Why did you choose Legal Studies? (For anyone who did/does HSC Legal Studies) (1 Viewer)

iiinsane02

HSC
I initially chose it because I wanted to become a lawyer. However, after studying the concepts and all, the Australian legal system is way too complicated for me.

By saying that, I do particularly enjoy grasping the Crime core study in the HSC syllabus - something I've been wanting to explore for quite awhile now. :rolleyes:

0hNivlek

HSC
^ Hah! My Legal's enemy. Yes, the HSC course is 100x more interesting than prelims!

iiinsane02

HSC
0hNivlek said:
^ Hah! My Legal's enemy. Yes, the HSC course is 100x more interesting than prelims!
Haha, bring it on Kelvin.
I hope to dethrone Eric and Titan's 1st place ranking.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
1. learn about legal system
2. incase I want to become a lawyer
3. topics of discussiona re quiet interesting

but now, im finding remembering everything a handful
jeebeez i need a tutor!!

swathard

HSC
1. learn about legal system
2. incase I want to become a lawyer
3. topics of discussiona re quiet interesting

but now, im finding remembering everything a handful
jeebeez i need a tutor!!
why is it that everytime someone finds something difficult, they want a tutor?

HSC
why is it that everytime someone finds something difficult, they want a tutor?
i know right?? i dont even understand how a tutor for legal would help?
its up to you. its all memory stuff & personally, i dont think its that hard at all.

swathard

HSC
identify
focus
on your weak points

help teach you extra stuff
and UNDERSTAND information

and teach you AHEAD
in case you want it

and MOTIVATION
i understand where youre coming from, but isnt that essentially what your teacher is there for? if you dont understand, you ask them. legal isnt a subject like maths or english where it requires thinking in so many different ways.. legal has a set number of topics, ultimately they link together, whereas in a subject like english, you need to analyse texts which are constantly different in nature etc, and maths where the topics are often totally unrelated to one another.

personally, i think tutors arent necessary.. and if youre having difficulties, just sit down, think everything through, and use your teacher as your point of contact. that's just my opinion.

jellybelly59

HSC
personally, i think tutors arent necessary.. and if youre having difficulties, just sit down, think everything through, and use your teacher as your point of contact. that's just my opinion
tutors are essentially not necessary for legal studies but if a person finds that it is beneficial in one way or another then i see no harm done. It's true that teachers can be a point of contact but not all teachers are approachable (or simply you're not comfortable in approaching your teacher). Your tutor can be a different avenue in approaching your study and may provide a different teaching style that is applicable to you.

i understand where youre coming from, but isnt that essentially what your teacher is there for? if you dont understand, you ask them. legal isnt a subject like maths or english where it requires thinking in so many different ways.. legal has a set number of topics, ultimately they link together, whereas in a subject like english, you need to analyse texts which are constantly different in nature etc, and maths where the topics are often totally unrelated to one another.
wait.... so if there is a set way in thinking or only a limited way to approach legal studies and you simply cannot understand the teachers explaination. If all the topics are ultimately linked together, aren't you ultimately screwed over? Please tell me if i miss interpreted your post and im sorry if i did.

Last edited:
HSC
personally, i think tutors arent necessary.. and if youre having difficulties, just sit down, think everything through, and use your teacher as your point of contact. that's just my opinion.
no for some subjects they are pretty good. but for legal, i just dont see how they would help at all.

swathard

HSC
tutors are essentially not necessary for legal studies but if a person finds that it is beneficial in one way or another then i see no harm done. It's true that teachers can be a point of contact but not all teachers are approachable (or simply you're not comfortable in approaching your teacher). Your tutor can be a different avenue in approaching your study and may provide a different teaching style that is applicable to you.

wait.... so if there is a set way in thinking or only a limited way to approach legal studies and you simply cannot understand the teachers explaination. If all the topics are ultimately linked together, aren't you ultimately screwed over? Please tell me if i miss interpreted your post and im sorry if i did.
i think i may have poorly expressed what I was trying to say lol.

i guess in a round about way I am implying that legal studies tutors arent necessary..

jakjak303

HSC
I was pretty much pushed into it by Mr. Ray. I regret allowing him to make me do it so much now. I have so much other work to do and I'm DYING!!! Plus, it makes absolutely no sense to me.

HSC
I was pretty much pushed into it by Mr. Ray. I regret allowing him to make me do it so much now. I have so much other work to do and I'm DYING!!! Plus, it makes absolutely no sense to me.
legal makes no sense??
are you serious???

lcx

HSC
legal studies was a great subject!
very relevant to current issues. u rely heaps on the media etc.
but ti also helps to make u think about the world through different perspectives. makes u question everything...is this legal? can i sue sum1 4 that
etc
but u hav to wait until HSC yr b4 it gets interesting.
its quite straight forward. once u get the jist of writting essays its a breeze

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)