC
PLEASE REGARD MY POST, LOOK HOW SMART I AM. SO PROFOUND AND LOGICAL. I DON'T LET GENRE JARGON GET IN THE WAY OF FINDING SOLACE IN MUSIC BECAUSE IT'S ALL MUSIC, THERE'S NO REASON TO CATEGORISE IT. JUST LET IT BE FREE MAN. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO NARROW A CERTAIN SOUND DOWN BY CALLING IT A CERTAIN NAME? STUPID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)