• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who likes Jeff Buckley? (1 Viewer)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
my next album is definitly going to be Live at Sin-e. As I said before, if you can get the book 'Dream Brother' its a good read. I have only truly had an EXPERIENCE listening for the first time to an album on 2 occasions, Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon, and Jeff Buckley Grace........brilliant
mmm, i'll definitely have to get that book. there's also a pictorial book thing about jeff with heaps of cool pictures and some other people talking about him. i was actually looking for a jeff buckley calendar but couldn't find any (not even on the net) so i had to settle with james dean...
mmm, i remember when i heard grace for the first time... it was on a school music camp and ahhh, i spent the whole time listening to it over and over again...ahhh, the ultimate album i love jeff

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Ok so what are your favourite songs by jeff? My faves are "Morning Theft" and "grace" naturally :D

0Jade0

HSC
I listen to the Grace Legacy edition over and over.... I'm kinda addicted

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
lover you should've come over and eternal life (from grace only) ummm, i'll have to think about the rest, but gunshot glitter and vancouver i know already from sketches, oh and everybody here wants you....ahhhh, too many

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
oooh, demon john as well. there is this one point in the song, ahhh so climactic (sp?) the part where he's kinda speaking not really singing...ahhh!! so much emotion, tension!!! thats what i love about jeff!!!! pure emotion

astro

HSC
Jeff Buckley's excellent....
favourite song - eternal life (grace)
anyone read his biography?

Ellie-Bee

HSC
i love him.

best songs = eternal life, last goodbye and lover, you should have come over. (last goodbye made me cry the first time i heard it. jeff buckley has an insanely awesome voice!) :uhhuh:

_Amie_

HSC
*sigh* I love him...such a pity he died, he could have done so many awesome things. But 'Lover, you should have come over', sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it. There is no-one better. 'Sketches for my sweetheart the drunk' is an incredible album too. I could go on, but words are somehow insufficient.

_Amie_

HSC
Do yourself a favour and listen to him at least once. It's pretty incredible, not for everyone though.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
_Amie_ said:
Do yourself a favour and listen to him at least once. It's pretty incredible, not for everyone though.
Still doesnt answer my question

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
singer/songwriter who drowned in uhh, 95 i think?

i love love love my live in chicago dvd, all the songs are good of their own accord but watching it from beginning to end is incredible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)