whos doing medical science?? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
j4x0r said:
oh survivor, BSSM2220 is much worse than BSSM1110, 2 essays worht 50% each as a final assessment...how can it get any worse
I rather write 100 essays than to do a presentation in BSSM1110. :D
2 essays aren't that bad! May be becasue I like to bulls***. :D:D

j4x0r

HSC
Survivor39 said:
I rather write 100 essays than to do a presentation in BSSM1110. :D
2 essays aren't that bad! May be becasue I like to bulls***. :D:D
those presentations were easy, for the essays in BSSM2220 you are basically just told you'll be given a question for any of your lecture topics, and an open ended question and you choose two...so throughout the session, you don't know what kind of question you'll be preparing for...a load of bullcrap if you ask me

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
At least there are no in-session assessments :)

j4x0r

HSC
i suppose, BUT originally it was meant to be one essay worth 100% but people started whinging about that so brian and jack changed it >=/

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
j4x0r said:
i suppose, BUT originally it was meant to be one essay worth 100% but people started whinging about that so brian and jack changed it >=/
lol your year is so annoying! :p
now every year is like that! *sighs*

dafidav

HSC
for all the people in 2nd and 3rd yr med sci, do you get to do anything with dead human bodies? like post mortem examination or something?

j4x0r

HSC
no the most that you do with cadavers is like look at them...and i'd like to warn you that if you're thinking of doing ANAT2111 in second year, it is REALLY hard

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
j4x0r said:
no the most that you do with cadavers is like look at them...and i'd like to warn you that if you're thinking of doing ANAT2111 in second year, it is REALLY hard
It's not that hard....seriously. just heaps of memorising. Biochemistry is what you call hard.

j4x0r

HSC
hahhaha i actually found biochem easy :p i did better in biochem overall than anatomy...although i did get HD's for the spot tests the essays in the final anat exam really screwed me up

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
j4xor do you have any advice for the spot tests in anat2111? mines coming up in 2 weeks.........

j4x0r

HSC
should have asked me for advice ages ago dude hahaha...well basically, i memorised ALL of Dr Pandey's notes on muscles, i made sure i could spot everything down to the last ligament etc. make sure you go to the revision session they give you, i think they gave us a practice spot test last year during one of the revision sessions...hmmm i should study for my spot test too for neuroanatomy

sambo_rambo

HSC
UNSW med science vs. Usyd

Hi,
I have been looking at the med science courses at UNSW and usyd and I was wondering if anyone knows what the essential difference is? Also why is the UAI at Sydney so much more than UNSW?
Thanks,
Sam

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
Syd has better resources and overall better teaching methods- hence why most Syd courses are ahead of UNSW in terms of cutoffs.

UNSW MedSc goes back and covers high school work apparently, which really irritated my friends doing it.
Goes back and cover high school work?? And this coming from someone who doesn't even do medical science. :rolleyes:
Don't get me started about the technicality of digial media....

Sambo: The essential difference is at USyd you have to do physics, maths, and chem for the whole of the first year. At UNSW, you have the option of not to do physics, and only do 1 semester of maths, compared to USyd of 2 semesters.

The Cut off is just indicating the last person's UAI (The lowest UAI) who entered the course.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
A pair of MedSc high school classmates bludged virtually every Biology lecture last semester because according to them, there's nothing to learn from it, "a waste of time". I made my assumption based on that.
Komaticom said:
Syd has better resources and overall better teaching methods- hence why most Syd courses are ahead of UNSW in terms of cutoffs.
Komaticom said:
I made my assumption based on that.
Observation: two first year Medsc students.
Assumption made: uni biology = high school work.

Time at uni - not even 2 semesters. Probably not attending USyd.
Assumption made: Syd has better resources and overall better teaching methods.

Based on that, I'm glad you're doing Digital Media and not Science. :)

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
hi ppl,

im actually tossing between engineering at new south and Medical science at sydney. im leaning more toward engineering but seeing as id like to eventually get into med ( my second and third choices are optometry and pharmacy) do u advise med science?? if dont get into med, what avenues can i go down in med sci and are there lots of jobs?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Pick Adv Science as you can basically make it into a med science degree by choosing certain electives, however it also gives you the flexibility to choose outside med science fields. Med sci = research degree. If you like research im sure there are plenty of jobs, but not much money unless you have a phD and go hardcore.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
^^ He speaks the truth. If you want to eventually do med then you are much much better of doing a Science degree than Med. science.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I was thinking USyd actually. Hows the social life in USyd? Cause I hear at UNSW, its oarsome.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
UNSW has a lower cut off 75. Theoretically it should be easier to gain better grades, hence improving your chance to transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)