Who thinks they are going to get 99.95 ATAR this year? (1 Viewer)

lynton

HSC
he does maths 24/7

"ohh yeh i come over here from china and top 4 unit maths" (asian accent)
LMAO! Im guessing your not asian. We only have 2 asian kids at our school and they are the smartest? Why is that? I wish i had their brains.

cwalker

HSC
sinophile2 you think you're funny by fucking saying that??
you fucking ram your shit cock up your male teachers' ass to get better marks you ignorant and faggot dipshit fuck

cwalker

HSC
00iCon what the fuck is 99.96?
some fucking shit you pulled out of your fucking ass faggot?
bribing the fucking board?
you think you can fucking do everything with your fucking money?
rich spoiled fuckface

cwalker

HSC
addikaye03 what the fuck was the point of the fucking links??
so you can fucking show off other people's profiles???
you fucking sad dipshit
you fucking eat your dads hairy shithole cock all day
because you are a worthless faggot

cwalker

HSC
sen lin had a bos acc
but he did not fucking need it
insignificant shit

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Mate, I don't do Physics, I do 4U Maths and Chem, however my Maths and Chem are my lowest subjects. Instead, my high subjects are Modern History (97.4% RAW), Economics (98% raw), 2U English (95% raw) and 3U english (94% raw). 93 aligned suddenly doesn't seem so hard does it mate? And the range of subjects at my school is surprisingly diverse, I know a guy that does no maths no science and is about 30th in the grade. It's been done.

I understand that, but do realise that most kids in this range don't do 3-4 hours of solid work a night.

I wouldn't say all. And JR kids are very very very motivated. There are many reasons but all of us have a large drive (in my case it's a sex drive). And heaps of other schools have tutoring and coaching amongst their students. If you find tutoring unfair, get one yourself. You're just butthurt. No JR kid is programmed, they're often well rounded individuals.

QFT.
And I'll bet that he does 4unit english and probably history extension? See, the point that I made also encompassed NO EXTENSIONS, as well as no maths and science.

As well, I am sorry to say, but JR kids are NOT well-rounded generally. All they are often involved in is the world of academics, and lack participation in other activities that are designed to enrich them in a way memorising an entire textbook of information or going to a coaching school/having a tutor will not.

And no, I won't get a tutor myself, though my point still stands - I strongly believe that tutors are unfair, and that is the reason JR kids do so well. Tell me this - how can an ASIAN student (no offence intended to asian students) do amazingly well in english when their parents don't speak a word of english - clearly, it is through having a tutor to either do the essays for them to add that level of sophistication required OR they do an essay and get their tutor to refine it until it is at a point of almost perfection.

And if it isn't 100% of JR kids that get tutoring, it's 99% - that is a fact, because I have many friends that are at JR (I'm at a selective school myself) or that have recently graduated from JR, and 100% of these kids have expressed how their respective cohorts are strung with virtually everyone having some form of coaching/tutoring to gain an "advantage" over not just their peers, but other students in the state collectively.

Finally, that point about outlawing tutor is something that should be considered, definitely. I strongly believe that if this was the case, JR students would NOT be at the top of the state because they would no longer be able to rely on tutors/coaching schools to pull them through/give them that extra drive and motivation/refine their work/give them extra resources, and so the new wave of independence would make them suffer academically.

I don't want to sound ignorant or anything, but I am definitely very passionate about this issue, and hate the idea of coaching and tutoring schools. I'm a non-believer, always have been and always will be.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
And I'll bet that he does 4unit english and probably history extension? See, the point that I made also encompassed NO EXTENSIONS, as well as no maths and science.

As well, I am sorry to say, but JR kids are NOT well-rounded generally. All they are often involved in is the world of academics, and lack participation in other activities that are designed to enrich them in a way memorising an entire textbook of information or going to a coaching school/having a tutor will not.

And no, I won't get a tutor myself, though my point still stands - I strongly believe that tutors are unfair, and that is the reason JR kids do so well. Tell me this - how can an ASIAN student (no offence intended to asian students) do amazingly well in english when their parents don't speak a word of english - clearly, it is through having a tutor to either do the essays for them to add that level of sophistication required OR they do an essay and get their tutor to refine it until it is at a point of almost perfection.

And if it isn't 100% of JR kids that get tutoring, it's 99% - that is a fact, because I have many friends that are at JR (I'm at a selective school myself) or that have recently graduated from JR, and 100% of these kids have expressed how their respective cohorts are strung with virtually everyone having some form of coaching/tutoring to gain an "advantage" over not just their peers, but other students in the state collectively.

