Who Thinks UTS Needs a Makeover? (1 Viewer)

blOwfish

HSC
I clearly do. I think they need to spruce up the Tower building, especially to the right, where u walk towards towards the Harris Street bridge to get to the DAB building. Its absolutely ugly there. ALso i think they should have lawns and more trees and benches in front of the tower building, instead of ugly old concrete!

Share your ideas and improvements !

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
as much as I like to agree with you - you have to think about the practicability of some of the ideas you put forward

1. I don't think I would like to lie on lawn in front of the city with cars + trucks driving past. It won't be serene (lol) nor will the air be fresh (again lol).

2. What can you do to spice up the pathway towards the bridge and across to DAB? Make some channels and plant trees? :rofl: In all honesty, its a path to get from A-B, doens't need to be all fancy and all.

I would love to see more grass, but where else can you put it? The city campus is stretched to its limit in terms of space. The grass area you see behind the concourse is newly renovated!

If anything, they should just bulldoze down that entire area of the city and leave it to us :D but that's wishful thought :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think Building 1 and Building 2 could be made to look a little more pleasing to the eye, and Building 3 seriously needs some attention. Everything else looks pretty decent though.

I also like the bridge, it currently feels pretty awesome that we can traverse most of the campus without ever touching ground level - like some kind of aerial uni (ok maybe I'm romanticising it a tad :p)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
building 3 looks shit, and gosh that tower building loos hideous, but dont judge a book by its cover
otherwise the other buildings look respectable on the outside...go building 4

msh

HSC
its a great uni with great reputable courses, it would help to have great architecture/interior design too lol
i dont mind the Design building's interiors but i saw building 2 and 3.. i must say i was pretty shocked at how ugy it was. the IT building has nice interiors too.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i forgot to mention the IT buildings
pity i dont have any of my classes there though...that wouldve been cool

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
IT is in Building 10, on Jones St. It has a similar feeling to that of the newly renovated Building 4. I think the new grass area behind the tower looks good and its better than what used to be there. At least there's more grass now, lol. Too bad they never went ahead with the plan to close Jones St, that would have been awesome, then we would have more grass, lol.

blOwfish

HSC
Panda Bear said:
as much as I like to agree with you - you have to think about the practicability of some of the ideas you put forward

1. I don't think I would like to lie on lawn in front of the city with cars + trucks driving past. It won't be serene (lol) nor will the air be fresh (again lol).

2. What can you do to spice up the pathway towards the bridge and across to DAB? Make some channels and plant trees? :rofl: In all honesty, its a path to get from A-B, doens't need to be all fancy and all.

I would love to see more grass, but where else can you put it? The city campus is stretched to its limit in terms of space. The grass area you see behind the concourse is newly renovated!

If anything, they should just bulldoze down that entire area of the city and leave it to us :D but that's wishful thought :)
Yeh, I know, but grass in front of the tower building will soften the the appearance of the Uni, as of now its all concrete. You dont have to sit there, its there to make it look good.

And the path from the tower 1 to building 6 can be improved. It really looks like some really old dirty alleyway. They could paint some of the old pipes and spruce it up a bit =)

Its good to see the lawn all nice and green. Also I cant wait for the new cafeteria to open. From what ive seen its looking great ... If only some natural light could get down there...

The IT and the DAB building are the nicest buildings in the Uni, but the courtyards and the overall atmosphere of the Business/Law building also looks good.

Hmm.. Ive got an idea.. There should be a bridge from the Business faculty to Market City. Then we can feel like UTS owns Market City xD

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha that wouldnt be a bad idea actually...if they can do it from building 4 to building 6, then i dont see why you cant do it for business-market city
but then UTS doesnt own market city, so thats the only obstacle there

sweet-g

HSC
I reckon they should get rid of the Tower building and replace it with something more appealing to the eyes. Of course that would never happen.

Hmm.. we should take over the entertainment centre and market city and claim it as UTS facilities. Therefore we can use the area around the Business Faculty, Market City and the area near McDonalds (Entertainment Centre) and turn it all into nice grassland with trees. It would make the city look nicer too !! And they can turn the Tram Station from "Haymarket" to "UTS". OOOO that would be soo good.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you wish
that would not be feasible at all....plus i think the city has enough grass dont you think?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha lol
building 4>building 2

fx->infinity
fy->infinity
M->infinity

ioniser

HSC
UTS jones street is expected to start construction next year beginning with the demolishing of building T ( the old tafe building that sits directly behind building 4),then closing off of jones street to form more grass land and walkways for people to building 10 .Plans for this have been submitted to the council a while back and takes several stages for approval hence why it is taking so long.

http://www.uts.edu.au/new/dev/jones.html

Also UTS will have a neighboring tower directly across from UTS tower situated on the old carlton brewery,the Building will be a couple of stories shorter than UTS.Also I believe UTS tower will remain the tallest building in the broadway precinct (UTS is above the height restrictions for this area,UTS were able to build tower 1 to this height as it was built before height restrictions were enforced),the heritage buildings there will be revamped and the place will consist of parkland and retail stores to urbanise the area

blOwfish

HSC
OMG that is soo cOOL. We'll have a very open grass plan from the alumi green to the IT faculty. Looks good. O Also like the idea of transforming the pub across the tower building into another UTS Facility. Then they can create a bridge from the tower building to the other side of broadway! Wish UTS overtook the Tafe next to us. Itll make so much more room, and really make Ultimo a UTS Suburb !!

Cant wait for these plans to see through!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)