Why is everyone doing their HSC? (1 Viewer)

Pubert

HSC
LottoX said:
Jesus, fucking christ. You guys are setting your goals damn high. Good work. I hope you all get what you're aiming for.

In year 11 I didn't know what I wanted to do. I still don't know what I want to do. It's a toss-up between Law and Medicine, but I still don't know. I'll see what we get first =)
Well, you gotta set your goals higher than what you want. You need some kind of buffer zone. Also, isnt Law and Medicine both really up there in terms of UAI?

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
Im doing as i have no job to got to and i plan on going to uni.
Aiming for anything over 85 as the cut off for surveying at UNSW is 85. ANything above this is a bonus. Good luck trying to get those 99+.

BlackDragon

HSC
i've come to really dislike school. hence, i am doing my HSC to get out and into freedom. i'm aiming for 98. i'll probably get it. at uni i will be doing b arts/b science

Sofstar

HSC
chryslerregal said:
What do you all want to do when you finished?
What UAI do you want to get?
What do you want to do at UNI?
- go to uni, actually get a job first and throw a massive party :)
- i got no idea, pref greater than 85. Then at least i can get into B. Science. 97 sounds good though.
- I have no idea, but something in science or health science. I can't see myself doing anything other than them two. Im also thinking about a post grad. in Medicine, cuz there's no way i could the UAI for it.

HSC
Out of curiosity do you guys think that your marks would improve a great deal form your year 11 yearly in comparison to the hsc. As well do you think your marks would be similar in your hsc to the school certificate?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Well, hopefully they will improve, especially my english marks. Coincidentally, my SC mark for maths was the same as my mark for 2 unit HSC maths, but that's not going to count, since I'm doing extension 2 maths this year and next.

HSC
Thats interesting. Ive found that my marks have dropped in my half yearlys a great deal but then have rised again in the yearly so far but still not as high as my school certificate. I am curious that they would improve yet again in the hsc year as you get use to each subject as its now more directed at a certain part of a subject then rather a slight glance over the whole like in year 10.

dreamer7

HSC
I would like to get into Asian Studies or International Studies @ UNSW or USYD. If that fails then perhaps Bachelor of Arts (Languages).

A while ago I had this crazy dream of going to Harvard. I hate money, it puts restrictions on everything. Just because I am poor does not necessarily mean I am not as capable of high achievement as those Harvard Americans. Oh well.

I am aiming for 95+, although it would be very very very nice to get over 99. I want to get a decent scholarship, which requires 99.95+ (for UNSW or USYD). Crap.

B35tY

HSC
Basically i'm doing the HSC for me. My parents would be ok with anything i got, and my uni course isn't exactly challenging (88 or so). My only incentive to work hard is to show myself what i can do. I know it's only a number, but if my results didn't reflect what i thought i could do, i'd be disappointed in myself.

After HSC, I'm deferring for a year to earn some money, get my L's, then my P's, and basically whatever else i want to do. By the end of the year, i'll be the same age as everyone else who's entering Uni.

I'd be happy with a 98 UAI

Bachelor of Applied Finance & Bachelor of Economics at Macquarie Uni. The cutoff is 87/88.

HSC
Ok then. Just confused as people ask for predictions on their uai's and people keep asking for their school rank. Would it still be good if you get 1st in your school even if the marks arent fantastic.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Well if you get first rank in all your subjects at the school, it would mean that your marks in the external HSC exams, unless beaten by someone else, are basically what are going to make up your HSC marks and your UAI. So it is advantageous to get first rank and do well in the subject at the same time. Your school marks won't matter in this case, but your rank.

In short, if you get first rank by a long way, your HSC marks and UAI are basically determined by your performance in the external HSC exams.

HSC
Thank you very much. I know that i am full of questions I am just extremelly worried about not getting my uai when everyone says I will get it easy and I dont know if I think i will or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)