Finally, that point about outlawing tutor is something that should be considered, definitely. I strongly believe that if this was the case, JR students would NOT be at the top of the state because they would no longer be able to rely on tutors/coaching schools to pull them through/give them that extra drive and motivation/refine their work/give them extra resources, and so the new wave of independence would make them suffer academically.

I don't want to sound ignorant or anything, but I am definitely very passionate about this issue, and hate the idea of coaching and tutoring schools. I'm a non-believer, always have been and always will be.
You cannot seriously be that retarded.
HSC exists predominantly for one reason: to get the marks you require to get into university. Why should people be denied help with this because of your clearly mis-informed views? I have never got tutoring, i can't afford it and i don't think i will ever really need it, but that doesn't mean others should not be able to exploit every avenue possible to receive the ATAR for their course cutoff. To be honest you don't come off as someone who is passionate about this because you think its morally wrong, you come off as someone who hates the fact that people do better than you because you can be fucked to put in the hard work (my god, ASIAN people at that! what a travesty! Because it's a crazy idea that ASIAN kids can speak english right??).

Last edited:

Ksubi

HSC
im going to get a 70.00
if i get any higher ill be angry, any lower ill be pissed

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

LOL, an unsupported assumption.
Not necessarily, that is only a possibility.

It's so much easier to learn English in Aust than in non-English speaking countries for obvious reasons.

I'm going to make a statement similar to the one you made above.
No offence to you but you never tried as hard, I guess, because you did not have much driving force that allows you to do so. I wouldn't study my first language as hard when I'm in a country where everyone speaks it.

dp624

HSC

I should say hi to you some time :). I protest that definition of me :p and people have considered me to be pretty 'ruse-like' in the past

Hahahaha. Are you asian? My tutor didn't even touch my essays at all. I like to think that my english skills are pretty cool.

You amuse me. Obviously that's an exaggeration. Give me, oh, about 20 seconds, and I should be able to name a whole lot of people who didn't get tutored in my own grade.

The students themselves are the main drivers, as I said. Ruse is only top of the state for a few reasons
a) It has the rep as the best in state, hence the people it takes in are already pretty awesome
b) Since everyone's pretty awesome and they know there's a rep to maintain - they work harder, they motivate each other. When you see a couple of friends studying, you generally will feel the need to study as well. And when you study, your friends will study. And so on and so forth - positive feedback. There's also a pretty big atmosphere of competition so people try hard.

Ruse people do pretty well at uni as well. There aren't really tutors or even teachers you can rely on that much. So... hum, you do rather amuse me.

I don't think you sound ignorant... just misinformed. The option of tutoring is open to everyone, after all. It's not just Ruse.

jet

Banned
HSC

How oblivious are you???
Being a selective schools kid yourself, you should know that they do a test, just like you, to test their abilities before being accepted. If I remember correctly, the entrance standard for that school corresponds to an IQ of ~ 145. That must have some contributing factor to the success of the school.
And it seems like you don't realise that a person born in Australia will obviously have a better command of the English language than a person living in a non-English speaking country.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

Go have a cry please.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Seriously, stop complaining because you are jealous of JR's academic ability. Knowing people who go to JR I can say that quite a few are actually well-rounded individuals, they are not all dorky, midget nerds. Furthermore, about tutoring, wth? Good on those kids for getting tutoring, it shows they have an interest in academic success and should be thusly rewarded. They put inthe effort and reap the rewards. It's fair so stop whinging. After all, tutoring is available to the majority of people in some way, shape or form, so there is no bias towards JR students.

HSC
How oblivious are you???
Being a selective schools kid yourself, you should know that they do a test, just like you, to test their abilities before being accepted. If I remember correctly, the entrance standard for that school corresponds to an IQ of ~ 145. That must have some contributing factor to the success of the school.
And it seems like you don't realise that a person born in Australia will obviously have a better command of the English language than a person living in a non-English speaking country.
+1
exactly, so stop your whining.

HSC
How oblivious are you???
dont forget there are alot of people that choose not to go to selective schools that may be just as intelligent. and also travelling distance. thats why i didnt go.

im not disagreeing with your point, just saying...

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
im quite sure i will be getting at LEAST 99 for my ATAR. possibly even 99.95

if i dont i think i'll just commit suicide. No point in living anymore if i dont get above 99.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)