• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who likes Jeff Buckley? (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Yeah but how am i meant to find it if i dont know what genre its under

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Well, its not like Im gonna say anything new, but guess what? I also love Jeff! Hehe, I remember I read Dream Brother in one night - i just couldnt put it down! And 'A Wished For Song' is such a beautiful book. They are seriously worth buying... So much Jeff love.... I cant stop listening to Everybody Here Wants You and Forget Her at the moment.... Oh! and the jjj live at the wireless thing was heaps good too!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i see we've returned to this brilliant thread...mmm jeff, so good. he is my staple artist, i have never un-loved jeff!!! my fav song at the mo is 'i know we could be so happy baby...." ahh soo good. also so good because there's not much instrumentation supporting him so its alot of jeff with light accomp. its great. but i also love the instrumentation when its there. his variety in style is so diverse that i need no other to satisfy my musical desires...in a nutshell...it's JEFF!!! i'm just sad to think of his potential...imagine what he couldve done!!! he only released ONE album...sure there's sketches and others like live at sin-e and mystery white boy tour, but with jeff being as big a perfectionist as he was, i doubt he'd be satisfied with what was released after he died...his mother annoys me too

in closing - I LOVE JEFF

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
didn't he sing that song called how bizarre? that "stole my car" remix he did was genius too

meu

HSC
He was awsome, still is. Timeless music. Very much adored for ever.

slip

HSC
i got grace the other day. it really is great. dont mean to rub the wound here, but is it generally excepted jeff's death was suicide?

cause i know he was drunk and went swiming but its claimed he was depressed and basically his intent when going for the swim was to drown himself....

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i haven't accepted it, its a theory - yes, but know one knows really. i like to believe that jeff loved life and things were going good for him, but i guess we'll never know - i dont know about other jeff fans, but i dont believe it was suicide, you can't really drown yourself anyway unless u had a lead anchor tied to you, but i think his friend would have noticed that...

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
i reckon he did it to get away from the limelight....my sister reckons he is still alive and recording...i dont know. I know for a fact that he hated all the stigma attached to being a star....whether he hated it enough to kill himself is another story.
He recorded "satisfied mind" 2 days before he died tho, and if u look at the lyrics, it kinda seems like a goodbye kinda song....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)