Why can't we take the exam out of the Exam Room anymore? (1 Viewer)

My two cents

HSC
Hi!

So you have probably realised you can't take the exam question papers out of the exam room anymore, this is unprecedented for the external exams. Has anyone been told why we can't take the exams out or is it just BOS being douchebags.

D94

HSC
N/A
Last edited:

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
are u sure our supervisors let us take em, i got my english and eco paper on me

leehuan

HSC
My supervisors strictly stated that no exam papers may be withdrawn from the exam hall.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This isn't the first year by the way but many supervisors either haven't realised that the rules have changed or are simply ignoring it. It was in place last year as well and I think the year before.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
For 2014 the rule said "Examination question papers may be removed at the end of the examination only if they are not to be used as answer booklets". The 2015 rule was tightened, as stated above. Too many students were taking multiple choice answer sheets or completed answers out of the examination. Now all examination material is held at the school, and can be easily checked if part of a student's response is found to be missing at the marking centre.

swagmeister

HSC
I've throughout about this long and hard, the the conclusion I've come to is as follows:

Minimising exam paper burning

The widespread burning of exam papers in past years was just a bit too much for their ego, they are trying to minimise it.

It all comes down to attempting to make the HSC look good, such as how those who got first in state last year were asked "How has the HSC helped your future?" e.g. this video

xetamine

HSC
The accessibility of the internet has meant that there's little reason FOR taking your copy of the exam booklet. I can see some minor issues for restricting it (some morons probably take MCs; easier to conceal notes as 'exam paper')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)