Why are you still single? (1 Viewer)

lengy

HSC
Nah, I've always been somewhat of a social outcast and an eccentric.

But having met a few people, the only difference I see is they like to go out more than I do.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
lengy, your irl personality is kinda creepy. why be so shy for? :'(
maybe the true him is shy
and when he doesn't feel the necessity to speak he hardly speaks and/or comments on stuff (but this only happens infront of someone he trusts enough to reveal his true self to)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I laugh at anything. even if I don't get the joke lolz :confused:
yeah Diane, if u laugh at my jokes, u pretty much laugh at anything..

random structure: "shit, where did my fish go? did you swallow them alive? you forgot to add soy sauce!"
Diane: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :rofl: i can't sleep tonight, HAHAHAHAHHA

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
edit: I'm sure it's not brogan :K it's either dan or waf
:santa: I have the urge of making a new thread on this. shall we? polll too LOL
this "Why are you still single?" mystery may never be solved, for it is filled up with weird posts that are alien to this topic. (wait...not really, depends on how you define weird and 'irrelevance')

tlodg

HSC
N/A
poloktim said:
I'm single because I choose to be. The reason will change to some self-reflective problems with me picking up once I choose to not be single and can't meet somebody nice. But until then, I'm single because I choose to be.
hey, that's a good attitude.

sometimes we're just not ready to go through the trouble with relationships.....

in the end, what do you get? do you come out a happy person?

what are the odds..

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
tlodg said:
hey, that's a good attitude.

sometimes we're just not ready to go through the trouble with relationships.....

in the end, what do you get? do you come out a happy person?

what are the odds..
I just didn't want to deal with the bullshit associated with going into a relationship. It's not just between two people, you know. My friends, my family, their friends and family also end up playing some part. Obviously we start, they get in on details later, but still, I'll rather not put up with that garbage at this point.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
I've considered, it's not for me.

I lack certain social skills. I don't get along with guys as well as girls. I spend most of my time with female friends. I feel self conscience in large groups. My attempts at fitting in have obviously failed.

Yet when I watch other people and see that they somehow fit in to their respective groups yet are pretty fucked up in themselves I know I'm not the only psycho in this world.
It's okay lengy, I'm not sociable either. At least you are honest with yourself and you're not in denial.

lengy

HSC
Seems Dan/Justin/Jordanish or this other person. This is the second troll that's asked me to justify my actions and probably the same person. You don't see people asking AJ why he hits on every girl or claims to. I don't claim to hit on anyone yet for everytime I compliment a girl whether in truth or in jest I get the shit kicked out of me for it as if I'm really going to ask them. I'm going to give them the answer they want so they'll leave me along. As one drunk Brogan said to me on the way to Victoria park 'everyone's got their issues, everyone's so fucked up' he knows because they come crying to him about it.

Tony Soprano, tough guy, sees a psychiatrist, tries to justify his actions, will always be the Mafia boss.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Nah, I've always been somewhat of a social outcast and an eccentric.

But having met a few people, the only difference I see is they like to go out more than I do.
Do you feel as if going out/meeting up with friends, etc can be a burden you can't shake off?

Sometimes the more people you interact with, the lonelier you feel.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Seems Dan/Justin/Jordanish or this other person. This is the second troll that's asked me to justify my actions and probably the same person. You don't see people asking AJ why he hits on every girl or claims to. I don't claim to hit on anyone yet for everytime I compliment a girl whether in truth or in jest I get the shit kicked out of me for it as if I'm really going to ask them. I'm going to give them the answer they want so they'll leave me along. As one drunk Brogan said to me on the way to Victoria park 'everyone's got their issues, everyone's so fucked up' he knows because they come crying to him about it.

Tony Soprano, tough guy, sees a psychiatrist, tries to justify his actions, will always be the Mafia boss.
I don't get the last part :/ (there comes the UNIQUE expression again)..
didn't watch that show.

yeah, like I once heard someone say...
everyone's psycho in their own way

it's normal that you don't get along with guys as well as u get along with girls, by observations, often when a guy has man girl--friends the guy is usually outcasted by guys.. I don't know why.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Not really, most originated from high school, usually during 11-12 and have continued and blossomed into quite awesome relationships now. One has paid off a house, another has been with the girl since year 9, another almost 5 years now so yeah.

I think my inability to take that risk at an earlier stage has been the common link in my past 'attempts' I guess you could say. I'm not an easily trusting nor explicitly social person, and so ladder theory or the friends thing kicks in pretty much everytime. Don't know if I'm complaining probably more a reflection more than anything, but I think certain people are a lot better at engaging than others are.

If your general behaviour is one which relies on the slow buildup, you're going to have a fair few of these, until you find someone who kinda agrees I guess. And even then, I think with my ex, we were kinda good friends before anything. *shrugs*

Probably psychoanalysing the cause for singledom too much, and simply just a matter of I suck at this shit haha.
Quoted for truth.

I also agree with what lengy, latvia and (for the most part) what diane have said.

Epilators? Moar layk epic, laters. (read: her > hirsute) :eek:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:
Not really, most originated from high school, usually during 11-12 and have continued and blossomed into quite awesome relationships now. One has paid off a house, another has been with the girl since year 9, another almost 5 years now so yeah.
:eek: that's actually pretty crazy. definitely very cool though.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
well, if I broke up with my boyfriend, my reasons would be

1. I just broke up with a boyfriend of enormously several years
2. I'm so use to letting my crushes fade
3. oh, mainly number 1. I think I'd choose to be single for ages.

Redgoddess

HSC
cos i dont know anyone i want to date. if the right person comes along then sure, why not, but i'm not gonna leap into a relationship just so i've got a significant other.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Jessica_00 said:
probably my because my ex's were asses
My ex was great at first but turned into a bitch while i was overseas. hence why I'm single now (still getting over it though since it doesnt look like we'll be friends now)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
:eek: that's actually pretty crazy. definitely very cool though.
Yeah definitely, I'm happy for all of them, at times I envy their position to be honest

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I don't like this topic because it implies that everyone should be paired off. I think in this modern society it's perfectly acceptable to be single, especially at 17 or 18.

Answer: I want to but I have love interests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)