Whose excited for the exam? (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
so not looking forward to chem. I agree its interesting but it's FUCKING HARD i'm going to get smashed by the externals in it.

mostwanted092

HSC
i was just wondering for the battery cells, do we need to know ALL of them?
so like the button cell, dry cell and evrything?
if not which ones would be the best to know?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No, you need to know EITHER lead acid or the other one (lol, I'm sorry, I have no idea, I'm doing lead acid).

And then you need to know one of the others, ie Vanadium, silver button, mercury button etc

boxhunter91

HSC
In the independent paper this year we had to explain the construction of a battery. LMAO i didnt even study it and just remembered the button cell with the silver and oxygen. So siked i got 3 marks :)
Anyone else do independent? Tough paper really.

saaraah11

HSC
In the independent paper this year we had to explain the construction of a battery. LMAO i didnt even study it and just remembered the button cell with the silver and oxygen. So siked i got 3 marks :)
Anyone else do independent? Tough paper really.
I just printed it off and had a go at it this morning.
I had trouble with the question about the CaC03 and the amount of moles it produced. It was question 20 b. Do you think you could explain it to me?:)

boxhunter91

HSC
I didnt get it right. I got 1.5/2 You need to take into account the 0.038% ppm at the start. I didnt :(

ashllis92

HSC
I'm not excited for the exam as such but I'm reasonably confident that I'll do fairly well. This year I've definately had a love-hate relationship with it, I love it as a subject and love learning about it but my class drove me nuts! They simply didn't get it, which is fine because there are things I just don't get, like English, but while they were spending a whole lesson asking about something I already understood, my teacher didn't let me just keep on working. I went to open my book one day to read up on the next little bit and he threatened to give me detention for not paying attention...argh! So I'm glad high school chem is over!

saaraah11

HSC
I didnt get it right. I got 1.5/2 You need to take into account the 0.038% ppm at the start. I didnt :(
Yeah I took that into account but I am confused at why it coverts into 10000 moles, rather then 10. I know Im doing something wrong and its probably really obvious but I just can't seem to figure it out.

boxhunter91

HSC
i Just checked the answers they dont use the ppm at the start :(
Ahh so simple cant believe i got this wrong.
they found moles(CaC03) which were 10000
.: moles of C02 = 10000
.: Volume = 10000x 24.79
.: Volume to pass in tree = 247900/3.8x10^-4
=6.52x10^8L

saaraah11

HSC
but why is it 10000 moles?
I found the moles by using the mass of calcium carbonate
1000 kg
over the molar mass of calcium carbonate

and got 9.991009083 which is rounded up to 10 moles.
What did i do wrong? haha I feel so silly.
I went on to do the right process its just the moles!!! lol

saaraah11

HSC
ahhhh!! thankyou hahah i got the right answer just a few dp ahead of where that shouldve been haha. So stupid, thats what is going to kill me in the hsc:(

boxhunter91

HSC
Keep your head up sarah. Just got to practice the calculations :)
That's what im worried about. The theory is good to go!

hollaholla

HSC
Chem rules and all yeah but SHIPWRECKS !!!! omgs

and yeah the calculations are the only possible things that can get you :p lol except ofcourse if they tell us to like...DRAW a membrane filter or something...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Chem rules and all yeah but SHIPWRECKS !!!! omgs

and yeah the calculations are the only possible things that can get you :p lol except ofcourse if they tell us to like...DRAW a membrane filter or something...
My favourite part of chem is shipwrecks - guaranteed 23+/25 :D

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
My favourite part of chem is shipwrecks - guaranteed 23+/25 :D
okokokok anna letme get this straight....you LIKE shipwrecks!?!?!?!?!?!?!? =S =S

you are seriously the first person ive met who likes it....and for GOOD REASON!!! lol

methinks you mite be going crazy =P shud watch some prince of tennis, twill set you straight =P =P

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
lol, shipwrecks,... especially conservation, restoration and preservation of artefacts... I hate it

Srsly... what am I going to do with this rote-learnt knowledge of how to treat recently recovered artefacts? As if I'm gonna take part in Australian maritime archeological projects...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)