Who wants a 100 UAI? (1 Viewer)

envy87

HSC
LaraB said:
u
eg - school i was at a shitload of peopel got around the 40-50% mark for chem trials and the average was shocking as was the top marks but then they get something like 5/8 top places in the state or something? same wit business studies - i got 78 in the trial coz it was shit hard and ended up wit 90+ in hsc...

you can't use that to predict everything coz u have no idea how other schools go... its rankings not just marks that matter....

Ruse trial and all other assessment marks are scaled according to trends from previous cohorts. Sure it might change a bit here and there, but basically what you get on your report reflects what you get in your HSC - often the difference is within on a few marks. They take a lot of effort to make it as good a prediction as possible. So in this case, Ruse trial marks are probably a good indication of final performance. I mean nothing's cert, but its as close as you're gonna get without knowing final results...

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
I think you mean they are 'aligned' not scaled. Sydney High does the same in some subjects also.

HSC
Guys let it go, he has pride for his marks and his school. If I got some crazy ass high marks like that I'd be as well proud. Congrats on the high marks mushi, not a good idea to give people promises of 100 UAI, just say "I'll get you a high mark" if they ask "How high?" say "as hard as you work"

L

LaraB

envy87 said:
Ruse trial and all other assessment marks are scaled according to trends from previous cohorts. Sure it might change a bit here and there, but basically what you get on your report reflects what you get in your HSC - often the difference is within on a few marks. They take a lot of effort to make it as good a prediction as possible. So in this case, Ruse trial marks are probably a good indication of final performance. I mean nothing's cert, but its as close as you're gonna get without knowing final results...

yeah good on you for taking it out of context by not including the part of the post wher ei said he probably will get 100 but its a stupid idea to go promising people that he'll get them 100 when he doesn't even know if he's got 100 to start with.

you just agreed with what i said anyways - i said they are probably a good indication but anyone with half abrain knows there's a difference will "probably" and "definitely" which was what i was saying....

HSC
studynoob said:
Who wants a 100 UAI?

Me! i want it! mememememememe *screams and waves hand like crazy*

yeh me 2 but i think id need like daily tutoring to get 100

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
LaraB said:
yeah good on you for taking it out of context by not including the part of the post wher ei said he probably will get 100 but its a stupid idea to go promising people that he'll get them 100 when he doesn't even know if he's got 100 to start with.

you just agreed with what i said anyways - i said they are probably a good indication but anyone with half abrain knows there's a difference will "probably" and "definitely" which was what i was saying....
It's just advertising. Dont' take it as a "promise". Also, the thread starter never guaranteed a 100 uai in the first place

If you are looking to top the HSC then you are going to be needing serious work and help which I can provide you with.
I think that's a fair enough statement.

L

LaraB

_dhj_ said:
It's just advertising. Dont' take it as a "promise". Also, the thread starter never guaranteed a 100 uai in the first place

I think that's a fair enough statement.
go back and read the other posts i and others wrote since you missed the point...

fine promise isn't the right word... replace it with 'infer' or 'suggest' or 'connote' - it still all leads to the same conclusion - its wrong to even put it there coz HSC results haven't been released and no amount of tutoring will necessary equate to a 100UAi....

mushi g

For all the posters:

Look you can argue about it for as long as you want but at the end of the day it is study that pays off. The james ruse difference i talk off is the way the teacheres take each point of the sylabbus and mould your answers into 10/10. Perhaps you are right that promise wasn't the right word but when you go to other places eg. lube mobile they guarantee stuff that isn't always correct. by promise i meant to say that i will give you the necessary work that will ensure a 100 or very close to it but at the end of the day it is all up to the student to actually try and focus for that to happen. For the past James Ruse student, i fully acknowledge your comments but my statement holds. If you want to achieve, achieve is what you shall do.
For the huge fuss about my projected UAI, perhaps i should make it clear that yes they are very close at the end and that all that is said may not be achieved. But then again they are very close.
Finally i dont see the whole fuss about it. I am offereing a service which if you want you can undertake. My promise is to supply you with all the knowledge for a 100 and your input is what moulds the final outcome. I don't see how you can just hassle and fuss about something that you haven't treied for yourself or don't wish to try for one reason or another.

