Why do Aussies give Aboriginal Aussies a hard time? (1 Viewer)

When will an Aboriginal Australian become Prime Minister of Australia?

• 0-5 YEARS

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 5-10 YEARS

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 10-15 YEARS

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • 15-20 YEARS

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • 20-25 YEARS +

Votes: 64 26.1%
  • NEVER

Votes: 142 58.0%

• Total voters

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Noel Pearson would make a great leader

Appointed GG/President is more likely. Rudd's final legacy?
Small problem: Noel Pearson isn't British, and Australians have a completely different conception of President compared to GG... unfortunately.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Small problem: Noel Pearson isn't British, and Australians have a completely different conception of President compared to GG... unfortunately.
? You mean he'd never swear allegiance to the Queen?
It's water under the bridge old man.

I think that the President of the inevitable Republic will hold an appointed office anyway
Just thinking about it, an Aboriginal President seems to make perfect sense. Would be an irresistable appointment for any Labor PM

rasengan90

HSC
? You mean he'd never swear allegiance to the Queen?
It's water under the bridge old man.
Water under the bridge for the guy who wants to change Australia day because it reminds him of the British invasion?

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
Did you even HEAR what they said about JESUS?!
his a prophet of god....just like other prophets?

he is not however the seal of all prophets " khatmun nabeen" that is the holy prophet muhammad s.a.w

so do tell me what we said bout hazhart jesus.....or shuld i say isa (peace be upon him)

Last edited:

КГБ

Banned
HSC
his a prophet of god....just like other prophets?

he is not however the seal of all prophets " khatmun nabeen" that is the holy prophet muhammad s.a.w

so do tell me what we said bout hazhart jesus.....or shuld i say isa (peace be upon him)
your a fucking idiot.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
watch new season of salam cafe.

i will b in an episode :)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
african americans are actually cool.

aboriginals aren't.

and tbh i'm not sure if they are capable of it, seriously man when one of you are as cool as kanye west i'll vote for you. And you'd have to be Liberal.

One aboriginal man will not become prime minister until the majority of aboriginals aren't dole bludging leeches. He'll also have to be pretty white and from a well off background i'd say.

atletico

HSC
Lol,

I am quite sure that we could see an indian or chinese for the PM post. Both groups are quite educated. In america, indians are supposed to be the richest immigrants and amongst the most educated, some goes for the chinese. Chinese and indian diaspora continues...

HSC
N/A
"Them and Us" mentality now will result in two things

1. The Aboriginals that dont have this policy will be bred out by the time White Australians might vote for an Aboriginal

2. The Aboriginals that do hold this policy will never have the right frame of mind to run any sort of government.

Thats the general gist of it, too tired to explain properly or more fittingly.

However you get the idea.

P.S: Obama had no real competition in McCain he was a snooze fest. Blacks vote for blacks, white votes for Obama because McCain was republican.

Lentern

HSC
People are inherently self servient. No doubt they cop a serve but minority groups whom have substantially lower lifestandards are generally not so resented because they are generally not so subsidised. Generations of injustice can not be undone by a surge of goodwill. But most people lose interest in trying to remedy the problem very quickly when they don't see immediate results.

In the past thirty years we have taken huge steps in the right direction, at the cot of the taxpayer. It is only when individuals like Katie come to fully grasp the extent of the injustices and ask themselves how they would feel were the shoe on the other foot then we can expect the patience and neccessary goodwill to bring these too estranged cultures together.

The barrier to this is democracy, when politicians wish to court votes and can do so by playing on the inherent demons that people are trying to supress, ie their impatience and selfishness, then new a whole new set of problems emerge. And ofcourse when the immigrant Australian community makes open statements of resentment, the indigenous people are going to be less inclined to try and break down the barriers themselves.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
im calling a massive long shot, but a Muslim has more chances of being PM of this country than an abo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)