Why do people look down on UTS business so much? (1 Viewer)

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
UTS business is pretty good, I'm doing it next semester ;)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
The atar for Usyd commerce is about 94 and UTS is 93. I don't understand why people look down at UTS business when their ATARS are similar??
Giving out 10 bonus points for living in a certain suburb is pretty random LOL

RishBonjour

HSC
The atar for Usyd commerce is about 94 and UTS is 93. I don't understand why people look down at UTS business when their ATARS are similar??
loool UTS ATAR doesn't mean shit. Some people do UTS law with ATAR less than 90 because they get like 10 + random points (I think law cut off is 99?).

Having said that, I, personally don't look down on any business degrees as some members on this forum said - undergrad degrees are basically the same everywhere - its only the "prestige" or what the public perceives that creates a difference.

and fuarrr UWS finance and mq bank.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
UTS gives bonus points for the relevant subjects you did in the HSC, that is based on what band you got.. not based on what area you live in. Also, i didn't know people look down at UTS business lol. People should just mind their own business, and be happy with what they want to do regardless of what others think.

Last edited:

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
UTS gives bonus points for the relevant subjects you did in the HSC, that is based on what band you got.. not based on what area you live in. Also, i didn't know people look down at UTS business lol. People should just mind their own business, and be happy with what they want to do regardless of what others think.
they give bonus marks for both m8.

and basically people look down on it because it's not as good as usyd or unsw and then you have them elitist cunts like my brother who say "have fun at tafe" when i leave to go to uni.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Who is eligible?

You may be eligible for 10 additional points through the inpUTS Educational Access Scheme (EAS) if you currently attend a Priority school or Country Area Program school or if you have experienced educational disadvantage.

http://www.uts.edu.au/future-studen...n/educational-access-schemes/10-points-closer

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Who is eligible?

You may be eligible for 10 additional points through the inpUTS Educational Access Scheme (EAS) if you currently attend a Priority school or Country Area Program school or if you have experienced educational disadvantage.

http://www.uts.edu.au/future-studen...n/educational-access-schemes/10-points-closer
There are bonus points for subjects similiar to HSC Plus at UNSW, i think it's still capped at 5 just it's much easier to get that 5 at UTS compared to UNSW. The (additional) 10 points/inpUTS stuff is essentially just a very generous form of EAS. The students who are eligible for the 10 inpUTS points would be eligible for bonus points at other unis for the same reason too afaik

RishBonjour

HSC
they give bonus marks for both m8.

and basically people look down on it because it's not as good as usyd or unsw and then you have them elitist cunts like my brother who say "have fun at tafe" when i leave to go to uni.
hahahahhaahhahah

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
I've been on an off these forums for several years - someone should just sticky the answers to all of these common questions.

Unless you're applying to front office banking it's probably not going to matter. If you had the option of going to UNSW/USYD over UTS, then I would take it (why not?). If not, then play your other cards as best you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)