• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who watched the MTV Music Video Awards last night? (2 Viewers)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Orange Juice said:
maybe in the us, but not always here...
They wouldn't really care about Australia though, they would make most of their money in America:).

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
anyone used to watch the Dave Chappelle show on sbs when it was on? funniest show ever!

astro

HSC
hoobastank's performance really....well, stank
so happy that maroon 5 received an award....didn't think they would though....

also, there was way too much rnb and jessica simpson should go home....

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
yeh.... i noticed hoobastank were particularly bad....... and so was jessica simpson. she can't sing for shit n needs to die.

didn't hooba just have a concert here, and everyone was saying it went off ? don't tell me he sang like THAT... =/

and yeh, obviously america is very big into RnB/hip hop, and i was just thinking how lame our own award shows are compared to theirs. farrout.. total party atmosphere, i SO wanted to be in that bubble !!!

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Jessica Simpson needs to stop shaking her head when she sings. Hoobastank needs to go die already and Usher is just....ARGH! fuck he thinks he's so good. Wanker.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Sarah168 said:
Usher is just....ARGH! fuck he thinks he's so good. Wanker.
yeh, i remember him saying something like "there's no comparison with me and justin timberlake" omg. you're good, but not THAT good..

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Annegelic said:
and yeh, obviously america is very big into RnB/hip hop, and i was just thinking how lame our own award shows are compared to theirs. farrout.. total party atmosphere, i SO wanted to be in that bubble !!!
The Australian entertainment industry is a joke:(. I have said it before and I will continue to say it:p.

Annegelic said:
yeh, i remember him saying something like "there's no comparison with me and justin timberlake" omg. you're good, but not THAT good..
I took that to mean that he thinks Justin Timberlake is better than him:confused:.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Merethrond said:
I took that to mean that he thinks Justin Timberlake is better than him:confused:.
lol no ! he meant that HE's better than Justin.. cos people always say that "Justin's the new Usher" etc (esp in america)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Annegelic said:
lol no ! he meant that HE's better than Justin.. cos people always say that "Justin's the new Usher" etc (esp in america)
Haha, who would seriously say that:rolleyes:!

Fry

Orange Juice said:
maybe in the us, but not always here...
st luna did shit here i think...
and ts might do good now that now maybe another few thousand have heard of them from watching the show

overall... diddy makes the best collabs... except that stupid dance one he made... that was so shit
yeah i meant in the US. is the p.diddy song you're talking about the one where he goes, 'the p the d the i the d the d the y its diddy, yeah its diddy'...haha f*cken funny :haha:

Merethrond said:
I took that to mean that he thinks Justin Timberlake is better than him.
yeah right as if he would say that. over in America they're both constantly compared and there have been rumours about a rivalry especially after JT was crowned 'the new king of pop' (in rolling stone magazine) over Usher. Usher was quoted saying, 'no one can just take your spot. if you really work hard, no one can take your spot.' ever since he was a child he wanted to become the next KOP cos he idolises Michael Jackson. if anything, he was probably hinting that he is better than Justin after winning the mtv award. i personally think he is better but he's just a bit up himself.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
talk about people voting - voting is not compulsory in the usa, presidential election is coming up, they want to encourage people to vote

i thought jessica simpson looked strange while singing
xtina and nelly were good

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
OJ-Mase song Welcome Back-isnt the song based on him returning from all the drugs and stuff he used to do...and etc???

ATL-is a rnb group with the major of was "step in the name of love"
TS-Lean Back is kinda old for me....
Petey Pablo-Freak A leek is good i heard he performed it ...but im not sure i didnt see it :(

nesstar

Annegelic said:
Usher and JT are both good...but really, they're both trying to be the new Michael Jackson...that is the only comparison that should be made...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
yeah right as if he would say that. over in America they're both constantly compared and there have been rumours about a rivalry especially after JT was crowned 'the new king of pop' (in rolling stone magazine) over Usher. Usher was quoted saying, 'no one can just take your spot. if you really work hard, no one can take your spot.' ever since he was a child he wanted to become the next KOP cos he idolises Michael Jackson. if anything, he was probably hinting that he is better than Justin after winning the mtv award. i personally think he is better but he's just a bit up himself.
Haha, I can't believe anyone would say that:D!

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Merethrond said:
Tony Hawk seems to make an appearance everywhere these days:p. Bam was probably there promoting the latest Tony Hawk Skateboarding game:).
Bam has alot of his own movies and stuff as well
he has clothing and his own tv show
so i dunno i didn't quite get wat he said at the end
because that is probs wateva he was there promoting
i think him n tony hawk are pretty good freinds
because on Bams tv show when they turned his house into a skatepark
tony hawk was there n a few other element skaters
any ways i was still stoked to see bam

Usher was shit live he barely sung nething he chose wat bits he sung
jessica simpson needs to turn off the whining baby voice
but i liked nelly and christina
hoobastank were crap!
yellowcard were okay
and jet were pretty awsome
iw was suprised when they won
i didn't realiase how popular they were over there

nesstar

mizz_smee said:
and jet were pretty awsome
iw was suprised when they won
i didn't realiase how popular they were over there
I didn't realise they were popular there either
They are awesome...but I didn't think they performed outstandingly well...but they were still great, and heaps better than most of the other live performances....but thats not hard to achieve....

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
nesstar said:
I didn't realise they were popular there either
They are awesome...but I didn't think they performed outstandingly well...but they were still great, and heaps better than most of the other live performances....but thats not hard to achieve....
lol.. i know
everyone was trying so hard and it was just coming out all wrong
nelly and christina looked like they were just having fun
and they didn't sing bad like most of the others

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i thought alicia keys was probably the best one there. loved all the hip hop & punk rock stuff.. esp yellowcard. their album rocks.. ! ^.^ hooba was a let down. jet were good. i knew they were huge there, i hear and read about it everywhere all the time..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Annegelic said:
i thought alicia keys was probably the best one there. loved all the hip hop & punk rock stuff.. esp yellowcard. their album rocks.. ! ^.^ hooba was a let down. jet were good. i knew they were huge there, i hear and read about it everywhere all the time..
she was fantastic, she is a great musician

usher sounded like crap, actually, he sounded fine, like his cd track, it was the fact that you could see his mouth moving off time that made it a crap performance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)