Whol else thought the Industrial Chem questions were crap? (1 Viewer)

~MC MATAR~

Who else thought the Industrial Chem questions were crap?

those questions were crap - wat about that stupid seven marker? Markers dont like giving fullmarks for huge questions- that 7 marker was stuffed - wat a crap dotpoint to focus on! i still went alright though i reckon but seriously ..why?

Last edited:

cheers_big_ears

it was due though.
on the old papers there was nothing bout locating a chemical plant.

it was bit 'wishy washy' but not to bad

ben7

I would have like lots and lots of solvay rather than soap.. i hated soap.. .arg

sub

man that was ONE fuked up test....
i forgot how to make the emulsion we did, ended up writing something like a mixture of soap and the real experiment.
the 7 marker was a random unforeseen thing for me.
bloody emulsion prac :vcross:

~MC MATAR~

yeh ok theyve never written about locating an industrial chem plant b4 so what doesnt mean they have to put a 7 marker on it!

cheers_big_ears

~MC MATAR~ said:
yeh ok theyve never written about locating an industrial chem plant b4 so what doesnt mean they have to put a 7 marker on it!
they need to make up for lost time
i dont know.
u only had to use some common sense to get most of the marks
the rest... yeah maybe u had to know the processes. but then u should know them for every exam

Plebeian

The 7 mark question was not just based on a tiny dotpoint. If you knew:
- the processes themselves (what raw materials they need, what outputs they need to dispose of, what environmental problems they have)
- general stuff from CM&M about dumping ions into water
- common sense

then you could answer it, even if you hadn't studied the actual dotpoint.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Wut Was With The Detergents And The Environment>???
Thats Not Even A Dot Point
Stupid Stupid Question.

ben7

Techie said:
The 7 mark question was not just based on a tiny dotpoint. If you knew:
- the processes themselves (what raw materials they need, what outputs they need to dispose of, what environmental problems they have)
- general stuff from CM&M about dumping ions into water
- common sense

then you could answer it, even if you hadn't studied the actual dotpoint.
Yeh i didnt study that dot point lol... in fact for some stupid reason my teacher said not to both concentrating on it (i guess coz it has never really been in hsc).. but i pulled out 2 pages on it about everything i knew.. maybe get 4 or 5 i dunno really.

helper

HSC
N/A
fashionista said:
Wut Was With The Detergents And The Environment>???
Thats Not Even A Dot Point
Stupid Stupid Question.
It is one of the right hand column dot points but how many people thought detergents means types of detergents

sub

yeah, it seemed random but it was in the trials for cssa and their sample answers were good for it. and it wasn't hard to remember...anionics => rivers of foam, till they made em straight chained...non-ionics => less foam...cationics => biocide properties making em hard to degrade...

helper

HSC
N/A
They really tested the key words and it is going to be English in a lot of cases that get the top marks. Did you assess or just explain or describe.

speedy3020

Shit looks like im the only one who was actually pleased seeing all those Industrial chem questions.
My class has done heaps of those chemical plant questions with the map and whatever, easy 7 marks. I love loven those questions!

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
what I mean by that is that they didn't ask questions that REALLY test your knowledge instead of how much crap you can memorise.
Yeh, but aren't all exams based on this - take english paper 2 for example... It's about how many gay quotes and techniques you can memorise, and how fast you can write - not about what you really know...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)