• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who Thinks UTS Needs a Makeover? (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well those plans have been around since Building 10 opened in 2002 but I haven't heard anything else apart from what's listen on that site. Is there any new news available that states that it will go ahead? I mean one of the reasons they didn't do it was because of the bus route down Jones St, even if it does only serve the 501 and 443.

ioniser

HSC
well in order to make plans go through,you have to submit a DA which consist of about 4 stages .These stages take a while to go through,I believe the jones project would be a different project as it consist of taking over public space as opposed to refurbishment of building 10.DA s take an awful lot of time to complete ,most of the cbd buildings take between 3 to 5 years to complete the DA.From what I've heard the DA is expected to be complete this year and construction to start next year.

Oh and the planned residential tower block neighbouring might not go head since labour won the election,but a further 18 skyscrapers will be built side by side along the bangaroo site (near the harbor bridge)with the highest being 185 m

this site gives you a good idea about construction around UTS
http://www.fmu.uts.edu.au/updates/0702/200702FMUNL.html

you can email the guys about whats happening

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Musk said:
heh being building 2 as the engineering building the general feeling from engineering is that they dont give a shit if its ugly as long as the three laws of statics are working :)

fx = 0
fy=0
M= 0
Considering it's a 3 dimensional object they'd probably hope there's more than 3 laws of statics working :D

dan_ster

HSC
Anyone have pictures of UTS interior? Cos the tower itself is pretty offputting..

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Musk said:
http://www.uts.edu.au/about/tour/broadway4.html`

its just the tower building is ugly on the outside where the rest of the buildings look really nice

but i prefer being inside a building when its hailing :rofl:
yeah i tend to agree with that...heaps of people judge its building by looking at its exterior, but tend to appreciate it more once they had a look inside
its like when i first went to building 10....geez i was like i hope every building is like that
but yes the exterior of the tower building looks hideous compared to the rest of the CBD

krayzie_

HSC
Musk said:
they will deal with the tower building once they finish expanding the uni
Where are they expanding anyway? And what are they planning to do with the tower building?

*idea* throw a big blanket over it, that will shut everyone up about our exterior. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)