• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why does a cohort have to drag you down, even if you did good in external exams? (4 Viewers)

spiderfan44

HSC
No, she only did good on small topic tests, I can confidently say I'm smarter than that dumb bitch. Plus I got 100% on all topic tests except one which was a 75%, hence I'll share a mark with this dumb bitch even though I performed way better than her in trials.
well shes smarter than you at a specific small topic. if youre really worried you could always help her out so hopefully her hsc score improves and doesnt drag down your score as much

Last edited:

nonya2000

HSC
bcuz then you could just slack for internals then do really well bcuz you only focused on studying for externals instead of doing work
why should the school control whether we do work or not? if we do good in externals, it goes to show to the school we actually cared about learning, not just being a drone mindlessly doing work. If a drop kick doesn't want to do work or learn at all, so be it, it should be reflected in his external exam and not drag others down.

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
My school is full of incredibly stupid individuals in math advanced. (49 avg) these clowns will be dragging me down (calling them stupid cause they had the choice to drop, yet stayed merely because they wanted to stay with their friends. My advanced cohort should in reality only have like 5 people, yet there are 40) since i'm not the 1st ranker (top 5 marks for the trials were (98, 97, 92, 85, 79) as you can see, it greatly diminishes, almost exponentially). Who is the absolutely fucking retard that thought of this system? Not only is it unfair and isn't a true representation of your achievement, it promotes a fucking hell lot of inequality. Imagine a suburb like mount druitt. If you're in a school full of fucking idiots and there are only two smart kids, you being the second, you're going to fucking get a shit mark because these drop kicks will drag you down. The system should be like A Levels. 100% of the mark comes from the external assessment. HSC is inherently discriminatory to people who aren't in selective schools and low social economic suburbs by its design. Aboriginal kids are getting way less band 6s not because they are dumb and did bad on externals, its because they are forced to get dragged down by the whole community because of this racist system.

You fucking woke people care about inequality and preach it yet you make a system where high achieving students marks are able to be comprimised by a poor cohort, caused by being in a poor area or non selective school, because apparently making students share marks external on an exam marks is a good idea. Proof that the uneducated run the education system. No other fucking school system in the world does this peculiar bullshit. China's gaokao scores are based on an external exam A levels scores are based on multiple external exams.

Can the scaling also be set in fucking stone? Just because a bunch of retards join a course, doesn't mean it should be scaled lower this year.
It's your fault for the rank you got. You can't go around reprimanding everyone else when your the one who didn't put enough effort to get those top ranks or for whatever circumstances (its your fault)

ihatehsc24

HSC
well shes smarter than you at a specific small topic. if youre really worried you could always help her out so hopefully her hsc score improves and doesnt drag down your score as much
Just think about it logically, what a shit system it is where you have to help other people just for the sake so that your overall mark doesn't get affected??

spiderfan44

HSC
why should the school control whether we do work or not? if we do good in externals, it goes to show to the school we actually cared about learning, not just being a drone mindlessly doing work. If a drop kick doesn't want to do work or learn at all, so be it.
because in your internal assessments you get tested on certain skills that you cant really demonstrate in the hsc exam. for example, in english standard you have to do a multimodal, you cant do that in the english hsc. in ees i had to write a scientific report to demonstrate thinking scientifically skills, i cant write a 3000 word scientific report in the hsc exam. your internals also show that youre able to make consistent effort across the year.

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
why should the school control whether we do work or not? if we do good in externals, it goes to show to the school we actually cared about learning, not just being a drone mindlessly doing work. If a drop kick doesn't want to do work or learn at all, so be it, it should be reflected in his external exam, not drag others down.
I understand your frustration but at the end of the day, you are the one that put yourself in this situation. In fact, if you got those top 2 ranks you wouldn't be here writing paragraphs 'complaining'.

spiderfan44

HSC
Just think about it logically, what a shit system it is where you have to help other people just for the sake so that your overall mark doesn't get affected??
well he got beat by her in an exam. thats on him, not the system.

nonya2000

HSC
because in your internal assessments you get tested on certain skills that you cant really demonstrate in the hsc exam. for example, in english standard you have to do a multimodal, you cant do that in the english hsc. in ees i had to write a scientific report to demonstrate thinking scientifically skills, i cant write a 3000 word scientific report in the hsc exam. your internals also show that youre able to make consistent effort across the year.
I'm talking about math, where there actually is no need for any internal exams in fact.

nonya2000

HSC
well he got beat by her in an exam. thats on him, not the system.
In one exam. Since she got a 90 and I got 75 that one topic test, her rank will be around mine, hence I'll share the low mark of hers (she scored 75 in the trials while I scored 85).

spiderfan44

HSC
In one exam. Since she got a 90 and I got 75 that one topic test, her rank will be around mine, hence I'll share the low mark of hers (she scored 75 in the trials while I scored 85).
she beat you in that exam. youre getting moderated poorly in one assessment out of 4 total assessments. this isnt going to completely wreck your atar idk why youre freaking out so much

Solarised

HSC
All I'm hearing from this is I did shit on the exam and am blaming it on others. Just go and maximise you externals as easy as that, Your rank is 5th that would not affect you to that extent. That means 4 people beat you in ranking showing a lesser brightness from yourself. "Clear Headed" is an excuse its the hsc everything counts you should have done better. So instead of complaining like a little prick go and study to get the best marks you can.

sly_lyepat

HSC
My school is full of incredibly stupid individuals in math advanced. (49 avg) these clowns will be dragging me down since i'm not the 1st ranker. (calling them stupid cause they had the choice to drop, yet stayed merely because they wanted to stay with their friends. My advanced cohort should in reality only have like 5 people, yet there are 40)(top 5 marks for the trials were (98, 97, 92, 85, 79) as you can see, it greatly diminishes, almost exponentially). Who is the absolutely fucking retard that thought of this system? Not only is it unfair and isn't a true representation of your achievement, it promotes a fucking hell lot of inequality. Imagine a suburb like mount druitt. If you're in a school full of fucking idiots and there are only two smart kids, you being the second, you're going to fucking get a shit mark because these drop kicks will drag you down. The system should be like A Levels. 100% of the mark comes from the external assessment. HSC is inherently discriminatory to people who aren't in selective schools and low social economic suburbs by its design. Aboriginal kids are getting way less band 6s not because they are dumb and did bad on externals, its because they are forced to get dragged down by the whole community because of this racist system.

You fucking woke people care about inequality and preach it yet you make a system where high achieving students marks are able to be comprimised by a poor cohort, caused by being in a poor area or non selective school, because apparently making students share marks external on an exam marks is a good idea. Proof that the uneducated run the education system. No other fucking school system in the world does this peculiar bullshit. China's gaokao scores are based on an external exam A levels scores are based on multiple external exams.

To make things clear, imagine being 2nd ranked internally in Rooty Hill High School, with an external mark of 85, and the 3rd internal ranker's external mark is a 45. Guess who's average you will be taking? Not the first, you will be taking this retard's average, for an average external mark of 65. Hope you understand why its flawed.

Can the scaling also be set in fucking stone? Just because a bunch of retards join a course, doesn't mean it should be scaled lower this year.
rooty hill high school???? brian to'o reference?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)