why do some people do yr 12 and not go for an ATAR? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
is there any benefit lol, you may as well just leave yr 10. :/ You get HSC but thats it really. I know the army wants yr 12 leavers, but thats it really.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why? Because they're gonna get below 30 and they don't want that embarrassment. (mostly)

HSC
Uni Grad
It's also because they want to have one more qualification so that they can use it for their resume while applying for jobs and stuff. :p

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
It's also because they want to have one more qualification so that they can use it for their resume while applying for jobs and stuff. :p
but you do all that work you may as well opt for the ATAR and its something extra to show off in resumes. If its a bad atar just don't show it and say you never got one.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
ATAR is for uni, if you don't wonna go to uni, then why get an ATAR?

Yeh a lot of my friends couldn't get apprenticeship in year 10, and eventually just stayed on at school cos they could do tafe courses as subjects, which turned out to be benificial.

Some didn't know what they wanted to do, at all.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
but you do all that work you may as well opt for the ATAR and its something extra to show off in resumes. If its a bad atar just don't show it and say you never got one.
Most employers wouldn't give a shit about an ATAR, they'd only look at your subject marks.

Gigacube

HSC
Some TAFE courses require that you must have completed Year 12 to be able to enrol in that course.
Now most year 10s don't drop because they can't or they get apprenticeships or traineeships. I know the school based ones let you work for 1 day, attend TAFE for 1 day & 3 days of school.

HSC
Uni Grad
For those types of jobs, 2 years of experience > a HSC certificate.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Parents.

No, but I know a quite a few people who were keen to leave after the SC, however couldn't get employment; and therefore were forced back into the education system. And once year 11 is done, most are of the opinion that 'heck year 12, 3 more terms, pfft, that's nothing, we can do it'.

But in terms of employment, having the HSC qualification is just that extra positive that could land you a decent job in the big, wide world. With unemployment rates, any and all qualifications count for something.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
hmm yeah, but ATAR can give an employer on how well you went roughly. (some education savy employer may ask for it)

kcqn93

HSC
Because they are stupid and are incapable of achieving a competitive ATAR.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Because they are stupid and are incapable of achieving a competitive ATAR.
This.
Is what I was thinking the whole time I was reading this. All of the one's at my school like this kill me. Some of them do it because they don't know what they wanna do and shit. But thats's usually coz they're dumb cunts anyway.
I mean fuck, don't let your parents waste $6,000+ a year on school fees. Go to fuckin' public school! Even tho my school isn't Kings or like fuckin heaps expensive schools. It kills me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)