Whol else thought the Industrial Chem questions were crap? (1 Viewer)

sub

but chem should be more than that, l45er...its sooo much more...this was a wanky piece of shit exam that din even come close to what chem should be

sub

more definitely more wanky...but then again...this chem paper WAS wanky

allstarr69

SpoRTsGaL said:
what was with the whole exam? it was really shit. I felt as though I didn't get tested properly.... what I mean by that is that they didn't ask questions that REALLY test your knowledge instead of how much crap you can memorise. Saying that, I went really crap. That seven marker was just stupid.... i have never bullshitted so much in my life. I thought they would ask proper questions about electrolysis or the solvay process, but they didn't. Hairdressing, here I come.
Dont worry I completely agree with you... I got 87% for the cssa trial paper and I reckon im looking at low 70's for this. I studied all the chemical equations for the solvay process but they had to put a 7 marker on the only dot point i skipped. gr8

cko

HSC
i repeated chem this year. must agree that this year's paper was gayer than last year. i just dint appreciate in tha ind chem question how i had to write sooo many fkn pages. btw, who elz gets anxiety when they do tha multiple choice questions in pen? i realllly hate that. I think for like a gud 25 minutes my heart was beating so bad coz i was freakn out coz of the whole havn to use pen for multiple choice... its just not done! :(

sub

tru dat mate...they should learn their own course b4 they make us do these shit exams!!!

mojako

HSC
It was a good paper.
Yes there was a lot of memorisation but it doesn't make it a crap paper.
They all relate to chemistry.

For example,
You're meant to know all your experiments so the emulsion one is a valid question.

You should know the production of sodium carbonate and sodium hydroxide in details. If you know them well you can work out the locating the industrial plants one.
Sodium carbonate is produced using Solvay process and the syllabus specifically mention Solvay process in the related dot point.
Although it doesn't mention NaOH, there is another dot point where you need to assess the technical and environmental difficulties of the diaphragm, membrane and mercury processes. You can use this to appropriately select the location of the plants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)