L

LaraB

Argonaut said:
That would be great if every other school didn't do it.
lol yeh... and if that was tru everyone would be getting a 100UAI lol

we got the same crap from people at baulko claiming that everyone's capable of 10/10 and clearly they're not... lol :p

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
You're going to take evey dot point of the 3 and 4 unit maths syllabus and mould a perfect answer for each?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Hate to jump onto the hijacked thread but just a point I'd like to make.

From past experience with 100 people you can't really create them with studying alone, they must have some form of talent underneath to be able to achieve that in the first place.

heybraham

HSC
Templar said:
Hate to jump onto the hijacked thread but just a point I'd like to make.

From past experience with 100 people you can't really create them with studying alone, they must have some form of talent underneath to be able to achieve that in the first place.
for 100 UAI u can be sure effort dominates innate intelligence. unmotivated geniuses can get crap uai's..genuine nerds will always get a 'good' uai (whatever that means)

nit

HSC
It's a combination of intelligence and hard work, as well as the all-important luck.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
heybraham said:
for 100 UAI u can be sure effort dominates innate intelligence. unmotivated geniuses can get crap uai's..genuine nerds will always get a 'good' uai (whatever that means)
You have no idea. While it's a combination of the three described by nit, and while to the outside world it seems that the effort is what got through, in the end without the talent, no amount of work is going to get you a 100. 99.95, yes, but not 100.

L

LaraB

Templar said:
You have no idea. While it's a combination of the three described by nit, and while to the outside world it seems that the effort is what got through, in the end without the talent, no amount of work is going to get you a 100. 99.95, yes, but not 100.
yeh especially since its rankings based and some subjects are capped and some are scaled better etc... so much as they say this 'evens it out' it doesn't... coz the BOS has no real way of determing what is a 'harder' or 'easier' subject and therefore worthy of scaling/capping...

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
yeh especially since its rankings based and some subjects are capped and some are scaled better etc... so much as they say this 'evens it out' it doesn't... coz the BOS has no real way of determing what is a 'harder' or 'easier' subject and therefore worthy of scaling/capping...
Have you seen anyone actually get perfect scores in every single one of their non-maths/science/'high scaling' subjects and still not get 100 UAI? Note that I'm not asking if it is possible, in principle, to get a perfect UAI without doing high scaling subjects.

nit

HSC
Originally posted by Templar
Or it could be just that one gay subject...

HSC
mushi g said:
Look you can argue about it for as long as you want but at the end of the day it is study that pays off. The james ruse difference i talk off is the way the teacheres take each point of the sylabbus and mould your answers into 10/10. Perhaps you are right that promise wasn't the right word but when you go to other places eg. lube mobile they guarantee stuff that isn't always correct. by promise i meant to say that i will give you the necessary work that will ensure a 100 or very close to it but at the end of the day it is all up to the student to actually try and focus for that to happen. For the past James Ruse student, i fully acknowledge your comments but my statement holds. If you want to achieve, achieve is what you shall do.
For the huge fuss about my projected UAI, perhaps i should make it clear that yes they are very close at the end and that all that is said may not be achieved. But then again they are very close.
Finally i dont see the whole fuss about it. I am offereing a service which if you want you can undertake. My promise is to supply you with all the knowledge for a 100 and your input is what moulds the final outcome. I don't see how you can just hassle and fuss about something that you haven't treied for yourself or don't wish to try for one reason or another.

Hey with all this bad spelling i fail to see how a 100UAI is possible, yeah its the net and it doesnt matter, but that doesnt justify the quantity of mistakes in this... sorry to be pessimistic and all

L

LaraB

Benny1103 said:
Have you seen anyone actually get perfect scores in every single one of their non-maths/science/'high scaling' subjects and still not get 100 UAI? Note that I'm not asking if it is possible, in principle, to get a perfect UAI without doing high scaling subjects.
it was a general statement - get over it

scaling will affect just about every student be it from HSC results or scaling of in school marks.your statement doesn't prove/disprove anything...

the point i was getting at is that scaling and capping affects nearly all students - what you said doesn't change that.

santaslayer

HSC
ehhh.. u dont actually need perfect 10/10 answers to get a uai of 100...

those people go overseas to prestigous unis with a scholarship...not just a uai of 100...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)