Who's ready for Year 11?! (1 Viewer)

Aidejay

HSC
Hehe. Peer support here I come. :D I hope the year 7s are gonna be nice to me "><

Ahh. white shirts, seniors now. rofl, i feel old "><.

such_such

HSC
to the person asking about coaching colleges:
talent 100
matrix
dux

those are the ones ive heard most about :)

i think i might be going to t 100 or matrix though
Very expensive though. One subject is alright but a lot is...

HSC
Pros: dropping compulsory school cert subjects i.e. history and geography, free periods, complete whole new uniform, senior lawn access, senior privileges such as going out of the grounds (Yay!), teachers treat you more seriously etc

Cons: increased workload, one step closer to the HSC, thinking about the future and possible career options, the grade getting way more competitive, stress, assessments, rankings etc

it will be interesting how this year goes!

Magical Kebab

HSC
Pros: dropping compulsory school cert subjects i.e. history and geography, free periods, complete whole new uniform, senior lawn access, senior privileges such as going out of the grounds (Yay!), teachers treat you more seriously etc

Cons: increased workload, one step closer to the HSC, thinking about the future and possible career options, the grade getting way more competitive, stress, assessments, rankings etc

it will be interesting how this year goes!
That completely explains it. Guess its a plus though, at least now we know we are working towards something, thus adding motivation.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Of course not. I see now.
On a serious note spiral, if you had to 'generate' your 5 best tips for us, what would they be?
*Generating*

Besides the obvious, eg. study consistently.

- Don't rush. What I mean by this is as you will hear this quote over and over again, "The HSC is not a sprint, it's a marathon." There will be sure some kids that will claim to have finished the HSC course early in Year 12 and who claim they study 24/7. Don't believe them. :)

It's all about how WELL you know your content. Not how fast you learn it.

- The mind of an athlete There will be many draw backs in your Prelim-HSC year and often things don't go your way. My advice to you is DON'T BE DISCOURAGED by other people. Sure they might look handsomer than you or may write better than you, but that's no reason to stop. A true champion never quits until the final dice has been rolled. My point is, KEEP TRUCKING and ignore the external influences around you. Because "It's not what goes around outside you. It's what goes around INSIDE YOU that matters." Don't compare yourself to others but compare yourself from now and where you want to be.

- TAKE BREAKS! when need be to avoid going to the doctors. You must eat well, sleep well (Doc says 9 hrs at least a day for a teenager!) and study efficiently.

- Study ALL your subjects (English too!). Overload of maths -> Less time on other subjects -> Less chance of good marks on the subjects -> lower ATAR. In reality, 93-94 in MX1 or MX2 is an ATAR equivalence of 99.95 already so there's no need to overload yourself.

- Be supportive. I will let you figure what I mean by this yourself.

Last piece of advice.

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

^ I don't care what other Year 12s say. ^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)