Why do people think Mathematics Extension 2 is so hard? (1 Viewer)

PhysicsGirl

HSC
It's not wrong. If we could get away with doing really, really horrible in Math Ext 2 and getting scaled up, pretty sure everyone would do it. There is no point in doing a subject out of your depth.

HSC
Uni Grad
It's not wrong. If we could get away with doing really, really horrible in Math Ext 2 and getting scaled up, pretty sure everyone would do it.
yes it is, if you get a shit mark in 4u it will be aligned and scaled to be a relatively good mark, are you denying that? it's just plain and simple fact

There is no point in doing a subject out of your depth.
see above

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Humans, please don't argue. Can't we all enjoy past paper night?

HSC
N/A
yes it is, if you get a shit mark in 4u it will be aligned and scaled to be a relatively good mark, are you denying that? it's just plain and simple fact
really?
so you're saying that if one was to get <50% in 4u, it would be scaled and aligned into something not pathetic?

HSC
N/A
Last edited by a moderator:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
LOL. The workload for 4u at my school isn't much. And I basically don't dedicate over half my time to 4u. Other subjects need attention too. Like my other 10 units...

khfreakau

HSC
This thread is lolworthy. Whilst I agree that 4u is overhyped (english adv is probs harder), it is by no means easy. q1 and 2 of the exam are basically gift marks, q3 and 4 are also generally fairly easy, it's only when you start getting to around question 6 that shit gets difficult. q8 is often mindfuck.

OE is right, if you are dedicating >50% of your study time to maths and are doing 4u, you are digging a grave for yourself. In fact, I probably spend the least time on maths. Now that we've finished the courses, I simply do past papers in class, and go home and do other stuff. Maths is a subject which you can do in a distracting environment, and one of the only ones which can be done so, so you should take advantage of this. If anything, you should be spending more time on english than anything else.

HSC
Uni Grad
That is really cool, I wonder if we can do that instead of mornings, I need to get up at 5:45...
I seriously hope that Mr Matchett makes the 4U class online though. Fark Mr Matchett cbfed teaching so he made Mr Paraskevas the teacher, and as a result we had to do it offline. If we still had Mr Matchett, we couldve possibly had it online. Sometimes morning classes just suck =_=

This thread is lolworthy. Whilst I agree that 4u is overhyped (english adv is probs harder), it is by no means easy. q1 and 2 of the exam are basically gift marks, q3 and 4 are also generally fairly easy, it's only when you start getting to around question 6 that shit gets difficult. q8 is often mindfuck.

OE is right, if you are dedicating >50% of your study time to maths and are doing 4u, you are digging a grave for yourself. In fact, I probably spend the least time on maths. Now that we've finished the courses, I simply do past papers in class, and go home and do other stuff. Maths is a subject which you can do in a distracting environment, and one of the only ones which can be done so, so you should take advantage of this. If anything, you should be spending more time on english than anything else.
+1

Spend at least 20-30% of time on english, and around 30-40% for maths in total. Other subjects need attention (heck, I practice 1.5-2 hours of piano a day, takes more time than maths, and on avg I only study maths 3/7 days of the week)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I seriously hope that Mr Matchett makes the 4U class online though. Fark Mr Matchett cbfed teaching so he made Mr Paraskevas the teacher, and as a result we had to do it offline. If we still had Mr Matchett, we couldve possibly had it online. Sometimes morning classes just suck =_=

+1

Spend at least 20-30% of time on english, and around 30-40% for maths in total. Other subjects need attention (heck, I practice 1.5-2 hours of piano a day, takes more time than maths, and on avg I only study maths 3/7 days of the week)
Mr Matchett and Paras are good teachers?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Yes. That.

funnytomato

HSC

+1

pranil123

HSC
shut the fuck up you muff muncher not everyone is as smart as you coz we actually have a life

HSC
Uni Grad
Mr Matchett and Paras are good teachers?
Mr Matchett is much more knowledgeable in 4U I think. Mr Paraskevas can't do questions without having to look through his notes. I even asked him to do the HGHS 2008 trial Q7 mechanics 4U, and he couldn't answer it. My 3U teacher said she used to teach 4U but now she's like cbf. I asked the same question and shes like nah I can't be bothered, otherwise itll take too long T_T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)