who plays guitar here (1 Viewer)

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
go to billy hydes/allans or whatever and try out their super budget shit, the brand isn't gonna matter since they'll all play like shit, build quality and ergonomics are the biggest factors IMO.

44Ronin

HSC
Good and cheap........two words that don't fit together.

It's cheaper to buy a decent accoustic than a decent electric IMO.

I wouldn't even touch an electric that was under $800.......and then you have to buy an amp.......and fiddle around for good tone...

A fender CD-60 accoustic would be ideal....spruce top, mahogany back and sides.

They only cost about $300......comes in black, sunburst and natural. They sound and play great.

I think you should start on accoustic...

You could learn 2 chord songs, like this......

YouTube - Horse with no name

Last edited:
HSC
maybe go for a fender squier or some shit, they're like .. the k-mart of fender but you can pick one up for like $300-ish and it'll sound decent (not great, but better than the really cheap beginner shit which will sound cunted no matter how you play)

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
Good and cheap........two words that don't fit together.

It's cheaper to buy a decent accoustic than a decent electric IMO.

I wouldn't even touch an electric that was under $800.......and then you have to buy an amp.......and fiddle around for good tone...

A fender CD-60 accoustic would be ideal....spruce top, mahogany back and sides.

They only cost about $300......comes in black, sunburst and natural. They sound and play great.

http://www.fender.com/products/prod_images/acoustics/0960600232_md.png

I think you should start on accoustic...

You could learn 2 chord songs, like this......

YouTube - Horse with no name

Or 4 chord songs

G D Em C :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Take into account what style you'll be playing and choose the guitar accordingly.

Getting an electric is useless if you're going to play mostly acoustic songs, and don't have room for an amp setup + cords. If you're a newbie, get an acoustic or a classical guitar, it'll have the added benefit of building your hand muscles up so when you finally get on an electric, playing will be easier.

As for brands:

Classical - Valencias are good for beginners and for just playing around on, I bought one for <$100 and love it as something I can just pick up and kick a few chords out on.

Acoustic - Ashtons or the Fender the poster above posted aren't too shabby. Make sure to play it in store and see if you're getting any fret buzz though.

Electric - Yamaha, Ibanez, Ashton all make fairly decent entry level guitars, but as the other poster said, you'll have to factor in the amp + guitar cost, no point getting a shit guitar and an awesome amp and vice versa because you won't get to fully appreciate either.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It your looking for a good cheap acoustic, go to an ALDI supermarket. They sometimes stock a brand called livingstone, which will cost you $80 with a case, 6 picks, and a stand. I've had mine for ovver a year, and its better than some $300-$400 guitars that I've played.

trickx

HSC
I broke my g string while fingering a minor.

I'm going to need a new guitar soon.

dp624

HSC
used to play a few years ago, self taught.
gave it up because it was taking up so much time though

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
i need to restring my acoustic and both my electrics, currently my crapper electric guitar is turned to standard c has been for a while, im just too lazy to restring them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)