• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why does a cohort have to drag you down, even if you did good in external exams? (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonolad69

HSC
it's a much better system clown. Imagine if you were in america, you would be crying too if you had to do extra curriculars and all that other bull shit just to get into a good uni, they are in a much worse situation than us.

lol? how else do u suggest people get into uni over there then?

pls enlighten me with your educational wisdom

jane1820

HSC
The whole point of the hsc isnt to see who is stupid n the other takes that persons mark solely based on ranks
it’s abt the ability one has throughout the yr
yk that while it is based on ur internal n external hsc marks if u were (in ur case) 5th with an 85% or 100% all yr then boom u get ranked 7th in external with a 71% (not to say u would just an example) it wont be ‘omg that person is this and that lets give their good mark to that person etc’ As u imagine it
they also look at ur prelim marks in this case bc dont u think its suspicious that u have been doing exceptionally well throughout the yr then boom?
im not talking from my ass btw its information from my mum (doctor at usyd, nesa scholarship holder and an acer high employee)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
i dont feel like arguing about this with you? You dont actually know me, my performance in that subject OR what happened to me during my exam thanks! Youre also pointing out the obvious, nothing in life is guaranteed, you can walk outside and get hit by a bus or something.

and i am aware of extra considerations for those with ses - people were just arguing that the system isnt flawed earlier, it wasnt a direct response to you. Those are considerations provided BECAUSE the system is flawed.

Honestly we should all stop engaging w this thread, hes had his complain abt his rank, yall have come in and had your say. theres no point in it.
why so serious
1728541241572.png

You said yourself you were sick and dropped off from r1. Is there more context needed?

PRIAPUS

HSC
Uni Grad
My school is full of incredibly stupid individuals in math advanced. (49 avg) these clowns will be dragging me down since i'm not the 1st ranker. (calling them stupid cause they had the choice to drop, yet stayed merely because they wanted to stay with their friends. My advanced cohort should in reality only have like 5 people, yet there are 40)(top 5 marks for the trials were (98, 97, 92, 85, 79) as you can see, it greatly diminishes, almost exponentially). Who is the absolutely fucking retard that thought of this system? Not only is it unfair and isn't a true representation of your achievement, it promotes a fucking hell lot of inequality. Imagine a suburb like mount druitt. If you're in a school full of fucking idiots and there are only two smart kids, you being the second, you're going to fucking get a shit mark because these drop kicks will drag you down. The system should be like A Levels. 100% of the mark comes from the external assessment. HSC is inherently discriminatory to people who aren't in selective schools and low social economic suburbs by its design. Aboriginal kids are getting way less band 6s not because they are dumb and did bad on externals, its because they are forced to get dragged down by the whole community because of this racist system.

You fucking woke people care about inequality and preach it yet you make a system where high achieving students marks are able to be comprimised by a poor cohort, caused by being in a poor area or non selective school, because apparently making students share marks external on an exam marks is a good idea. Proof that the uneducated run the education system. No other fucking school system in the world does this peculiar bullshit. China's gaokao scores are based on an external exam A levels scores are based on multiple external exams.

To make things clear, imagine being 2nd ranked internally in Rooty Hill High School, with an external mark of 85, and the 3rd internal ranker's external mark is a 45. Guess who's average you will be taking? Not the first, you will be taking this retard's average, for an average external mark of 65. Hope you understand why its flawed.

Can the scaling also be set in fucking stone? Just because a bunch of retards join a course, doesn't mean it should be scaled lower this year.
Just work ur ass off no point in complaining what are we gonna do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)