• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

who thinks they'll get 50? (2 Viewers)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
we are soo off the topic.....lol
I'm going to get 50/50

...then I'll wake up :D

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
we should stalk all of last years 50/50 people, and find out how confident they were b4 they submitted their works... :)

is a roflcopter
HSC
I HATE YOU ALL
I HATE THE UBER SCALING OF 4U ENGLISH :(

:evilwhip: :ninja:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well.... you can see that this major work/trials/HSC thing is starting to mess with people's minds lol!!

*goes back and reads posts from earlier in the year*

Ok, we were still messed then, carry on!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
technically i couldn't get 50 as my internal assessment mark isn't 50. so no, i dont think i will get 50. it would be pretty presumptous for anyone to assume that they will get 50 at this stage- english is so unpredictably subjective, you never know if a marker is simply going to hate what you're doing or not.

Huy

HSC
N/A
nope :(

I'm sitting on 17/20
I've got another viva voce coming up, so that'll be about 25/30

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I would have gotten as my raw internal mark (before the board of studies screws around with it!) .....

47.5 / 50

COOL!!!! I just calculated it then, based on my marks and the weightings for each assessment!!

But then my school's mild crappiness will result in that ending up as a mark like 22 or something lol.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'm 2nd!!! :D (It's a good rank, but you've got to remember the tight candidature)

...hopefully I can maintain it.
I'm about 2 marks off 1st place, and I'm not sure how much I'm beating 3rd place by, but it'll be a good 3-4 marks in front.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
lol..well done huy...*thumbs up*...;)
Thank you ;) :D

I better not have spoken too soon,
We have our second Viva Voce's coming up (worth 20%)
and after that, our major works are due (40%).

I've done about 10-15% of the entire major work,
and I'm not too worried about time constraints because I work better under pressure and knowing that "this is due tomorrow" :)

Here's to Extension 2! :)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i am ranked first in my group, but my internal mark is only 45 or 46. our teacher is a very tough marker; sort of good and bad simultaneously, cos while it is awesome to have someone who marks realistically and doesnt give you a false sense of confidence, it's also bad cos she was very critical and formal with marking viva's, which i believe dragged us all down by a few more marks than was necassary.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
that's true to a certain degree, but your internal mark does still count. i PM'd lazarus about this ages ago, and he will explain it much better than i can:

Lazarus wrote on July 10th, 2003 01:15 PM:
Bits and pieces of what you said is correct.

Your internal marks are sent to the Board. The purpose of your internal mark is to demonstrate your level of performance in comparison with the rest of your class - i.e. your ranking and the relative differences between you and the other students.

As different teachers in different schools have different styles of marking, internal marks need to be 'moderated' to ensure that no student is advantaged or disadvantaged. The moderating process assigns students a new assessment mark based on their relative internal position (as shown by the internal marks) and based on the performance of the class as a whole on the HSC exam. In the case of Extension 2, the exam is the major work.

Your rank is never irrelevant. There are a number of threads in the UAI/HSC Marks forum that explain the moderating process in detail.

As you are ranked first, your moderated assessment mark will be set equal to the top major work mark for your class (regardless of who achieves it). Your exam mark will be the mark you receive for your major work. Your HSC mark will be the average of those two marks, and will determine the band you fall into.

I hope that's made things a little clearer for you; feel free to send another message if not.

Best of luck,

James.
my understanding was therefore that your overall extension two mark will be (if you are ranked first) the averaged amount of the top major work mark and the top internal assessment mark
thus, in my group, even if someone got 50 for their MW the top mark for extension 2 would only be 47, because the top internal mark is 45. i might have read it totally wrong- correct me if i am, all this internal/external crap confuses me to no end

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm 1st. Yay!! Out of 5 people in my class. (Thank God there is no trial in extension 2 for me to screw up my rank with, like I am with all my other subjects :( )

Last edited:

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I'm 1st. Yay!! Out of 5 people in my class. (Thank God there is no trial in extension 2 for me to screw up my rank with, like I am with all my other subjects :( )
THAT IS SO ME!!!

i was first in ALL my other subjects, apart from ancient history where i was second, (mind yuo thats not easy in a year group of 550) and now ALL MY RANKINGS HAVE GONE TO HELL because i had no time/motivation to do a lot of work in the lead up to trials... fucking hell :( it sucks when you maintain those rankings all year and then lose them in the very last assessment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)