Why do people think the School Cert is so easy? (1 Viewer)

Year10er

HSC
Okay, yes, it should be very easy if you have paid attention in class all throughout Year 9 & 10, but I haven't. I don't understand why people say things like "It is a complete breeze. Don't have to listen to anything taught in class at all and you can still get a band 6 in all of the tests." Uh, what? For things like Australian History and Geography, you actually do have to pay attention in class to be able to answer the questions.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
It is not easy if you don't pay attention in class.
I think what everyone means if that it is easy because the results you get do not reflect the effort you put in unlike Year 11 and 12.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
School Certificate is easy. To be fair, HSC isn't nearly as stressful as people make it out to be.

People work at different levels. Some people may not need to pay full attention is class in order to understand the content. Others say they don't pay attention, but really do and are fooling themselves. And some students need to put in the extra work. It's not a one-size-fits-all scenario.

Year10er

HSC
I just don't understand the logic in saying things like "You don't have to pay attention in class at all, and you can still get a band 6 in everything."

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I just don't understand the logic in saying things like "You don't have to pay attention in class at all, and you can still get a band 6 in everything."
Because some people can do this. Not all, not even most, but some can.

Also, naturally smart people tend to think they put in less effort than they actually do.

Year10er

HSC
Okay, but I am in no way "Naturally smart." And I do not find the School Cert as easy as it is made out to be when I look at past papers, I know a lot of people are going to think I must be the most stupid person alive for saying that.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Okay, but I am in no way "Naturally smart." And I do not find the School Cert as easy as it is made out to be when I look at past papers, I know a lot of people are going to think I must be the most stupid person alive for saying that.
Trust me, you're not alone. My advice is to just ignore the comments that it's easy or requires no work, and actually work out how much effort you'll need to put in to do well. You've recognised a personal 'weakness' in yourself, so you can devise solutions to solve it.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
You don't need to be. School Certificate band 6's can be achieved by rote learning. In stage 6, this is not usually the case.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm also in year 10 and these are my thoughts:
The only easy parts of SC are probably Maths and Computing.
English and Science is alright.
History and Geography requires basic and previous knowledge learnt in class. (Hardest Section in my opinion)
Also, don't worry about SC too much (doesn't matter what bands you get) because HSC is all that matters in the end if you plan to complete Year 12.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^It obviously differs by person,

I did the worst in maths despite doing 5.3 maths in Yr 10 (all the stuff in SC I hadn't done in years!) only got 86, and my best was History with 98.

Computing was very easy and lol worthy (96)
Geo was pretty easy too, I suspect I lost marks in the MC because I couldn't remember some of the skills stuff like inclines etc. (94)
Science was pretty easy too.

English paper for my year was really weird, no creative story had to write a random as article.

RANK 1

HSC
school certificate is really easy.....you probably wont get a band 6 in anything if u havent been paying attention in any of your classes but you'd at least get band 5, or at least i did.
(except for history and geography cos a cbf about half the paper for both and still managed to get band 4)

jnney

lemon
HSC
I spent a week memorising everything because i didnt pay attention in class back thenLOL . aced it! But if you do that in year 11, you're screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)