Why are people generally politically apathetic? (1 Viewer)

TacoTerrorist

HSC
scuba_steve2121 said:
first of all a true free market prevents monopolies from forming. and even if they did it wouldn't matter. also there are things called private security companies.
Monopolies in my view are amoral. They assist in allowing the rich to get richer at the expense of others. Private security companies in our time are restricted by the State, but under the proposed 'Anarcho'-Capitalist system, there is no state and thus corporations would have free reign.

SylvesterBr said:
haha you're completely fucking batshit insane, fuck off.
Suck my balls you moronic baby-rapist.

boganxcore said:
who does tacoterrorist vote for in election
I drew a dick on my last vote.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Monopolies in my view are amoral. They assist in allowing the rich to get richer at the expense of others. Private security companies in our time are restricted by the State, but under the proposed 'Anarcho'-Capitalist system, there is no state and thus corporations would have free reign.
companies tend not to have free reign when they are competing against each other? seriously if a company gets a monopoly on chips for instance. people aren't gonna keep buying chips if the price is to high they will find a substitute and that company will shrivel up and die and new ones will sprout up. UNLESS the company charges a price that will help them maintain production and will be affordable for their chosen market, thus a monopoly contrary to popular belief is not the fucking worst thing in the world. also big companies like big government can be and most of the time are grossly inefficient.

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I'm politically apathetic because everything everyone says has no relevance to my life.

I do not read your fucking bullshit.

I am now irish.

To be one with ireland, I am irish. And everything you care about it bullshit.

Which is bullshit. Because you read everything, analyze everything, put everything into a logical form and assume everyone else will one day do so too..

This is fucking rubbish. A lot of people run with less endeavour than you. They run with a bit more swing.

Put simply, a lot of people run with what a lot of previous 5-sec, + current 5 sec, + more 5 sec do.

You are worried about a life, many people cannot even comprehend.

Stop making laws for people.

We live for the moments.

So do you, you don't even fucking know it. You just compromise your current life for the calculation of the future which may or may not exist.
whoa... i have never read such a violent post from somebody, who is attacking something that they admitted that they have absolutely no knowledge about.... Cool :hammer:

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
no he is saying that none of your political activism matters or is in any way influential so why bother

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
no he is saying that none of your political activism matters or is in any way influential so why bother
I'm not a political activist. its just fun debating with retards especially ones that think guilds will prevent capitalism.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ Dude, Capitalism is bullshit. The only people that benefit are the super rich at our expense. I don't understand the fact that you are a victim of Capitalism and yet you defend it. Also, don't call me a retard because I have a different view from you.

Ritard_ said:
Political activism is the only thing that has gotten us real change. The eight hour day, two day weekend, maternity leave, the list goes on. If those dirty Capitalists had it their way we'd all be working 12 hours a day with few labour rights, like in the mid nineteenth century.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
and hey what i dont mind chocolate people coming over as long as they are hard working/educated and not rapers/dont have hiv/arent muslim

nevery

HSC
People in our society, particularly young people (I know this could be a generalisation) seem to be very apathetic and uncaring towards anything to do with politics and political issues. I thought the reasons behind this would be a good topic for intelligent discussion.

My view is that factors like the media's determination for profits at the cost of essentially dumbing down the public are the culprit. The discussion of political theory is very much a taboo subject, and few people actually know what is going on.

This needs to change. The general public must become politically aware so that we may strive for a better society. It is my belief that the capitalist system and therefore the government would prefer it if people continue to have wool over their eyes.

Thoughts?
I completely agree. Society needs to take more of a genuine interest in politics. Until they do, this society will not improve and the government + large firms will continue pulling the wool over our eyes and making choices for themselves and not the general community. They are largely relying on many people's ignorance of politics both in Australia and around the world, and at the moment it is working.

InterNut

HSC
We're apathetic because we're ignorant. Political theory, even policy, isn't exactly flaunted and dangled right in front of us.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
What's the goddamn difference nowadays anyway? They're all gonna do the same fuckin' things with different names. "Over my dead body will there be maternity leave!" "Vote for me! I'll give you maternity leave!" That's how its put to the general public and kids at least. That's the main issue. All the politicians nowadays only seem to create policy to get votes. Should be doing some good shit like what Obama's doing for America's people... at least until the Republicans get put back in.

Also, as history tells us, people don't really care what's going on in politics if everything's going sweet for them. Interest in politics increases when there's very significant financial turmoil or a threat to national borders. Other than that, who really cares?

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
huh so according to you if we removed the reserve bank there would hardly ever be any interest in politics ever again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)