Whos glad they did General!?! (1 Viewer)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
general shat all over 2unit. i could never have done anywhere near as well in advanced. i actually enjoyed maths once i dropped to general...

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
tammer said:
general shat all over 2unit. i could never have done anywhere near as well in advanced. i actually enjoyed maths once i dropped to general...
Yeah I dropped down from 2 unit pretty late... and I found General really good. If you r doing badly at 2 unit, drop down, 'cos if you do well at general scaling doesn't matter that much, general was my best HSC mark.

<Stretch>

Engineered
HSC
Hell yes!!
Swallowing my pride and dropping to general was one of the best decisions I've made. I was getting 30ish% in 2U but in our recent general assesment i got 96% and ranked first.

Go general!!

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
It's probably better that you drop and be in the top of general than the bottom of Mathematics, because in the end it will probably scale a lot better anyway, and significantly reduce your workload.

craz

HSC
definitely. I barely passed well in advanced in yr 9/10. so i knew general was the way to go. it scaled me down a bit...but its better than getting scaled down more than doing badly in 2Unit.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
<Stretch> said:
Hell yes!!
Swallowing my pride and dropping to general was one of the best decisions I've made. I was getting 30ish% in 2U but in our recent general assesment i got 96% and ranked first.

Go general!!
Yeah when I was about to drop to general I think my 2 unit exam mark was like 24% and I ended up with an hsc mark of 93 in general and it took so much less time and stress

ahacohen

HSC
GENERAL vs. ADVANCED

Ok, at the moment i am doin the general course, i guess this is good in away, because i know everything, and i finished HSC chapters in 2nd term, but many people will disagree with me, but i prefer to do the Advanced course, because
A) I need a challenge
B) General is boring for my standards
C)I am bored with the course

i could go on but i wont.

Zohab

To kool for skool
HSC
general maths

In yr11 I did 2 Unit and holy shit i found it so hard. I was getting close to last in the class in every test and my total % was about 36%. When I moved done to General it was the greatest feeling in my life, all through high school I was great at maths but when it came to 2U I failed horribly, I thought I had just lost my touch and had become a total dumbass. Well now I am getting 100% without any real trouble and I can sleep through half the exam and still get 90%. its not that it is easy its just FUN! cos ur getting the answers right and it gives u a sense of accomplishment.
SO A MESSAGE FOR ALL THOSE PPL DOING 2U AND FAILING BADLY DROP DOWN AND YOU WILL SEE THE LIGHT.
CAN THOSE PPL WHO DID REALLY WELL IN GENERAL TELL US UR UAI AND HOW MUCH U GOT SCALED DOWN?????????????

Zohab

To kool for skool
HSC
<Stretch> said:
Hell yes!!

Go general!!
What was ur UAI? If u dont mind me asking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)