• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why do people hate religion? (3 Viewers)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If the quaran is perfect then it is flawlessly written and cannot be misinterpreted. These terrorists have therefore read it correctly, and your religion therefore endorses terrorism.

banco55

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
the reason of the wars which occured during to prophets days were because people didnt accept the religion, what dont you get in that?

also have you read the quran in arabic?
.....and who says muslims don't believe in jihad? Sounds a lot like jihad to me.

HSC
do you know what jihad means?

also no in the quran it forbids killing innocent civilans, so what they think it means isnt true...they just misinterpret the quran...also if have have read the quran you would realise that it is easy to misinterpret it

L

littlewing69

$hiftyIceQueen said:

also no in the quran it forbids killing innocent civilans, so what they think it means isnt true...they just misinterpret the quran...also if have have read the quran you would realise that it is easy to misinterpret it

You said it was the non-believers' fault that they were slain by Muslims. That sounds a lot like the violent-whacko version of jihad to me :)

HSC
did i ???? i said that there were wars going on because no one at that time accepted islam ... just like most of the other religions ...

L

littlewing69

$hiftyIceQueen said:
did i ???? i said that there were wars going on because no one at that time accepted islam ... just like most of the other religions ...
What are you saying then?

Non-muslim: I don't want to accept Islam. Let's burn shit.

or

Muslim: Convert, biatchez!
Non-muslim: No thanks.
Muslim: We're gonna kill you!
Non-muslim: We'll kill you back!

I assumed you meant the second, and that would obviously mean that the muslims were at fault.

HSC
no they began the war coz they didnt accept it as a religion and because the non-muslims didnt want islam to exist, therefore the non-muslims began the war

also about this whole theory of muslims forcing non-muslims to become muslims where the hell did everyone get that from??????

banco55

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:

It means "holy war". I know the PC interpretation is that jihad refers to an internal struggle but there are a hell of a lot of muslim leaders etc. who use it to refer to an external war ie all the sermons about the russians in afghanistan.

As for misinterpreting things the shiite and sunni interpretations of islam can not both be correct so evidently as with all religions there's a lot of space for doctrinal disagreement. I'd further point out that the savages known as wahabbis (a sunni subset as you know) offer yet another interpretation. Oh and if you object to me referring to wahabbis as savages I think you need look no further beyond how they treat women to see why they are savages.

HSC
lol ... i think the "wahabbis" are pretty over-the-top...[but not extreme]

as for how they treat women i dont get how thats different?

also the reason things get misinterpreted is coz people come out and say this is what this means etc then someone else says the oposite thing

as for sunni and shiite...i dont know much about how shiites think of religion etc, but for sunnis we just follow the quran[gods words] and hadiths [prophets [pbuh] words]

L

littlewing69

$hiftyIceQueen said:
no they began the war coz they didnt accept it as a religion and because the non-muslims didnt want islam to exist, therefore the non-muslims began the war

also about this whole theory of muslims forcing non-muslims to become muslims where the hell did everyone get that from??????
History.

HSC
well in the quran it says not to force others or else the prophet would have forced many people...

but yeah many people try to force others into believing in the religion [still not allowed]

HSC
he never forced anyone ...he told them about the religion and that its "the one true religion" and all that and explained it to them but never forced anyone... if he did ...then what about his uncle? and his neighbours? and all those who he knew that were going to war against the muslims? they all didnt change to islam..

L

littlewing69

$hiftyIceQueen said:
he never forced anyone ...he told them about the religion and that its "the one true religion" and all that and explained it to them but never forced anyone... if he did ...then what about his uncle? and his neighbours? and all those who he knew that were going to war against the muslims? they all didnt change to islam..
If he never forced anyone, why did he have to fight goddamn wars?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I hate Islam because it is a religion of violence and savagery that seeks to force upon the entire world (Dar al-Harb) worship of a lunatic and murderer whose laws bring violence and oppression to all nations wherein they are imposed.
It is a cult and political movement created by transposing fragments of Christian and Jewish oral tradition upon Arabic paganism (Al-Ilah, a Meccan moon god, one of the idols inside the Kaaba) and its unchanging laws and restrictions are entirely incompatible with Western notions of freedom or democracy.
The entire message of the religion appears to be 'submit or die'. As for the Qur'an, I haven't any need to read it in Arabic when there is plentiful evidence that it is none of the things Muslims claim it to be.

Or,

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.
Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities — but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome." - Winston Churchill, The River War, p. 248-50, (1899)

HSC
coz they didnt accept islam and didnt want it t be a religion....i said this before:(

they didnt accept the religion, they tried to stop people from becoming muslims,
since all people in those days that lived in the area of the prophet[pbuh] knew that he was an honest and trustworthy person they believed him, then the wars began to stop islam from growing, because most people were leaving the other "religion" and the wealthy didnt want people to change, so the wars began

robbie1

HSC
Jerusalem: Two churches on the West Bank were hit by firebombs last night as protests continued throughout the Middle East following comments by the Pope on Islam (source: todays sunday telegraph page 37).

FFS, you people cant help yourselves can you? I noticed in India Muslims created a makeshift Pope and burnt it, chanting anti-papal slogans. Now your firebombing our churches. Fucking disgraceful. What would happen if I firebombed Lakemba mosque? I dont think I would be alive for much longer.

How can you sit there and say Islam is a religion of peace?

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Look guys she has been raised a muslim, no matter how much logic you throw at her she won't change her mind because muslims are rigid thinkers. Leave her be she may grow up eventually and abondon her bullshit religion, or she may not (which is the more likely path) and continue on living her happy muslim life (or until terrorists bomb sydney in the name of islam). and then muslim leaders will be like 'we don't condone this' and then go to sleep and continue on with their life without actually doing anything about the terrorists which are tarnishing their religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)