• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why do people hate religion? (1 Viewer)

L

littlewing69

$hiftyIceQueen said:
huh? i dont know if they do ...coz i havent asked them
So there isn't just an assumption that he's a dick? That's scary.

HSC
you just like making fun of me and calling me "stupid" and "bitch" ... and if im stupid then so are you coz your talking to me

banco55

HSC
Being a religious person is not prima facie evidence of rigid thinking.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
do you know what jihad means?

also no in the quran it forbids killing innocent civilans, so what they think it means isnt true...they just misinterpret the quran...also if have have read the quran you would realise that it is easy to misinterpret it
Therein lies the problem. The fact that one person can read it and take it as meaning one thing, and then another person is able to come along and find a totally different angle.

Can you begin to understand the problems this poses when one person believes strongly that their view or interpretation is more valid than anothers? Pick up a newspaper and flick to the "world events" section...thats the result of the differences.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
littlewing69 said:
The way you said many of the muslims you know don't agree with OBL, implying that some do.
U will be surprised..

In 1994 bin Laden's family publicly disowned him, shortly before the Saudi Arabian government revoked his citizenship for anti-government activity. He attended his son's wedding in January 2001, but since September 11 of that year he is believed only to have had contact with his mother on one occasion.
Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. Al-Qaida, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians.
All the same. u expect here to speak and represent every single muslim in the world. Gee. that some kind of power ur giving to here that even the president of the USA doesnt have.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
robbie1 said:
Jerusalem: Two churches on the West Bank were hit by firebombs last night as protests continued throughout the Middle East following comments by the Pope on Islam (source: todays sunday telegraph page 37).

FFS, you people cant help yourselves can you? I noticed in India Muslims created a makeshift Pope and burnt it, chanting anti-papal slogans. Now your firebombing our churches. Fucking disgraceful. What would happen if I firebombed Lakemba mosque? I dont think I would be alive for much longer.

How can you sit there and say Islam is a religion of peace?

lets just say 'Freedom of speech'. Lets look at the events that led to this in the first place. The pope - representative of the christian religion -clearly was lets say rude towards the religion of islam. There was no need for such comments, considering in the past what has occured. so in a way, if u say stupid things thats what u get.

now islam may be of religion of peace , but its followers may not be. Ur getting confused between a religion and its a followers.

firstly, u wouldnt firebomb the mosque, because u dont know how to make a bomb and secondly u know the consequences of it - simple. and lastly u can see the immediate effect. u are scared. lol. go have a cry about the picture of the pope being burnt in my opinion he deserved it - there was no need for those comments and i think the protests highlighted that. they were offensive and one could interpret that christanity was inciting violence by angering some radical islamists? yeh? gettin me.

stop making stupid posts.

L

littlewing69

HotShot said:
All the same. u expect here to speak and represent every single muslim in the world. Gee. that some kind of power ur giving to here that even the president of the USA doesnt have.
Been smoking today?

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
lol, i was stopped on the streets in the city today by a pair of mormons:

"Do you believe in God?"
"What religion do you follow?"
"What is ur number?"
"Repent, you bastard! Do you see the light?!"

The problem here is ppl pushing their religion on others. Those clowns made me miss my train. Dayum!

-P_D

HotShot

-_-
HSC
P_Dilemma said:
lol, i was stopped on the streets in the city today by a pair of mormons:

"Do you believe in God?"
"What religion do you follow?"
"What is ur number?"
"Repent, you bastard! Do you see the light?!"

The problem here is ppl pushing their religion on others. Those clowns made me miss my train. Dayum!

-P_D
next time set ur priorties straight - i hate those fags near the station trying to get donations etc. in the morning and later when ur going home. Its really only annoying, ur going to catch a bus and then there are these peeps trying to sell u somethin or trying to get some money of u. they dont seem to care that ur in a hurry.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
To Shifty's credit, she's denounced the part of her religion that kills and maims people in the name of islam, and I'm pretty sure she wont be blowing herself up in the middle of Jerusalem or wearing a burka anytime soon, this begs the question of why we're bagging on the moderate half of islam when its the violent half we should be dealing with, marginalizing the moderate half will make it harder to deal with the radical half, and could be pushing the moderates into siding with the radicals. Afterall who's going to bother to critisize islam if they're no longer preaching hate or blowing stuff up?

And yes Shifty, I'm not expert on Islam but a jihad is techinically a form of internal battle with one's own temptations, mistakes etc. Its just that many of your uneducated breatheren think its has an external dimension, and that a historical narrative in the Koran (such as the one about driving out infidels) that tells a story should somehow be applied as flying planeloads of people into 100 storey skyscrapers. I'm also aware that in some Islamic countries people such as yourself have been murdered for speaking up. So lets be clear on who the enemy of the west really is, its the old fart, sexually frustrated stupid radical muslim cleric with no education outside the Koran (not that education in the Koran in anyway indicates genuine understanding of the Koran either) and the Saudi businessman who's spent the last few years rooting hookers in Beirut and decided to clean up his act by listening to the said cleric.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
bshoc said:
To Shifty's credit, she's denounced the part of her religion that kills and maims people in the name of islam, and I'm pretty sure she wont be blowing herself up in the middle of Jerusalem or wearing a burka anytime soon, this begs the question of why we're bagging on the moderate half of islam when its the violent half we should be dealing with, marginalizing the moderate half will make it harder to deal with the radical half, and could be pushing the moderates into siding with the radicals. Afterall who's going to bother to critisize islam if they're no longer preaching hate or blowing stuff up?

And yes Shifty, I'm not expert on Islam but a jihad is techinically a form of internal battle with one's own temptations, mistakes etc. Its just that many of your uneducated breatheren think its has an external dimension, and that a historical narrative in the Koran (such as the one about driving out infidels) that tells a story should somehow be applied as flying planeloads of people into 100 storey skyscrapers. I'm also aware that in some Islamic countries people such as yourself have been murdered for speaking up. So lets be clear on who the enemy of the west really is, its the old fart, sexually frustrated stupid radical muslim cleric with no education outside the Koran (not that education in the Koran in anyway indicates genuine understanding of the Koran either) and the Saudi businessman who's spent the last few years rooting hookers in Beirut and decided to clean up his act by listening to the said cleric.

She didn't denounce it she said denouned anyone's interpretation of any aspect of islam as murderous. She denied that was a part of her religion and had the nerve to say that islam is a peaceful religion.

HSC
...umm.. actually all the clerics in australia dont support terrorisim..and theres nothing worng to beling devoted to ones religion ...and many overseas dont argree with it either..i cant say they all do since not all of them have spoken of it..

also you really cant blame the sheik for what people do the most he can do is tell them what the religion is about he cant force them to follow the religion any more then he can force you...

so it aint his fault.

also in islam its forbiden to kill innocent civilians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)