Why are USYD and UNSW supposedley better than other universities? (1 Viewer)

magoshitsjosh

HSC
I want to do law, but I don't think I can get 99+ so USYD and UNSW are out of the picture. My goal right now is to get into either Macquarie or UTS. I'm just wondering,, if all these universities cater for the same course, what's the difference? Why is studying law at USYD so much better than studying law at somewhere like Macquarie or UTS? Does it just look better on your resume after you graduate?

Also, just curious, does anyone know the current ATAR cut off for law at UTS and Macquarie, and do either of these two universities have bonus points schemes?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I want to do law, but I don't think I can get 99+ so USYD and UNSW are out of the picture. My goal right now is to get into either Macquarie or UTS. I'm just wondering,, if all these universities cater for the same course, what's the difference? Why is studying law at USYD so much better than studying law at somewhere like Macquarie or UTS? Does it just look better on your resume after you graduate?

Also, just curious, does anyone know the current ATAR cut off for law at UTS and Macquarie, and do either of these two universities have bonus points schemes?
Hello, it's all about prestige well what most people think for law. UNSW/USYD obviousily are the more prestigious uni's for law. But obviousily it wouldn't matter where you graduate with a law degree if you get good marks in uni, have some work experience, do activities such as letter writing/debating/mooting and etc/extra curricular activities you should be fine.

The 2012 cutoff is to be released soon, we are not sure yet. 2011 for Macq was 95.9~97ish and for UTS around 97-98.
Both do not offer bonus points for a law degree, the only university that I know off does is UWS which offers 5-10 bonus points for a student who achieves band 4-6 in an array of subjects.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
It would only matter if your employer is an ignorant person who only cares about prestige.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)