Who thinks they've chosen the WRONG SUBJECT? (1 Viewer)

Oobadoo

HSC
Hey. Just wondering who else feels they've stuffed up in subject choices? I really think now (when it's too frikin late!!!) that I really shouldn't have chosen Art. My class is full of mongs and people who are crap at art, and I'm beginning to realise how EXTREMELY HARD it will be to get a good mark. If I had a time machine I'd so go back and drop art and pick up Eco and Engineering Studies.

Anyone else???

(btw, has anyone in the hsc or above picked up new subjects soo hideously late in their Prelim.?) :D

muzeikchun852

HSC
economics. assumed that eco is similar with commerce in year 10, but it wasnt.

Lauchlan

HSC
Hey. Just wondering who else feels they've stuffed up in subject choices? I really think now (when it's too frikin late!!!) that I really shouldn't have chosen Art. My class is full of mongs and people who are crap at art, and I'm beginning to realise how EXTREMELY HARD it will be to get a good mark. If I had a time machine I'd so go back and drop art and pick up Eco and Engineering Studies.

Anyone else???

(btw, has anyone in the hsc or above picked up new subjects soo hideously late in their Prelim.?) :D
basically all creative art HSC subjects are like that.

stevey6404

HSC
Took up Software Design and Development and it's fricken confusing! I'm like counting every second for the class to end! should've picked up chemistry or bio instead. So much easier and understable! But since my SDD teacher was nice to me (cause he taught me IST last year) I decided to stay, hoping to see some good results....

Oobadoo

HSC
basically all creative art HSC subjects are like that.
Mmmm, apart from maybe Music 2, though I guess it's theory. I really wish there was a Visual Arts 2 that would be harder than an Art 1, like the Musics, so that you could at least do Art and not be either obliterated by the scalling or driven to dispair by a shitty cohort.

Lauchlan

HSC
mmmm, apart from maybe music 2, though i guess it's theory. I really wish there was a visual arts 2 that would be harder than an art 1, like the musics, so that you could at least do art and not be either obliterated by the scalling or driven to dispair by a shitty cohort.
+1

octopie

HSC
You should get rid of VA in year 12 and not worry about prelim marks so much, since they don't count

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Took up Software Design and Development and it's fricken confusing! I'm like counting every second for the class to end! should've picked up chemistry or bio instead. So much easier and understable! But since my SDD teacher was nice to me (cause he taught me IST last year) I decided to stay, hoping to see some good results....
Ugh, I did SDD for about a month at the start of the year. I thought it would be programming but it was all "Team Management" and "Ergonomics in the work area". So glad I got out of it when I did.

HSC
Uni Grad
shoulda chose chinese continuers over physics...
coulda aced chinese continuers and not have to worry so much about getting shitty marks..
gahhhh im failing physics; like my marks are under 50% >_<

benchwarmer17

HSC
YES!!!!! biology, business studies and ancient history. but there was no other suitable options for me :(

P

pinkcupcakes

welllllll, in my case ;
i recently picked up maths ext 1 whilst dropping business studies.
making my nearly 1.5terms ?
behind.

ps im in prelim :)

Oobadoo

HSC
shoulda chose chinese continuers over physics...
coulda aced chinese continuers and not have to worry so much about getting shitty marks..
gahhhh im failing physics; like my marks are under 50% >_<
Damn. I'm with you in hoping to do Maths Ext 2. I'm looking at it as my saviour in terms of ATAR and the hsc in general. Go extensions! :D

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn. I'm with you in hoping to do Maths Ext 2. I'm looking at it as my saviour in terms of ATAR and the hsc in general. Go extensions! :D
haha as well as music and history extensions xD
i swear ext 2 maths is gonna be hard though...

Oobadoo

HSC
haha as well as music and history extensions xD
i swear ext 2 maths is gonna be hard though...
Maths Extension 2? Hard?! How ridiculous :D

I know, it'll probably be pretty darn nasty. :uhoh:

HSC
Uni Grad
Maths Extension 2? Hard?! How ridiculous :D

I know, it'll probably be pretty darn nasty. :uhoh:
first topic -> complex numbers (easiest topic there)

after that it gets even harder... harder 3U (not taught to you, so you gotta learn urself), conics, mechanics and all of that harder stuff

and that's what's gonna be real maths. I'll be looking forward to it :p

Oobadoo

HSC
first topic -> complex numbers (easiest topic there)

after that it gets even harder... harder 3U (not taught to you, so you gotta learn urself), conics, mechanics and all of that harder stuff...
Nice. It's so reasuring that the scaling is absolutely awesome! I mean, 3U is pretty great, but 4U is just incredible. But I guess the scaling only really kicks in under 85 or 90. But still...

A friend of mine's cousine, who got around 97 ATAR, aparently only started passing the 4U tests by her trials! How weird is that. She ended up acing it; so I reckon I'll stick through at least past the half-yearlies even if I am dying, if I do it (that is if it's not disadvanteging my other subjects). :D

HSC
Uni Grad
Nice. It's so reasuring that the scaling is absolutely awesome! I mean, 3U is pretty great, but 4U is just incredible. But I guess the scaling only really kicks in under 85 or 90. But still...

A friend of mine's cousine, who got around 97 ATAR, aparently only started passing the 4U tests by her trials! How weird is that. She ended up acing it; so I reckon I'll stick through at least past the half-yearlies even if I am dying, if I do it (that is if it's not disadvanteging my other subjects). :D
It's good for the scaling, but more importantly it can bring a head start into courses that require 1st year mathematics.
and basically 4U maths covers most of the 1st year course, from what I've heard.

The thing is it's your cousin; you won't know how you'll be able to do though.

Nevertheless it's going to be incredibly good and I'm already enjoying the content from 4U (as a friend of mine tutored it for me) :p

And I hope I won't have to sit for the 2U exams at my school...

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
None lol :)...every subject is pretty much relaxed--suited to my abilities

And people scaling is not the end of the world...Ive seen people do senior science and get Atars over 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)