Who's picking fights with their parents? (2 Viewers)

Do u pick little fights with ur parents over nothing due to stress??

• nah why would I do that? I go for walks to release stress

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Damn straight i do!

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • nah i pick fights with my friends instead

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

al_x

short*
HSC
Ahhh dear... When I'm stressed out i always pick fights with my parents over nothing and get really annoyed. And they don't fight back that much coz they just put it down to HSC stress... I don't mean to, but its just so much fun! And i feel better (and a little guilty) after... its not like i do it on purpose though it just kinda happens. Can anybody else relate to this?

happytreefriend

HSC
Yeah, I totally agree, I have been sooo narky to my parents and sibling, and unusually no one fights back because I think my mum told my dad and my brother that I was stressed with exams and not to provoke or challenge me. It's bad cos I see that I really am being a total bitch, but it's also good cos I can tell them what I think and not have it get me into too much trouble. Exam time is full of suprises eh?

Kabeio

k.
HSC
exactly, being on a parents good side is very beneficial anyhow

Counterfeit

HSC
I say pick fights, pick them all you want.

There is NO SUCH THING as being on a parents good side,

example one:

I have been very fucking nice to my parents lately. I put the washing out today, i helped put the shopping away, i didnt have to cuz i can get away with doing jack all cuz its the HSC and my right to be selfish, but i wanted to prove i still kindof care.

anyway cut forward to 30 mins ago

Mum: "Lets go out for dinner" (personally i cant think of anything more stressfull.. dinner, family, public... ew)

I couldn't , i genuinely leave things till the last minute, i started my maths study yesterday and set my self the goal of doind 6 hours a day, i still have 3 hrs to do today. So no, i did not want to go out, i do not feel like dressing up and making small talk, and smiling. Yeah, im being all emo.

Anyway, Mum chucks the shits "fine! we want to do something nice, well fine! Stay, study, if it were your friends you would drop your stuff and go in an instant, last night u watched TV for hours"
LIKE HELL I DID!! i watched about 2 mins of idol while i had some desert. I havnt fucking been out with my friends for weeks, i have no life.

They went out to dinner... i am at home and hungry. Dad said hed bring me back a meal if a rang him. fuck.

The point of this story, even if u are nice your PARENTS DONT NOTICE.

In their eyes u are just a rebellious, agressive, wild, out of control teenager, even if nothing can be further from the truth at the moment!

So go, chuck a skitz! They think its all you do anyway. Deluded ignorant fucking twats

Unleash the inner bitch.

HSC
my parents said they noticed me become more mature and alot more quieter, I guess thats because they just see me in my room studying and for once they are proud of me, but they quiet stirnly told me I have to pay boarding if i get under 80 UAI

my mum had to tell me not to study so much because I do too much sometimes :p

rama_v

HSC
Casmira said:
my parents said they noticed me become more mature and alot more quieter, I guess thats because they just see me in my room studying and for once they are proud of me, but they quiet stirnly told me I have to pay boarding if i get under 80 UAI

my mum had to tell me not to study so much because I do too much sometimes :p
lol seems that theres lots of ppl in the same boat :p
Remember, if anyone says "you dont have a life" because ur studying 'too much', simply retort "I will when it matters - in two weeks :D"

HSC
Counterfeit said:
I say pick fights, pick them all you want.
In their eyes u are just a rebellious, agressive, wild, out of control teenager, even if nothing can be further from the truth at the moment!
QUOTE]

My dear, I am so with you. k words can't really explain my situation without paying my parents out. I don't want to, but MY GOD it's frustrating. sometimes I think "okay, you want uncontrollable, rebellious, angry teenager? I'll SHOW you how 'uncontrollable' I can be."

Have yet to do so. Don't really want to break their hearts and succumb to dope and alcoholism - har.

among other stuff.
"100 bucks an hour!"

oh and in answer to the thread, well I don't live with my parents so I haven't really been given the chance (Thankfully) but I have noticed that I've been on constant PMS since the HSC's started. Little things like noise and get me so irritable and stressed. Living in a boarding house doesn't help either.

My boyfriend's usually on the end of the angst and irritability. Poor guy -.-

Last edited:

muhammad 1

HSC
Why would you pick fights with your parents? They're probably the only people apart from yourself who truly care about how you do in the HSC.

