Why do girls wear make-up? (1 Viewer)

Why do girls wear make-up?

• For confidence.

Votes: 63 48.1%
  • Coz dey skanky hoes.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Because they are inspired by images in the media.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other. (Comment)

Votes: 25 19.1%

• Total voters

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Will wear some light foundation and a dash of blush out at night/to work. Generally don't bother otherwise, unless I have pretty dark circles under my eyes from being tired.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
If I were naturally pretty, then I wouldn't bother, lol.
=)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Most of the time, we are wearing eyeliner, mascara, foundation etc, and you don't even know.
qft

If I'm just going down to pick up a newspaper or something then I cbf but most other times I wear it. Usually just light foundation, mascara and blush (I'm pretty pale), if I'm having a shitty skin day or am sick (= blotchy pale ick) and have to go out I'll wear more.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
It's hilarious when you see a girl who normally wears a lot of make-up, without it and they look completely different, and often better.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i generally just where foundation as i never leave enough time for anything else, but occassionally i make an effort with eye liner and mascara

HSC
foram said:
theres this english teacher at my school who claims to be a feminist, but she wears enough makeup to clearly see where the the makeup beings and her skin ends. It's freaky.
makeup beings sound kinda spooky.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
lol your supposed to blend down past your jawline so its not noticeable, either that she didnt do that or her foundation is too dark for her skin tone

dior1

HSC
N/A
Most likely to feel better about themselves.

I wear the basic makeup most days (mineral concealer, mineral foundation & mascara).

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
i actually used to wear heaps of make up in years 7&8

after that i really didn't give a shit and wear tinted sunscreen

it's fucking overrated

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i like to wear lots of eye make up because it is like painting an artwork, there are so many interesting things to do.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
but i don't wear foundation like, ever. (only if i'm on stage)

it's just fun, i guess, with all the colours and pretty things.

light_~@~ngel

^^**light_~@~ngel **^^
HSC
i have never worn any type of makeup other than mascara, and lipgloss
just dont feel the need at this age

lala2

Banned
HSC
I don't wear makeup unless it's for a really special occasion (read: formals) I don't have sunken eyes (i.e. my eyes are set back while my cheekbones are protruding) so my bags are not as obvious, and I wear glasses which makes them even less obvious. I have pretty good skin--I only break out during that time of the month, very rarely if it's not then.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Makeup can be fun, too. Just playing around with colour and different 'looks'. I don't often stray from my usual routine but something as simple as a different coloured eyeliner or a bold lipstick can be awesome (if you do it right).

SpoonSamba

HSC
I LOVE MAKE UP

i don't wear it daily

but i love putting it on when i go out. I'm with chelsea girl, eye make up is the best because its like art.

And it can comepletely transform the outfit you're wearing.

For me its got nothing to do with confidence or trying to pick up or whatever. I just like decorating myself, like with clothes, jewellery and make up! it's fun and its expressive and i always just kinda wing it and see my end result, and thats just heaps good.

anyway yes, thats why i use make up

and cos i love painting and drawing but never get a chance to so its like my creative outlet for colour and design.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i wear makeup almost every day. it started when i had bad skin and wore mineral foundation to cover it up, but now i put a light layer on every day partially out of force of habit.

i find that at the beginning of the day my skin is clear and i could do without makeup, but as the day (or night) goes on my skin can get blotchy, expecially if i'm drinking.

the minimum i usually wear is tinted moisturiser with blot powder, mascara, blush and a nude lippie. other times i go all out with primer, liquid foundation and 5 different colours of eyeshadow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)