who wants to be a lawyer (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
2005: 90.0
2006: 85.0

I don't think it will go down much more but who knows? I found it the most UAI friendly cutoff. That said it doesn't mean everyone in the course is stupid (which people might have you believe), I know one person in my class who got 98ish :)

riot_girl88

HSC
melsc said:
2005: 90.0
2006: 85.0

I don't think it will go down much more but who knows? I found it the most UAI friendly cutoff. That said it doesn't mean everyone in the course is stupid (which people might have you believe), I know one person in my class who got 98ish :)
How could they be stupid if they managed to score 85 and ova as Uai's.

HSC
question......
have legal assignment due on monday:
is the power of government divided into the executive, legislative and judicialor local, state and federal???????
im lost???

pete_mate

HSC
riot_girl88 said:
omg, melsc u are doing my dream course. Good luck

dream course? settle down there, its only UWS

hell, screw sydney. "dream course" implies harvad law

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
*slurtznow&4eva said:
question......
have legal assignment due on monday:
is the power of government divided into the executive, legislative and judicialor local, state and federal???????
im lost???
The separation of powers doctrine divides the power between the executive (crown etc) who enforces the law, legislature (parliament) who makes the law and judiciary (courts) who apply the law. The division of powers is where in the Constitution Act 1901 (cth) s51 the powers are divided between the federal and the state (the state then in turn delegates some of its power to the local govts aka delegated authority) e.g fed govt has power for defence. This a common mulitple choice question so learn the difference :uhhuh:
I hope that helps :D

pete_mate said:
dream course? settle down there, its only UWS

hell, screw sydney. "dream course" implies harvad law
Don't be so mean, the specific course is only offered at UWS :p although it would be safe to say that I dream of going to Harvard or Oxford *sighs*

Last edited:

Marquis

HSC
All this talk of law-courses is making me hungry.
I hear that a majority of people who do law degrees don't end up being lawyers (barristers, solicitors or advocates) ...
What other jobs of interest in the field of law are available?

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
yay... law lolz... fuck thats a hard course to get into... hey have u guys thought of places to actualli work in... cuz theres realli no more demand for lawyers... but theres this like real big overflow of ppl studyn law and shit.... no demand but fuckn heaps of supply...

just a thought...

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
melsc said:
I know at the moment I want to take the bar and am looking at working for the DPP, if I make it though the degree that is :p
i like the thought of that.. :)
got any contacts... cuz... durin your "studying" of law... its who you know, not what u know when u get it...

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
yeh its all about contacts for wanting to become a lawyer.. and its not about finding one in your local area.. unless your a yuppy and live in the city.. lol sorry that was a personal joke between me and the "ppl dat arent u who live in the city"

i got one contact.. that should b ther for me if i do commence a law degree of some sort... in the city too.... im pretty sure somewhere along your journey... u will meet a boy who has a lawyer dad :p

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
he is one of them business lawyers... has a firm... like he's the founder of it... McCabe Terrill lawyers... pretty funky.. did work experience there... but my dad knows him well... etcccc

fuck law.. worry about gettin the degree first.. or in our case... gettin into the uni course lol :p

_BaadShah_

HSC
Well just a tip or info more like it from my lecturer at uni.
Not being sexist.

But there less then 4% of female lawyers in NSW alone. So if a chick is thinking about being a lawyer, no offense or anything but i think you should look for another area.

Reasons are for 4% of female lawyers is that, the commitment.
Got to put in like 16hrs a day at your job. ..
Well you be in uni for like what 5yrs?.. The other problem is that, when you get married and are pregnant. You need to be more flexible and being a lawyer won't give you that chance.

Fought i let you females know, is just not about saying "i want to be a lawyer" ..

cheers, ash

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I really wouldn't let any of the stereotypes stop you if you really want to do something. I know a girl who's working at a top tier law firm (international), is a 5th year uws student and has two kids.

_BaadShah_

HSC
sorry i didn't mean to be stereotyped but the facts speak for themselves. I fought i just let the females know about it, so they could have another preference instead of just aiming to be a lawyer.

cheers, ash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)