Counterfeit - not everybody's parents see them as a wild, rebellious, out of control teenager. If you prove to them that you are a responsible and mature young adult then they have no reason to think that.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
always argue with them, they piss me off a lot for some reason evn if they did nufin ..

al_x

short*
HSC
Well for me I guess it comes down to that most people tend to hurt the people closest to them (or however that saying goes) so it's like i unintentionally take my stress out on my parents because I know they will still be there at the end of the day. I should take it out on my sister though! We have a common wall between her bedrooms and last night she was talking really loud on the phone at one in the morning, not to mention she has her music up really loud at night and early in the mornings when she's getting ready for school. I swear shes like... an insomniac! She's driving me nuts! If her missy elliot doof doof crap starts shaking my walls one more time im going to cut up the power cord to her stereo, then throw the stereo out the window into the rain!! Argh! She's stressing me out no wonder I pick fights with my parents!

muhammad 1

HSC
al_x said:
Well for me I guess it comes down to that most people tend to hurt the people closest to them (or however that saying goes) so it's like i unintentionally take my stress out on my parents because I know they will still be there at the end of the day. I should take it out on my sister though! We have a common wall between her bedrooms and last night she was talking really loud on the phone at one in the morning, not to mention she has her music up really loud at night and early in the mornings when she's getting ready for school. I swear shes like... an insomniac! She's driving me nuts! If her missy elliot doof doof crap starts shaking my walls one more time im going to cut up the power cord to her stereo, then throw the stereo out the window into the rain!! Argh! She's stressing me out no wonder I pick fights with my parents!
Your parents have probably been waiting all their lives so you can do the HSC, get into uni and make them proud......especially for those who are an only child. If you get stressed out go for a walk, take deep breaths, do yoga or whatever but try not to take it out on your parents. Alot of people do tend to hurt the people closest to them because like you said, at the end of the day they know they will still be there for them, but those close to you should be appreciated. Don't take them for granted. I'm not trying to make you feel bad but just think about it - you can never thank your parents enough for everything they've done for you. Oh and my sis is the same as yours dw.....she has her music up so loud and she's on the phone at like 2 in the morning. I always go in and tell her to turn it down, if not for me then for the poor neighbours who have to put up with it. She usually does turn it down - so try talking to your sis nicely and more often than not she will be considerate and turn it down.

al_x

short*
HSC
oh no u dont understand. she isnt like most people! i have 3 sisters and the one im referring to steals all our clothes so she can wear them, shes always in my room when im trying to study and wont get out, and if u ask her to do anything the just ignores u... its not fun lol

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
al_x i feel srsly sorry for you. my sister's in india right now and if she was here, we'd be having fights atleast twice a day. as with my parents, its kinda the other way around, they pick fights with me and it pisses me off so bad my mood gets wrecked for the rest of the day, and my study mode kinda goes from 9/10 to 1/10. its annoying as.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
For me, it's not over nothing.

My mum always wants me to study and shit, and i know i am gonna get the UAI i want with minimal study, but for some reason she wants me to get a UAI of like 93024720374032740274320430, probably for bragging rights.

For example, right now i am supposed to be studying for Frext.

BEYAYATCH!

muhammad 1

HSC
al_x said:
oh no u dont understand. she isnt like most people! i have 3 sisters and the one im referring to steals all our clothes so she can wear them, shes always in my room when im trying to study and wont get out, and if u ask her to do anything the just ignores u... its not fun lol
Hmm well my parents are constantly fighting and my mum is ALWAYS yelling, even at like 3 in the morning. So I just go to the library and study there till 9pm.......

As for stealing your clothes......well I can't really relate to that lol

HSC
now my entire family fought with me yesterday because:

- Im not talking much
- need to 'help around the house' (even though I cleaned my room and the computer room that took me 2-3 hours)
- not studying enough
- im not going to work

they think im a nightcrawler?! how do i do this all at once

success

HSC
Yeah, instances of fighting and bitching have been on the rise! lol.

so last night i just gave up and went to my girlfriends house. lol.

sure as hell beat study. lol (hope i can still say that after i fail maths tommorrow!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)