Who's going to Macquarie Uni 2022 (1 Viewer)

sab13562

HSC
If anyone's going to Macquarie, which course are you doing? I'm thinking of bachelor of commerce. Would be nice to make some friends.

Last edited:

DarkOperator618

HSC
If anyone's going to Macquarie, which course are you doing? I'm thinking of bachelor of commerce. Would be nice to make some friends.
hopefully engo if my early entry thingy goes through but idk

Wizjaro

HSC
Yea I'm planning to go Macquarie and do actuarial studies either co-op or with a double but I haven't made up my mind yet on what degree exactly I want to do.

sab13562

HSC
Yea I'm planning to go Macquarie and do actuarial studies either co-op or with a double but I haven't made up my mind yet on what degree exactly I want to do.
Oh wow. Good luck!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm actually thinking of majoring in analytics. Any tips?
Make sure you plan your degree and check which units run in S1/S2. Certain units may only run in one semester and you don't want to get stuck having to do an extra semester or so as a unit doesn't run.

sab13562

HSC
Make sure you plan your degree and check which units run in S1/S2. Certain units may only run in one semester and you don't want to get stuck having to do an extra semester or so as a unit doesn't run.
Oh wow. I actually never knew that. Thank you! Question, are majors done in year 3 or throughout the years?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh wow. I actually never knew that. Thank you! Question, are majors done in year 3 or throughout the years?
Throughout the period. Typically the first year you finish the "core commerce subjects", and you'll have subjects exclusive to your major.

Student advisers at MUSE (Or might be at BESS now??) can help you with planning your degree.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Throughout the period. Typically the first year you finish the "core commerce subjects", and you'll have subjects exclusive to your major.

Student advisers at MUSE (Or might be at BESS now??) can help you with planning your degree.
Hey, would it be a better idea to double major in business analytics and accounting for commerce or to do a business analytics and accounting as a double degree?
Is there any difference between the two?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, would it be a better idea to double major in business analytics and accounting for commerce or to do a business analytics and accounting as a double degree?
Is there any difference between the two?
Do the double degree. Professional Accounting sets you to be able to do the main industry qualifications (i.e cpa/ca etc) without paying extra dollars plus time of having to do bridging subjects after you do your degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)