Who's aiming to get above 90 this year? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
hey i do sique's subjects, cept philo :D
*prays for 100*
yeah but you also go to sefton, so that rules out your chances :p

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Everybody hates Sefton :mad: - even the people that go there hate the other people that go there - that must be why there was that stabbing there:(

It does seem that phys, chem, ex2 maths, ex1 English is the best combination for the maximum UAI... and ecos of course:cool:

I still don't understand why people even choose the abysmally scaled subjects such as General Maths, Senior Science and Standard English (I do know that it is scaled the same as Adv. but in reality it definitely disadvantages the candidates - how can anyone deny this:p ).
Could someone reply who has chosen poorly scaled subjects and still wants (and expects) a 95+ UAI and explain why you did so.

funnyperson1000

Kelly Clarkson is Hot! ^^
HSC
i say u either fully like anna and sky, or mayb take it easy like me, wing all the assesment tasks at school then study really hard for the HSC Exam...;)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Everybody hates Sefton :mad: - even the people that go there hate the other people that go there - that must be why there was that stabbing there:(
No I was just following Giant Lobsters lead on Sefton Sucks, I have no idea, considering Ive been to Sydney 3 times all during holidays.

jaspreet

jasz
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by funnyperson1000
i say u either fully like anna and sky, or mayb take it easy like me, wing all the assesment tasks at school then study really hard for the HSC Exam...;)
Man, I dont think even if I tried my 100% best I could even come close to studying as hard as them. Winging sounds good!

miss_pie

HSC
i get a car if i get over 90. i dont think ill be gettin that car... all i want is 85

shoo

Originally posted by Zarathustra [/i

I still don't understand why people even choose the abysmally scaled subjects such as General Maths, Senior Science and Standard English (I do know that it is scaled the same as Adv. but in reality it definitely disadvantages the candidates - how can anyone deny this:p ).
Could someone reply who has chosen poorly scaled subjects and still wants (and expects) a 95+ UAI and explain why you did so. [/B]

well, i do society and culture, and drama which definitely don't scale you up, but i do extension 1 eng and extension 2, and legal studies. the reason i chose those subjects is because i get like around 95 in all my exams and assessments for them and in reality no matter how hard i tried i would never be able to get even in the 70's for any science or maths subjects. so even if they scaled me up i would'nt do as well as the 'scaled down" subjects...and plus..getting scaled depends on how u did in other subjects too. and hell yeh, i reckon i'll do well. maybe not 98-99 UAI but a respectable mark..satisfied or do u still think im dumb for choosing my subjects?

nike33

"I still don't understand why people even choose the abysmally scaled subjects such as General Maths, Senior Science and Standard English (I do know that it is scaled the same as Adv. but in reality it definitely disadvantages the candidates - how can anyone deny this ). "

stupidest statement ever..not everyone is of the same inteligence and if people cannot handle physics or chem for example or just dislike the cources (i do) but are interested in science why shouldnt they do senior science ? ...lets just force the whole state to do 4u maths..or even worse 4u english ( =P) so everyone will be on the same playing field eh?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
stop running around and posting useless shit everywhere chinkiboistyle

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Regardin various I hate Sefton posts:
I concur...
It takes a few years in the hole to understand why it's so crap.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Could someone reply who has chosen poorly scaled subjects and still wants (and expects) a 95+ UAI and explain why you did so.
:uhhuh: :uhhuh:....

I HATE sciences and love history so i should ditch what i love and go the for the highly scaled subjects, do shit in them, feel like crap and eventually lose all interest in school and drop out...fantastic!!

Last edited:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I agree...
why do general maths if you don't like mathematics and suck at it?
why do senior science if you don't like science and suck at it?

Not to mention their scaling...

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
maybe some people do like maths and science, but realistically aren't fantastic at them. in that case they are still able to enjoy the subjects and perhaps do well in them, whereas if they did a higher level of maths or a harder science subject they wouldn't do well and may even be turned off that subject for good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)