Why does english standard and advance scale the same according to ATAR calculator??? (1 Viewer)

ibbi00

HSC
Re: Why does english standard and advance scale the same according to ATAR calculator

TSFX is confirmed legit.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Re: Why does english standard and advance scale the same according to ATAR calculator

Will not comment until moniez has been confirmed received.

ibbi00

HSC

Mate, you'll be the first to know.

LonelyWolf

HSC

whats the reason for english standard being marked so badly?

ibbi00

HSC

This in my opinion is the most compelling theory.

Standard and Advanced english marks are aligned based on the performance of both streams in paper 1. Since the standard kids (in general) do crappier than the advanced kids in paper 1, the aligning for standard english is horrible.
Though I do recall screwing up section 1 of paper one (as usual) so idk, unless the other 2 sections were smash.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

I'll be waiting ibbi.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

+1 to the bold.

Standard and Advanced english marks are aligned based on the performance of both streams in paper 1. Since the standard kids (in general) do crappier than the advanced kids in paper 1, the aligning for standard english is horrible.

If you are decent at english, try and do Advanced. Do NOT be scared off by Shakespeare; the quality of work you have to do in standard and advanced to get good marks is pretty much the same.
That is true. And besides, the way I see it. If you're forced to do compulsory English, might as well do the best one they offer.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

But at the end of the day, its your choice whether you do Ad. English or Std. English. How come you didnt pick Advanced as you would have just as likely got a B6.

Or did you go to a highly ranked school?
Nup. It was offered to about 50 kids by the new coordinator in year 10 because she actually knows that's it's good to start there and only drop if you're retarded. But the teacher who's been at my school teaching advanced for years is a fucking cunt and he has no idea how anything works. He pretty much bullied me out of his class. Fuckin' hate him.
Also, he said in one of the first lessons "I'm here teaching advanced English because I want to teach the smart kids, the highest class. I mean, if you're a maths teacher you'd want to teach the highest maths there is, right? Extension one or something?"
Me: "Extension two sir."
Cunt: "Oh, extension two! Like in English."
He hasn't run a single English extension two class since he's been teaching at my school. My friend gets 100% in EE1 and Cunt said he wasn't good enough for EE2. THE FUCK?! And my friends in year 12 when I was in year 9 wanted to do EE2 and he wouldn't run it back then either. Fuckin' lazy cunt.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

Dude, totally get a petition going to get him fired.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

I'm raping most of the people doing EE2 at school in Adv.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

Its been so long and still won't let me give you rep.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

Lol, same here. :S

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

He's been there too long.
He's a good homeroom teacher and PC teacher with senior students.
He's an alright teacher so none of his students now would go for it.
And I honestly don't want to get him fired. That's slack.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Last edited:

erob

HSC
Uni Grad

It's because most of the capable english students are doing advanced; note i said most.
Yeah, at our school there are so many delusional people who think they are good at English and so do Advanced. One girl who can't spell wants to be a journalist and therefore picked Advanced hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)