who's got the best part time job while at uni? (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Hey guys,
Having a job any job, while at uni is important... I know a few employers who have said that they'de rather hire someone who worked at maccas while at uni than someone who have never worked in their lives. But I want to know is who here on BOS has the best parttime/casual/full time job related to their degree?

If so what is it and what's your degree?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i work at PricewaterhouseCoopers full time and i do bachelor of commerce at newcastle

its a really good job cos at the moment its really quiet and theres no work for me to do so i just get to do uni work all the time lol

and were going out to lunch and then going to lawn bowls tomorrow afternoon lol for a social afternoon

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
wow nice, i know a lot of commerce/accounting students (minai lol) who would kill for that job ... (how old are you twisted emily?) and what do you do at pricewaterhousecoopers?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I do reception work while at uni

you get to work in a suit, at oxford st, choose your hours every week (ie its very flexible) and get to annoy customers by putting them on hold or "accidently" hanging up.

okay, its not THAT great, but i dont think i'll be leaving any time soon

Oh, and I do B Music (Composition) at the Con/Sydney Uni

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I do reception work while at uni

you get to work in a suit, at oxford st, choose your hours every week (ie its very flexible) and get to annoy customers by putting them on hold or "accidently" hanging up.

okay, its not THAT great, but i dont think i'll be leaving any time soon

Oh, and I do B Music (Composition) at the Con/Sydney Uni
Arg. That actually sounds like an OK job. I'll need to look for something like that. Beats dastardly fast food.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
gordo said:
Tutoring's not a real job though, i did tutoring straight of highschool as well i think every second person i know at uni did tutoring at one stage or another... i hated it, it's such a crappy, irritating thing to do!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I work for the family business. So it's the most felxible job I could possible get. And I get paid very well, regularly, and in cash so I don't have to pay any tax (although if I did I would get it all back anyway).

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I work for the family business. So it's the most felxible job I could possible get. And I get paid very well, regularly, and in cash so I don't have to pay any tax (although if I did I would get it all back anyway).
hehe thats cool, what is your family business?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
A friend of mine is working at the attorney general's office as a personal assistant.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Macquarie Bank.
Macquarie Securitised Lending in the Banking and Property Group Division.
B.Business/LLB at UTS.

T

timbk2

i worked at the SydneyOlympicPark golf range for about 1.5 years... great place to work. Good ppl, good facility and I learnt how to play golf while i was there. Did about 15hrs a week

i now work 2 days a week at OneSteel ltd. in the IT division after working fulltime(38hrs) with them last year during my industry training.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Oh and also have a $50/hr job working for Arthur tunstall. I set up the boxing scoring computer system. enter the boxers names. press space when round begins. escape when it finishes.
I get to sit ringside :) Really awesome, practically effortless job. Plus Arthur tells amazing stories

bobin

I get to work at HMV :p
I just sit there most of the time.. hardly doing anthing lol

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Soma said:
Macquarie Bank.
Macquarie Securitised Lending in the Banking and Property Group Division.
B.Business/LLB at UTS.
you, young gun :uhhuh:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I work at uni doing admin work (every now and then) and also teaching part-time at uni, while studying full time (the course in my signature).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)