Who thinks they will use RET (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Now that we have our UAI, who is relying on RET to get into uni?

My RET results let me do basically anything at UWS, but my UAI should get me into sydney, so I don't plan on using it...

What are all your plans?

tennille

HSC
I don't think I need mine. UWS is my last choice, and I received a UAI above all the UAI cut-offs for my uni preferences, except my first choice.

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
i dunno, its possible. my uai was a bit lower than i thought, so have to reconsider a couple of things. i may end up on relying on it.

S

Shuter

I was stupid and didn't sit RET, but now it would have been useful for safety because I only ended up with 86.90 as my UAI.

Skeeta

HSC
i wont be using mine.. my UAI is higher than my RET score.. 86.70 to 84

but UWS has cancelled or changed alot of the courses i want to do so i probably will not end up goin there anyway

HaTn\'SkOoL

?

How does the whole RET business work anyway? Coz i knw that I sat for it but every1 keeps sayn different things bout how to use it.. Does it have to be higher than ur UAI to be used?

= Jennifer =

HSC
Hebz said:
How does the whole RET business work anyway? Coz i knw that I sat for it but every1 keeps sayn different things bout how to use it.. Does it have to be higher than ur UAI to be used?
Yes it does have to be higher than your uai to be used

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If I ever decided to go to UWS, I wouldn't need a UAI booster to reach their cutoffs...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the answer was not answered sufficiently. what exactly is a RET. like seriously, let the class of 2005 be informed. :D

mishka

HSC
N/A
RET is Regional Entry Test. you have to fall under a certain postcode. it allows you to have a backup in the case that your UAI is not high enough for the uws course you want to get into.

i had done RET as backup for my 2nd preference, but they cancelled it and my uai was higher than my first preference's cut off (for last year) anyway. :) i hope i don't go and jinx myself now...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i just wanna get into uni. so i guess RET will become a priority next year. i guess people in the st george area are the catchment fo UWS.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
natstar said:
Yes u would, when cutoffs are jumping up every year by heaps
The highest cutoff I can find is 97.00, and it's pretty rare for cutoffs to rise by 1.1+ UAI points.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
not really.. cutoffs go up by that much a fair bit
Not when they're in the high 90s, as it would mean a huge rise in demand for that course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)