Who wants to pull an all nighter with me? (1 Viewer)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
One thing I will never understand - all-nighters.
During school days, there is naturally more restriction surrounding the execution of all-nighters due to concentration required for school the next day for school and the different sleep pattern that one operates on. I will say that all-nighters in holidays are successful.

For one, more work gets completed. Everyday we are bombarded by outside commitments e.g. sport, visitations, socializing, helping family etc... So assume that a lot of time is wasted during the day, what's the alternative to an all-nighter? Sleeping early, as if you would have gotten work done during the day when you have not. Then you have double the amount of work to finish the next day. It is a continuous never-ending cycle of putting the work off until it has amounted to an unmanageable bulk of work. Even if work is put off for three days, I am surprised at how difficult it is to catch up, while I'm required to do other work. As oppose to staying up for an extra 5 hours, and getting the work done, and waking up a later 2-3 hours.

If I was going to sleep 'normally' in holidays, I would sleep at 12 and wake up at 8-9 (AM). As oppose to doing an all nighter till 4:00AM and waking up at 10. Obviously, less hours have been spent sleeping, but its naturally like this because it's unreasonable to sleep at midnight and wake up at 6:00AM on a normal day, no one would do that. So we just naturally stay in bed longer. As oppose to doing an all-nighter and waking up 2 hours later, with lots of work done in between i.e. the time where one would have spent it alternatively by sleeping.

Yes, I don't have empirical evidence to substantiate this, but I find that I retain information better when it's read at night. It makes study more efficient, and I naturally get through much, much more work than I would during the day.

Makematics

HSC
During school days, there is naturally more restriction surrounding the execution of all-nighters due to concentration required for school the next day for school and the different sleep pattern that one operates on. I will say that all-nighters in holidays are successful.

For one, more work gets completed. Everyday we are bombarded by outside commitments e.g. sport, visitations, socializing, helping family etc... So assume that a lot of time is wasted during the day, what's the alternative to an all-nighter? Sleeping early, as if you would have gotten work done during the day when you have not. Then you have double the amount of work to finish the next day. It is a continuous never-ending cycle of putting the work off until it has amounted to an unmanageable bulk of work. Even if work is put off for three days, I am surprised at how difficult it is to catch up, while I'm required to do other work. As oppose to staying up for an extra 5 hours, and getting the work done, and waking up a later 2-3 hours.

If I was going to sleep 'normally' in holidays, I would sleep at 12 and wake up at 8-9 (AM). As oppose to doing an all nighter till 4:00AM and waking up at 10. Obviously, less hours have been spent sleeping, but its naturally like this because it's unreasonable to sleep at midnight and wake up at 6:00AM on a normal day, no one would do that. So we just naturally stay in bed longer. As oppose to doing an all-nighter and waking up 2 hours later, with lots of work done in between i.e. the time where one would have spent it alternatively by sleeping.

Yes, I don't have empirical evidence to substantiate this, but I find that I retain information better when it's read at night. It makes study more efficient, and I naturally get through much, much more work than I would during the day.
this guy at my school runs all nighters on a full-time basis, including during the school term. he gets home, has a meal, goes for a full 8 hours sleep from 5pm till 1am, and studies from 1am-7am. it's pretty fucked up, i know.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
this guy at my school runs all nighters on a full-time basis, including during the school term. he gets home, has a meal, goes for a full 8 hours sleep from 5pm till 1am, and studies from 1am-7am. it's pretty fucked up, i know.
I did this for three weeks, till I realized it wasn't doing me any good.

Makematics

HSC
yeah i usually have a 30 min nap at 4pm, but dunno if i could stay asleep for 6+ hrs. anyways it works for him

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I only do all nighters because I get a chance for some self time.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Slept at 5:00AM because I was in deep research on a topic, and I woke up at 7:30AM. Leaving now for school holiday class. (shit)

LOL.

I'll be fine.

CloudDeter

HSC
Okay thinking of pulling one tonight to get some assessment tasks done before the end of the holidays. Got to do I.P.T. presentation, then S.D.D. program, and of course Visual Arts theory -.-.

SuperMike96

HSC
I'm not planning on pulling an all-nighter any time soon, but this thread is motivating me to get my work done. Good job guys :D

Makematics

HSC
Okay thinking of pulling one tonight to get some assessment tasks done before the end of the holidays. Got to do I.P.T. presentation, then S.D.D. program, and of course Visual Arts theory -.-.
shiet that's terrible! our school finishes up everything in term 2, and the only assessments left are trials. our english mod c assignment was due in on the last day and i had to pull an all nighter to get that one done. man that was bad.

CloudDeter

HSC
shiet that's terrible! our school finishes up everything in term 2, and the only assessments left are trials. our english mod c assignment was due in on the last day and i had to pull an all nighter to get that one done. man that was bad.
Yeah I have two things due in the first week, just before the trials... Our I.P.T. teacher kept delaying the assessment task cause she was changing it around or something, so we ended up getting it in the second last week and she made it due the second day we get back to school. :/

I can't feel it now, but there is a lot of stress bottled up somewhere inside me.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I'll check back here at 10:30pm if I'm all-nighter-ing. This morning I woke up at 8, drove a mate to the airport, came back at 11am, slept until 3. Too much sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)