whos gonna win the afl flag?? (1 Viewer)

who will win the 2005 AFL FLAG???

• West Coast

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Sydney Swans

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Geelong

• Fremantle

• Port Adelaide

• Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

cabanaboy21

HSC
theres threads on all other sports but like juz a swans fan thread on afl... so this is a general thread on afl but with the added bonus of a poll to see who will win the 2005 afl flag...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Heart says Swannies.

Head says Saints.

I wonder what the odds are on a Saints/Saints double in the NRL/AFL right now?

Lemme check ...

Ahhh! It's number one:

2005 AFL/NRL PREMIERSHIP DBLE 30/9
21313 8 ST KILDA-STGEORGE ILLAWARRA
21513 8.75 WEST COAST-STGEORGE ILLAWARR
21501 9 WEST COAST-BRISBANE BRONCOS
21301 9.75 ST KILDA-BRISBANE BRONCOS
20113 13 ADELAIDE-STGEORGE ILLAWARRA
20101 14 ADELAIDE-BRISBANE BRONCOS
21310 20 ST KILDA-PARRAMATTA EELS
21510 21 WEST COAST-PARRAMATTA EELS
21302 27 ST KILDA-BULLDOGS
20110 28 ADELAIDE-PARRAMATTA EELS
21502 29 WEST COAST-BULLDOGS
21413 30 SYDNEY-STGEORGE ILLAWARRA DR

Saints/Saints at 8 dollars ... Swans/Saints at 30 :S

niall045

HSC
i wanna see bulldogs keep up their giant killing run, especially after being the laughed-at team for ages. i also wanna see swannies get a flag. how about we call it a draw?

cabanaboy21

HSC
all the signs point to west coast to win the flag but i think that they have peaked to soon and the saints are peaking at the right time... hope the swans do it but like DRAGONZ i think that saints will have it...

Peartie

HSC
Cheer Cheer the Red and the white
Glory by day and glory by night!

SWANNIES WILL WIN

(I feel that they deserve 2 neways)....

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Lift that noble banner high
Shake down the thunder from the sky

Fuck, I hate watching AFL. I respect the athletes who play it, because its a darn skillful, and fitness requiring game, but its boring as fuck to watch.

mcbec

HSC
Swannies 4eva

madness... i never thought id meet anyone who doesnt bag me out for liking and watching Aussie Rules. stupid NRL fans can shove their insults where the sun dont shine....

anywho, as for the flag, swannies have a heaps good chance of getting it. besides the magpies theyve been the only other team to beat west coast and they also have a fairly good chance of getting to play them at the GF in melb if they keep up the work... hopefully we'll get a home final too (which im sure we will!!)

As the fans say, We've got the Goodes, We're Bolten down the field, & The ball is in our Hall!! (lol all lame, i know, but still remotely funny & partly clever!)

Go Swans.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
mcbec said:
madness... i never thought id meet anyone who doesnt bag me out for liking and watching Aussie Rules. stupid NRL fans can shove their insults where the sun dont shine....

anywho, as for the flag, swannies have a heaps good chance of getting it. besides the magpies theyve been the only other team to beat west coast and they also have a fairly good chance of getting to play them at the GF in melb if they keep up the work... hopefully we'll get a home final too (which im sure we will!!)

As the fans say, We've got the Goodes, We're Bolten down the field, & The ball is in our Hall!! (lol all lame, i know, but still remotely funny & partly clever!)

Go Swans.
I'm an NRL fan. I take insult from that comment.

Perhaps you forget that only last week Western Bulldogs beat West Coast by 43. If they make the Finals, their chances are huge. Sydney beat the Weagles at the SCG. Not only is it just about the longest trip the Eagles have to make for an away game, but they are removed from their usual expansiveness of Subiaco to the in-tight confines of the tiny SCG.

And LOL. I like the puns too :p I've never heard "The ball is in our Hall", though. Will make sure to remember it.

mcbec

HSC
yeah i think theyre funny too..

sorry if i offended you, i didnt mean to. I didnt mean all NRL fans are stupid, a lot of my friends are NRL fans, but i was referring mainly to my experiences of idiots i know that think NRL is all there is in life, and any other NRL fans who diss AFL or other sports.

I hadn't checked the results of last weeks games (mainly coz of my trials), so i hadnt realised west coast had been beaten again!! im glad they have been tho. And i still think, even tho it would be an away game, that Sydney are in with a good chance. The eagles also clearly have a good shot too, but i guess we'll see what happens!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha most biased poll ever. because everyone is from sydney. realistically itll be west coat

stazi

Nightman
HSC
who will win the 2005 AFL FLAG???

More like 2005 AFL FAG!

davo_

good kid
HSC
Bombers are out so I have to say West Coast... but it would be good if the Swans won.. I'm a pretty big leaguie, and I bag gAyFL out a bit just in a joshing way: I've played a fair bit of it and don't mind watching a good game either...

cabanaboy21

HSC
davo_ said:
I'm a pretty big leaguie, and I bag gAyFL out a bit just in a joshing way
thats ok cos i pay out league footballers cos they are a bunch of morons!! :D

HSC
i like watching both codes and i hope the swans win it and....what are the chances that the knights won't get the wooden spoon lol who cares about st george, its all about the wooden spoon, by the way im from newcastle area lol

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Sydney? No way - they aren't good enough and haven't got enough skillful midfielders. - It'll show this week when the eagles thump them. The flag is either St. Kilda's, West Coasts or Adelaide's.

I'll bet anyone $100 that sydney won't make the GF.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Sydney? No way - they aren't good enough and haven't got enough skillful midfielders. - It'll show this week when the eagles thump them. The flag is either St. Kilda's, West Coasts or Adelaide's.

I'll bet anyone $100 that sydney won't make the GF.
i think youre underestimating them against WC. Remember what happened the last time they played? Although it'll be hard for them at subiaco stadium, admittedly. My money is on WC for this game but I wouldn't gasp if Sydney managed to just barely come away with it

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
im gonna say the Swans, like just because...

but they may have trouble with adelaide and west coast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)